179000 Engine Overhaul for NOTHING

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wagner
  • 17 comments
  • 1,627 views
Messages
322
Scotland
Scotland
Messages
dangerousdave9
Just spent 179000 on an overhaul for my McMerc SLR and got nothing out of it, is there a reason? Im just a bit annoyed thats all.

thanks in advance
 
Honoustly what DID you really expect then to get out of it?
 
how did i get to that much to start with
 
Well, whenever ive done it on any other of my cars, its given me a bhp boost but nothing with this one. Its at 886bhp the now and i was hoping for 900. @greyfox, ive bin hammering the nurburgring on the extreme series in the german league to get to lvl 21.
 
Uhm... You know, the engine rebuild option restores your cars engine and, thus, recovers any power lost due to milage.

If your engine is at full power (which I assume, otherwise, it would've had an effect), why would you rebuild it?

It's a fixed percentage of the car's initial price anyways, so don't use it until you've lost a reasonable amount of power. On that note, actually reading the tooltips helps a lot, instead of just using everything that costs credits as soon as it becomes available 👍
 
Just spent 179000 on an overhaul for my McMerc SLR and got nothing out of it, is there a reason? Im just a bit annoyed thats all.

thanks in advance

I'm winning races in my Furai, all the while sporting cr.500,000 chassis/body damage and cr.490,000 engine damage. I'm not convinced it's all that important.
 
My SLR has everything upgraded apart from the exhaust, as changing it makes it go from V8 rumble to the high-pitched whine of a tuned evo, and i prefer the former. P.s i didnt know that its a pre-determined amount, thanks for the tip.

david
 
@dotini, i was only doing it to see if i could boost the bhp, not that im racing with it particularly, just till i level up. thanks
 
@dotini, i was only doing it to see if i could boost the bhp, not that im racing with it particularly, just till i level up. thanks

It may be worth the expense in a race with very little margin.
 
suppose so bud, thanks for reading.
 
I´ve noticed my Sauber getting slower. On the Indy Speedway I´m 1,5 seconds slower than I was in the beginning.

Yesterday I bought engine overhaul + body rigidity restoration for 1M(!) and I don´t feel any difference either :P
No that´s what I call waste of money...

Do the cars have a small permanent performance loss like in GT4?
If so, then I guess those 1,5 seconds are the loss :(
 
Thats not very cool at all man, infact, that sucks so much a**!

unlucky bud
 
Thats not very cool at all man, infact, that sucks so much a**!

unlucky bud

The car had only gone 2000KM, but since I noticed it getting slower I gave it a shot, hehe. Guess you should wait way much longer before paying for that stuff.
Maybe you don´t even notice any change then, as other people have said.
 
I think i can go one better than that fella, my SLR only has 308miles on the clock, very annoying.
 
I think i can go one better than that fella, my SLR only has 308miles on the clock, very annoying.

308 Miles :sick: jeez it ain't even run in yet wait till at least 1.000 miles they usually gain more Horsepower by then
 
lol ok, thanks
 
2000km and you did an engine overhaul? Why?

My ZR1 RM has done 2550 miles. It was 905bhp fully tuned when new. After every 100miles or so, it drops to about 880bhp. I change the oil and it goes back up to 905bhp.

Overhauling the engine when it's at 905bhp won't yeild any more power than the 905bhp it has.

Maybe after 10-20,000miles it might only go back to about 890bhp after an oil change, and that's when I'll look at overhauling the engine. But not after 2000km!
 
2000km and you did an engine overhaul? Why?

My ZR1 RM has done 2550 miles. It was 905bhp fully tuned when new. After every 100miles or so, it drops to about 880bhp. I change the oil and it goes back up to 905bhp.

Overhauling the engine when it's at 905bhp won't yeild any more power than the 905bhp it has.

Maybe after 10-20,000miles it might only go back to about 890bhp after an oil change, and that's when I'll look at overhauling the engine. But not after 2000km!

It had lost about 50BHP (Most of it was probably regained from oil change) and the car was noticeable slower. That was reason enough for me :sly:

That´s not all, I did the same to my Escudo, haha! That car had ~5700KM, since it was bought used.
 
Back