HERE IT IS!
:: THE GT6 20 MILLION CREDIT EXPLOIT FAQ ::

WARNING! EXPLOIT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

:: PRE-REQUISITE BEFORE ASKING/POSTING QUESTIONS ::
1. Watch the video (STEP 1) carefully!
2. Read all Q/A!
3. Ask clearly and politely!

STEP 1: WATCH THIS VIDEO CAREFULLY!

Give credit, where credit is due! This was first discovered by "Radical Dreamer". Thank you!

STEP 2: READ THIS 20 QUESTION FAQ!

:: 20 QUESTIONS ::

Q1: How is it done?
A: Did you watch the video? Take approximately 2 minutes and 43 seconds out of your time and carefully watch the video posted above.

::[TEXT VERSION] GRAN TURISMO 6 EXPLOIT: COMPLETE STEP-BY-STEP HOW-TO [SAFE VERSION]::
BY: IMPORTEKNIKAICR
LAST UPDATE: 12|17|2013 @ 01:26 EST.

- IF STARTING FROM BEGINNING [V1.00], START AT STEP 1.
- IF STARTING FROM CURRENT GT6 PROGRESS IN [V1.01], BUT DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE "SPECIAL VEHICLES" A MINIMUM OF 120,000 CREDITS TO PURCHASE THE BMW M4 COUPE IS REQUIRED OR THE GIFTED MERCEDES-BENZ AMG VISION GT TO SELL. START AT STEP 1. [DO NOT FORGET TO BACK-UP YOUR CURRENT PROGRESS FIRST ON A SEPARATE USB STORAGE DEVICE!]
- IF YOU ALREADY OWN ANY OF THE "SPECIAL VEHICLES" BELOW AND ARE CURRENTLY IN [V1.00]:

• BMW M4 COUPE [2074]
  • ACURA NSX CONCEPT '13 [ACURA NSX CONCEPT '13]
  • MERCEDES-BENZ AMG VISION GT [2055]
START AT STEP 12 [DO NOT FORGET TO BACK-UP YOUR CURRENT PROGRESS FIRST ON A SEPARATE USB STORAGE DEVICE!]
1. Insert disc.
2. Start GT6.
3. A prompt to download update v1.01 will appear. ACCEPT. DOWNLOAD. INSTALL.
4. After installation, GT6 will restart and a second in-game update prompt will appear. INSTALL.
5. GT6 will automatically start. Once inside the GT6 main menu, you have multiple options to "exploit".
6. You can earn 120,000 and purchase a BMW M4 Coupe, earn 1,000,000 credits to purchase an Acura NSX Concept '13 or the BEST option is to accept the free gift of a Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT.
7. Accept the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT gift BUT DO NOT GET IN THE VEHICLE! SUPER IMPORTANT! (WARNING! GETTING IN THE VEHICLE WILL CAUSE YOUR GAME TO FREEZE AT STEP 13!)
8. Press Start > Save game.
9. Press PS button > Exit game.
10. [OPTIONAL. BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED] Create a back-up of the save game (NOT THE SECOND FILE. THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED BACK-UP) via the PS3 Save Utility. Copy the save game to an external USB storage device.
11. Delete update v1.01 under "Game Data Utility" entitled "Gran Turismo 6". Press "Triangle" and select "Information" to confirm correct this file. The file should read: Title: Gran Turismo 6 | Created: | Size: (VARIES) Approximately 1200 MB and up | Version: 1.01. This may take a few minutes depending on the file size. Once deleted you may proceed with STEP 12 (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) or STEP 13.
12. [OPTIONAL. BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED] Under XMB, go to "Settings", scroll down to and select "Network Settings", scroll down to and select "Internet Connection" and "Disable". WHY? This will prevent accidental download of the v1.01 update when you start GT6 and intermittent prompts to download the v1.01 update during game play.
13. Start GT6. This is where the fun begins!
14. Once in the GT6 main menu, scroll left and go to "Garage".
15. Now, depending on your vehicle choice in STEP 6, you will now sell the vehicle based on your choice. Go to "Car List" and select the appropriate "Manufacturer". The BMW M4 will now be listed as a number code [2074]. The Acura NSX Concept '13, strangely, is the same name. The Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT is now listed as a number code [2055].
16. Select appropriate vehicle, scroll and select "Sell". Although the sale price is 333,993,856 credits, the maximum credit limit in update v1.00 is 20M credits. Select "Yes". IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN "HECK YEAH!" You will hear a "cash register" sound and 20M credits deposited into your account. (FYI: The maximum credit limit in v1.01 is 50M credits).
17. Exit the garage. Once in the GT6 main menu, confirm 20,000,000 credits appear at the top right and press Start > Save the game.
18. Press the PS button and exit GT6.
19. [OPTIONAL. BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED] Create a back-up of the save game (NOT THE SECOND FILE. THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED BACK-UP) via the PS3 Save Utility. Copy to an external USB storage device.
20. Under XMB, go to "Settings", scroll down to and select "Network Settings", scroll down to and select "Internet Connection" and "Enable". WHY? This will now allow you to re-download the v1.01 update when you start GT6.
21. Start GT6. The prompt to download the v1.01 update will appear. ACCEPT. DOWNLOAD. INSTALL.
22. After installation, GT6 will restart and a second in-game update prompt will appear. INSTALL.
23. GT6 will automatically start. Once inside the GT6 main menu, you have multiple options to spend your 20M.

