20 million credits for free!

Not quite my friend. Since you talk about a future update, and the glitch operates in the past, locking savefiles to certain patch numbers is the only way to go.

To get it clear: you talk about a restriction imposed in an update, to not be able to sell vision GT cars. Deleting that update would render that effect gone.

false, you trick the 1.00 into thinking its a car that cannot be sold.

false, you trick the 1.00 into thinking its a car that cannot be sold.

You can't, unless you hardcopy the patch on the game disc. The way it is now, version 1.00 cannot be changed AT ALL without updates. So every deleted update will render said effect useless.

there is a flag that makes it so you cannot sell a car... set that flag on the vision cars, 1.00 wont let you sell it. Fixed.

P.S I am a programmer, and this is an EASY fix.

That flag has to be in the save data though and I doubt it is.

edit: Oh, I'm a bit late...

correct, and it fixes the glitch. Why would you ever need to sell a car in 1.00.

You have just now isolated all individuals who choose not to be online. There are many GT players who remain offline. So you are proposing that the option to sell a vehicle should not be available to them?

You can't, unless you hardcopy the patch on the game disc. The way it is now, version 1.00 cannot be changed AT ALL without updates. So every deleted update will render said effect useless.
So you can't make v1.01 write a bit of code into the save that tells it to not work on any version older than 1.01 or taking it to lesser extremes, tell it to make car so and so worth less money?

I wonder why we are all so eagerly helping PD fix this issue. Sure, I get it, it is a bit of a ehh, let's say 'brain' size competition, but still…

Holy Moly! Stop the madness. You guys are all thinking like a bunch of mad scientists here!

Let's bring this back to reality. PD is a cheap ass company who tried to shove micro transactions down our throats!

Option 1) Lock the savegame to patch version. - Cost: 1 programmer. 1 day. $1000

Option 2) Re-write the entire buy/sell code of the game to trick version 1.00 and/or all the other insane ideas I'm reading here. - Cost: A room full of coders and a month of labor. $200,000 plus overtime pay.

Now, I ask you, which option would the PD we all know and love take do you think?

I think most of us got it from the get go.

From a programming standpoint, since they left the loophole so wide open in 1.00 moving forward every new car in the game would need a "second version" of sorts. In other words to be recognized in 1.00 as a Honda Civic (or cheap random car) and as the correct car in 1.01 and any patch thereafter. That's no small bit of coding, basically re-writing all of the buy sell code for the game. Truly a gigantic F-up on their part.

Locking the savegame version is the only fix that makes sense.

Now let's all relax and enjoy our millions!

Technically, there can never be anymore new original cars in the game - only clones of cars already in the 1.00 database...

I'm still trying to download just the 1.01 patch so at least can play the game, but it's taking ages ! It has already stopped the download 4 times....

I don't know about PD, but Sony has found a fix.... You just can't use the game.... Ha

I'm still trying to download just the 1.01 patch so at least can play the game, but it's taking ages ! It has already stopped the download 4 times....

I don't know about PD, but Sony has found a fix.... You just can't use the game.... Ha

It's a problem with your connection, I downloaded 1.01 in just a few minutes.

... I was totally surprised when I saw this glitch was even posted as a new entry in the Official PlayStation Magazine:

http://www.officialplaystationmagaz...ney-cheat-earn-20-million-credits-in-minutes/

Is... this... normal? I mean.. at first I was thinking this might end in some banned accounts or some of us loosing some cars but... what I didn't expect at all was an official blog sharing a How-To guide for this glitch!
I agree, there is definitely something strange about the way this glitch is being 'reported'.

Perhaps it really is a social experiment or a carefully executed plan to cause mass confusion, moral realignment and apocalyptic car stockpiling, thus creating 'human drama'.

If I did the maths correctly you burn 14 million credits with every 330 P4 [insert your cash cow car] you buy and sell later. What kind of glitch is this? #sarcasm #glitch :lol:

"Human drama" maybe. "Financial drama" for sure.

Back