• 9 comments

Snaeper

Premium
United States
Phoenix, AZ
GTP_Snaeper
DRAFT THREAD
(Banners Coming)

Date: Saturday, July 12th 3pm (EDT, UTC-4)
Schedule: Room opens at roughly 2:00pm for practice, Qualifying begins at 3pm, Race Start: 3:20pm

(BANNER COMING)
This event will be another four-class event with four spec classes. In regards to the upcoming 24 Hours of Spa, I figured this event would be very appropriate to run.

I've always enjoyed spec-racing, but seeing a field full of the same car bored me some. With this, I can combine spec racing in an event that offers more to more people while racing against an unprecedented field of classes. The points system has been developed to encourage racers to return for more events, while also encouraging clean racing and completion of the event.

During the event, the best way to communicate is to use your keyboard as microphones will not be enabled.

(BANNER COMING)
All drivers are expected to know and follow the GTPLanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidelines as well as The Good Racecraft Guide. You will be given one warning to improve your track etiquette at the end of the race should it be found to be unsavory. Should your track etiquette remain sub-par in the next meeting, you will be barred from future racing events until cleared for re-entry.
You are expected to hone your track etiquette and racecraft before participating!

(BANNER COMING)

Track: Spa-Francorchamps
Room Privacy: Public
Room Comment: 2 Hours of Spa
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Host: No
Max Number of Participants: 16
Race Quality: High
Voice Chat: OFF
Start Type: Grid Start w/ False Start Check
Boost: Off
Penalty: Light (to prevent short-cutting)
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Nitrous: No
Minimum No. of Pit Stops:4
Required Tire Compound Change: Off
Tire Restrictions: Racing Hard
Weather: Yes (Likely)

(BANNER COMING)
There will be a 20 minute qualifying session for this track that will be a start from the pits and feature all cars on track, please be clean and mindful of your fellows, and strategize your runs appropriately.

Please respect track boundaries at this time, you are to keep two wheels on the track surface while at race speed. If you venture off, slow down and return to course at an appropriate pace so as not to gain an advantage in inadvertent off-track expeditions.

(BANNER COMING)
There will be points awarded for this event and future single events like this. While this is not a series, at the end of the year, a champion will be crowned based on total points over the participation throughout the year. This event will use 4 classes of 4.
Finishing the race is classified as running at the end of the race. DO NOT STOP ON TRACK FOR ANY EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. If there is an emergency, that is acceptable, but if your car is stationary on track (regardless of where), for multiple laps, you will not be scored any points.

In the event that there are only two participants registered in a class, the First place points will not be eligible to win. Thus the highest finishing points a participant can earn against one competitor is two points. Likewise, if there is only one participant in the class, they will only earn 1 point for finishing the race. The points rewarded are based on how many entries were registered before the start of the race, not how many started nor how many finished. Thus if four cars registered for a class and only 2 started and 1 remained then the remaining driver would earn 3 points, plus any applicable bonus points while other cars in it's class were racing.

Additionally, only the Spotless Car bonus points are eligible to earn for a single entry in a class, as the lack of competition make the remaining points, moot. These are also the only bonus points available should a participant run unclassified.

DNF before 65% race completion: Member is eligible to win 1 Pt for finishing position. If the member is disconnected and is able to return to the lobby, he or she will be eligible to maintain Lead a Lap and Fastest Lap bonus points if they remain the lobby and spectate the race until the finish.

DNF after 65% race completion: Member is eligible to win full points in class + All applicable bonus points with the exception of Spotless Car bonus points. Spotless Car bonus points will only be awarded to DNF members if they had started the last lap of the race before being disconnected. Note: If it is found that the member purposely avoided a collision or some other occurrence that could be judged to hinder chances at earning or attempting to maintain Spotless Car bonus points by disconnecting then all bonus points earned for the event will be forfeit by member.

1st. 3 Pts
2nd. 2 Pts
3rd. 1 Pt
4th. 1 Pt
5th. 1 Pt

Bonus Points

Fastest Lap in Class: 1 Pt
Lead a Lap*: 1 Pt
Lead Most Laps in Class: 1 Pt
Spotless Car**: 3 Pts
Bonus Points can only be earned once per race.
*= Racer is credited with crossing the start/finish line in the lead. This point is only eligible to those who do not win the class.
**= When the race is reviewed and your car is found to have no visible cosmetic damage by the end of the event, you will be awarded your bonus points. These points are forfeit if you are given a penalty involving car-to-car contact with another competitor, regardless of your car's condition.

