1960's Nurburgring lesson

  • Thread starter Thread starter TVR_Sagaris
  • 7 comments
  • 1,002 views
Messages
18
Just thought this might be of interest to Nurburgring fans, as the commentator says "its hairy alright!"

 
There's a fine line between brave and crazy. I think the GP drivers of the '60s crossed that line! Amazing video.
 
Wow, that guy really took off on the straights there.
 
It just a country road that happens to meet at both ends, and has been placed in the eiffel mountains. Hedgerows, signs, curbs (in a few places) and fences = fantastic! Bring this to the next GT and I will be more than grateful!

EDIT: (To the second video) And people think the Nurburgring is dangerous now! 1960's tires looked pretty awful at best!
 
I didn't realise they'd done so much re-modeling since that footage was taken in the sixties.
 
Wow, old Nurb seems so much more exciting than the new Nurb. Probably the lack of safety does it for me.
 
Back