2.0 Advanced Competition wk. 14 Closed

GT4 Photomode 2.0 Advanced
Higher quaility. Harder to win. Can you make the top ten?​

Week 12 winner Jacoja06

This week’s theme will be "Slipstream" as chosen by week 12 winner Jacoja06.

Further explanation of theme:
Details: Create a picture of two or more cars on any track (No photo travel locations), and set them in the procedure of a slipstream manoeuvre. You are to use certain effects (motion blur, etc) to the cars.
In addition, I will also allow close overtaking on the boundary of a corner (which usually results after a slipstream).

All cars used must have similar power.
Cars: Any.
Tracks: Any.

Winner will select the top 10 for the poll and pick the theme for the following week.
Post your final entry in red letters. Such as “Final Entry”
A preview image may be used, but it may be no bigger than 300*400 pixels by either photo orientation.
You may have two honorable mentions if a preview image is not used.
You may change your Final Entry once. If if you do so, please edit your original entry make a new post linking to it.
Do not use an entry from a previous competition.
Do not post more than three photos in this thread.
Only one entry may be submitted, and it must be uploaded using Imageshack and have the thumbnail picture.

http://imageshack.us/

Photoshop adjustments, tools, and filters list:
Crop
Resize
Levels
Brightness/Contrast
Hue/Saturation
Blur filters
Noise filters
Sharpen filters

Tools:
Type tool
Sharpen tool
Burn tool
Dodge Tool
Blur tool
Clone Stamp Tool (for removing watermark)

[Note:No plug-ins for any of the above adjustments or filters are to be used]

You can use layers for overlay and layer adjustments, but not to alter the geometry and original subject matter of the picture: like
adding stickers and body kits, and objects that are not in the original image

Deadline for week 14 is November 12th

Hmmm, I better put this name to good use ;)

Awesome theme idea Jacoja, it will be very interesting to see what people turn up with 👍

Nice idea! I will have a go.

Do you have to record the replay of a race to easily get shots with 2 or more cars? And then where can you shoot photos of the replay?

It would be great to see some good use of effects, and creativity for this week (Photoshop is almost essential, but if you conker a nice way to represent the theme without it, you deserve a cookie 👍 )

Edit:
identti
Do you have to record the replay of a race to easily get shots with 2 or more cars? And then where can you shoot photos of the replay?
Spot on 👍
And when you have saved the replay, just go to replay theatre in GT mode --> Start needed replay, then carry on as you would in normal photodrive.

slipstream.. i'm unfamiliar with this term :dunce: can u xplain plz?

suzq044
slipstream.. i'm unfamiliar with this term :dunce: can u xplain plz?
There are about 3 Slipstream Races in the Mission Hall.

It's like a pocket of reduced pressure following behind a car as it travels. In racing, other drivers follow cars closely from behind, so that the reduced pressure sucks the car towards the rear of the other, which creates a good passing opertunity.

http://www.ratbaggames.com/powerslide/powerslide/slipstream.jpg

There is a little picture ^^

Oh yeah, drafting :sly:

i presume youre looking for more of a inline picture then? it seem hinted that making the pass would be acceptable?

[empty space]
i presume youre looking for more of a inline picture then? it seem hinted that making the pass would be acceptable?

Yes, I would greatly except the image you have used, but I just meant that it may not have that certain slipstream feel about it (even though you have used blur, etc, which looks quite nice :sly: ). So maybe it needs to be more inline.

Remember you have an entire week :lol:

I'd suggest checking it out in full resolution... If that's more or less what you want, I'll more than likely make it my final entry.

jacoja06
Yes, I would greatly except the image you have used, but I just meant that it may not have that certain slipstream feel about it (even though you have used blur, etc, which looks quite nice :sly: ). So maybe it needs to be more inline.

Remember you have an entire week :lol:

:) well, i was making a draft pass at le sarthe ... the picture just came too late. i wonder if i still have that replay. i just wanted to use something i had laying around to see just how much of a pass was acceptable ;)

"Final Entry" (Me in the A4. :sly: )

4002ay.jpg

You're so crative, TF w/ the Final Entry text. Not a bad shot either.

That is awesome, ALPHA. Defiantley has that slipstream feel.
I like how the driver is looking back, too.​

I would enter these competitions but I broked my pstwo like 3 hours ago. :indiff:

Vonie
You're so crative, TF w/ the Final Entry text. Not a bad shot either.

That is awesome, ALPHA. Defiantley has that slipstream feel.
I like how the driver is looking back, too.​
I'd agree, TF brilliant shot! You don't see that Locite NSX around that much!

I tried to get a shot with the driver looking at his mirror. However this time he's looking the wrong way, see the Pescarolo sneaking up in the left side of the picture to pass :).
I would enter these competitions but I broked my pstwo like 3 hours ago.
👎:(

No offense but that front end of that V12 LMR looks a bit pixelated. :(

I opened my tray and went to go get a cd case down the hall and tripped over the opened door and slightly bent the right hinge. Now when i close it the side wehre the hinge was bent it pops up. And doesn't read any CDs. So I'll have to go send it to Sony. :indiff: I know I should have shut it, but too late. Hey you live in Palo Alto?! 👍 Sweet.

But back on topic ;)

No offense but that front end of that V12 LMR looks a bit pixelated. :(
I know what you mean! The V12 LMR is one wicked car, I just wish they had used some better textures, ruins the picture :indiff:.

ALPHA
I know what you mean! The V12 LMR is one wicked car, I just wish they had used some better textures, ruins the picture :indiff:.
You could sort-of touch it up with the blur tool.

Back