2.0 Advanced Competition - Week 0 - OPEN (Dry Run)

• Thread starter jus1029
  • 41 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

jus1029

Inactive due to lack of GT7 or FH5
Premium
Philippines
Metro Manila
jkty1029
20mainbanner.jpg

Week 0

20themebanner.jpg

Chosen by Week -1 winner, GTP_XXX

"Wide Open"
Cars: Any
Tracks: Any
Photo Travel: Yes
Explanation: In the words of Justin, "Show me what you got!"

20rulesbanner.jpg

(2.0 Rules by SlipZtrEm)

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT4, signatures excepted.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.

What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.

Others:
  • You may submit one entry. It must be your own work and not previously entered in a competition.
  • You may only change your entry once. When changing it, indicate clearly (please, when doing this, edit your post with your new entry, do not submit a new post with a new entry)
  • Please mark your Final Entry clearly in RED.
  • Your entry may not exceed the poll character limit. (5 characters are enough to name your image). If your entry exceeds it, the link to the full size image, will be removed.
  • We recommend you use a free image hosting service such as Imageshack, Photobucket or Flickr.
  • You must post your entry either as a thumbnail, or as a preview linked to the full image - see here for instructions .
  • Previews should be no larger than 400 pixels along the longest side - be it vertical or horizontal - and should not have more or less effects than the full size image.
  • Photos must be taken from a normal version of GT4, do not use any cheats or Game Shark codes to modify the game content.
  • Please do not ask other members to choose your entry. Have confidence in your own skills and go with your favorite shot.

20deadlinebanner.jpg

April 7th, 2013

Happy Photomoding and Editing everyone! :cheers:

Wouldn't stand a chance in a Unlimited comp but I think Paint.net will allow me to produce something decent for this. So here's the first entry :D

First and Final entry

A edited version of one of my "Banner Shots" entries.. I had one with "McRae/Grist" in the window but despite the awesomeness it adds it would be illegal :lol:

Okay, I'm gonna enter something in this. Let's see what GIMP can do.

FINAL ENTRY
It could be better, but I'm not a pro when it comes to image editing. Original, unmodified image can be found here for reference.​

Last edited:
So far, so good guys! 👍

Lister, you can do better! ;)

Alright. 👍

Same as what Mort did, my entry's based from my UEC entry.

FINAL ENTRY
The Speedster

Click for Lightbox!

If you're think a judge would enter in his own theme, I'm not the judge. :P

jus1029
If you're think a judge would enter in his own theme, I'm not the judge. :P

Theoretically.. You aren't :P

What programme do you use? Photoshop? That warm light indicates :sly:

Yes. Therefore, I can join! :P

Also, yes, I did. :sly:

Oh, darn.. Just my luck, I should aim for second. Digital cake for the one to get the reference :)

Six entries so far guys! Keep it coming!

Also, can someone ask Terronium-12 to promote both 2.0 and UEC to this week's Weekly Rewind? :P

jus1029
Also, can someone ask Terronium-12 to promote both 2.0 and UEC to this week's Weekly Rewind? :P

I doubt that'll happen.. Unless we can somehow make it more interesting than a.. Wait a.. He's doing the nostalgia trip thingy and GT4 should be next, so there's a small chance

My edit work, named "Driven round the bend"...

Final Entry

76b60448-ea7e-494e-aed4-6f7536d525a9_zps9bd5b926.jpg

Photobucket

EDIT: Picture looked a little dark, adjusted the brightness a little...

Last edited:
My edit work...

Final Entry

I'm not if this one's allowed. Would an edited version of a previously entered picture be allowed?

And, wow. Wasn't expecting such a great turnout. Back when I tried noooone entered, except for two people. :eek:

SVX
I'm not if this one's allowed. Would an edited version of a previously entered picture be allowed?

And, wow. Wasn't expecting such a great turnout. Back when I tried noooone entered, except for two people. :eek:
Justin's the guy in charge of this competition and he's using a previously entered picture...

Heck, I'd be screwed too :lol: good think I yesterday found out.. Tadaaaa, TWO COPIES OF GT4! :D Maybe it'll play the other, less used CD, here's hoping :sly:

Heck, I'd be screwed too :lol: good think I yesterday found out.. Tadaaaa, TWO COPIES OF GT4! :D Maybe it'll play the other, less used CD, here's hoping :sly:
Yours is a previously entered picture too? Justin hasn't said anything about that so I guess I'm ok then...

Well, seeing as he did too I think it's ok. I personally don't see a problem in that, here or in unedited, as long as you are the original source

To settle this "previously entered" thing, I am allowing it as this comp is still a soft opening. ;)

FINAL ENTRY

Wowzers... a few years old this one is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back