Penalties

Dirty Achiever***: (Points relative)​
***= In the event a participant dis-respects track boundaries multiple times while pursuing the next position, he forfeits any points he gained during the lap or finish as a result of that behavior. 2 Tires on the track at all times! Race cleanly!

Points Standings
As of VLN 2 Hours (7/5/14)
10 --- Glenalz81
10 --- Nicktune
6 --- hognhominy
5 --- Leoni Dias
4 --- Snaeper
4 --- GGGMotorsport
3 --- Hayden
2 --- Wardez
2 --- noisetanks
1 --- AudiMan2011
1 --- youngz
1 --- nascarfan1400
1 --- BOYRACER7r
1 --- Miata13b
1 --- nail-27
1 --- gtp_Tenderly
1 --- chatva

Tie-Breaker Rounds: At the end of every month, should there be two or more individuals tied in overall points while in the top 10, they will be asked to participate in the same class in order to separate break the tie. Members are encouraged in general to participate in the same classes as those around them, but this in itself is not mandatory. Only the Tie-Breaker rounds will be mandatory.

(BANNER COMING)

Oil Changes are highly recommended.

Chassis Improvement is highly recommended. NOTE: Test your car pre and post Chassis improvement in a Tuning-Restricted lobby to ensure it is permitted to race.
Car Appearance Requests: Matte, Color Shift and Chrome colors are allowed, but Solid's, Pearl's and Metallic's are requested. Wheels may be painted any color with any finish, but again, traditional colors (Black/Grey/White/Silver/Gold) are requested with Solid, Metallic and Matte being the requested textures.

Don't worry, there is no penalty for not complying! 👍

Entry Request Guidelines

When requesting a position to race in, it's as simple as copying the format of the entry laid out below and filling it in with your own information. Keep it on a single line and make sure you only include information relevant to that class.

Notes:
  • Number requests are only necessary for cars that have number plates.
  • Colored Wheel requests are only necessary for cars that allow you to paint the wheels
This is an example of a correctly-formatted entry request:
Snaeper/GTP_Snaeper/Grey/Silver/#21
I will not be held responsible for listing incorrect information if it is not provided to me upon your entry request.

(BANNER COMING)
The theme for this event will be the 24 Hours of Spa and will feature a variety of GT-type machinery that have raced there over the years.

Warning: As of 1.09, many cars standard settings have been altered. Simply go through the tuning menu and hit "Reset to Default" in all categories (usually just the transmission and suspension, though) and your car should become legal.
Additionally, make sure you do not have any aerodynamic parts installed on the car as this is counted as tuning and you will not be permitted entry.

Class 1: GTS
Car: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 LM
Tuning: Prohibited
Tires: Racing Hard
Entrants --

1. Leoni Dias/infodevil/Cosmo Mica/GT6 Matte 010/#92
  2. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color/Wheel Color/#
  3. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color/Wheel Color/#
  4. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color/Wheel Color/#

Class 2: GT2
Car: BMW M3 GT2 Base Model + (0/1) BMW M3 GT2 2011 + (0/1) E92 M3 GT
Entrants --

1. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color/Wheel Color/#

Class 3: GT3
Car: Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model
Entrants --

1. Snaeper/GTP_Snaeper/Midnight Purple/Black/#21

Class 4: GT4
Car: Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car
Entrants --

1. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color
  2. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color
  3. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color
  4. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color

Thoughts? Questions? Please inquire below.

Last edited:
I invite and request our top four in points to try to stick to a single class to avoid the following weeks tie-breaker round. This is entirely optional, however.

Hehe, I'll drive the corvette this time!

Leoni Dias/infodevil/Cosmo Mica/GT6 Matte 010/#92

I don't know if you would do that, but a category with a less power car would be awesome (like the Scirocco on Nurb), I have some begginer friends that would like to join.

Last edited:
I don't know if you would do that, but a category with a less power car would be awesome (like the Scirocco on Nurb), I have some begginer friends that would like to join.

Won't hurt, changed it to the Camaro, that's as low and slow as I'll go for this event. Future events will have slower cars.

Hey Snaeper please sign me out of the race this week, can not make it on saturday!

Thank you and sorry for that!

I think it's a safe enough assumption to say we won't be running this event today.

i have a question... how do you get the colours on your OP?

Using BB code.

Here's an example:

Code:
[color=red]Test[/color]

You can find a list of all available colors here.

Latest Posts

Back