OPTION 1 [BEST OPTION | MORE TIME CONSUMING]: Buy BMW M4 Coupe at 120,000 credits each. 20M will allow you to purchase 166 with 80,000 credits remaining to take the wife/girlfriend out for a dinner and movie. IN PARIS.
OPTION 2: Buy Acura NSX Concept '13 at 1M credits each. 20M / 1M = 20 NSXs.
OPTION 3: Buy Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT at 1M credits each. 20M / 1M = 20 MB AMG VGT.
24. Once your buying spree is complete, press Start > Save game.
25. [OPTIONAL. BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED] Create a back-up of the save game (NOT THE SECOND FILE. THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED BACK-UP) via PS3 Save Utility. Copy to an external USB storage device.
26. Delete update v1.01 under "Game Data Utility" entitled "Gran Turismo 6". Press "Triangle" and select "Information" to confirm correct file. The file should read: Title: Gran Turismo 6 | Created: | Size: (VARIES) Approximately 1200 MB and up | Version: 1.01. This may take a few minutes depending on the file size.
27. START GT6. This is where the your collection begins!
28. Once in the GT6 main menu, scroll left and go to "Garage".
29. IMPORTANT: Sell your "special" vehicles one at a time! Not all at the same time. For example: Sell [1] BMW M4 Coupe, now coded [2074].
30. Once sold, exit garage, BUILD YOUR COLLECTION!
31. Once the 20M is used, go back to the garage and sell another "special vehicle".
32. IMPORTANT: IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE COLLECTION BUILDING, REPEAT STEPS 27 and 28 ONLY UNTIL YOU HAVE [1] "SPECIAL" VEHICLE REMAINING TO SELL. SELL THIS LAST VEHICLE FOR 20M, BUT DO NOT BUY ANYTHING!
33. Press Start > Save game.
34. AT THIS POINT, YOU NOW HAVE THE OPTION TO EXIT AND REPEAT THE PROCESS [STEP 9] OR STAY AND SPEND YOUR FINAL 20M!
35. ENJOY GT6 WITH NO CREDIT CONSTRAINTS! THANK YOU "RADICAL DREAMER" FOR FIRST DISCOVERING AND SHARING THIS EXPLOIT WITH GRAN TURISMO FANS WORLDWIDE!

:: FOOD FOR GT6 "EXPLOIT" THOUGHT ::

BEFORE STOCKPILING YOUR GARAGE WITH HIGH-VALUE 20M VEHICLES FOR RESALE IN V1.01 AND ABOVE FOR 6M EACH, PLEASE TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE ENTIRELY PLAUSIBLE WAYS PD/SONY MAY “FIX” THIS “EXPLOIT” AND ACT ACCORDINGLY.

PD/Sony may lock your save game to the specific update version you are currently using.
For example, if you download the update with the “supposed” fix to the “exploit", it is quite possible for PD/Sony to include code into your save game that would “lock” the save for use on that update version and above ONLY, rendering you unable to sell the “special” vehicles and any other future vehicle/content in a downgraded update version [v1.00]. Thus, a back-up copy of your v1.00 save game for use in update v1.00 while OFFLINE ONLY may be the only way to enjoy your new collection. If this were the case, a garage full of “special” vehicles would be worthless. If you absolutely must have the most current update version with all of the additional content PD/Sony has to offer, then buying all of the vehicles and upgrading them now may be the best and only option for maximizing the “exploit”. Also, it may be prudent to leave your bank account at the update v1.01 limit of 50M credits.
It is also quite feasible that PD/Sony may limit/disable sales of vehicles above a specified value. PD/Sony implemented this in GT5. Thus, the possibility is there. If this is the case, a stockpile of high value vehicles to be sold in v1.01+ would be rendered worthless. In my opinion, update v1.00 is the place to be if you intend to enjoy the majority of the vehicles, tracks and accessories GT6 has to offer without running the risk of your progress being patched. If you do not mind not playing online/multi-player or not installing future updates and all of the included future content thereafter that is. Unfortunately, with the lack-luster multi-player and online features, I am okay with that and fully content with staying in v1.00 for the remainder of the GT6 life-cycle. Thank you for the garage full of cars and closet full of gear PD/Sony!

- IMPORTEKNIKAICR -

Q2: Do I have to have 1M credits to do this?
A: No. You can race and save 120,000 credits to purchase a BMW M4 or take delivery of the first gifted Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT and sell it in v1.00. IMPORTANT: DO NOT FORGET TO GET OUT OF THE VEHICLE BEFORE EXITING AND DELETING THE V.101 UPDATE! BUY ANOTHER VEHICLE WHICH IS KNOWN TO EXIST IN THE BASE CODE OF V1.0 (HONDA FIT, ETC.) AND GET IN THAT! OTHERWISE, THIS WILL CAUSE AN ERROR/FREEZE! IF THIS OCCURS, REFER TO Q/A 10 FOR A FIX!

Q3: Can this process be repeated?
A: Yes! Simply save enough credits to purchase either a BMW M4, Acura NSX Concept '13 or Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT in v1.01 and then repeat the process.

Q4: Can I get in trouble?
A: Maybe, possibly, we do not know at this time. There are nearly 50 pages of debates regarding this. In the meantime, use this at your own risk!

Q5: I hear there are other vehicles that can be used for better results, is this true?
A: Yes, the BMW M4 can be purchased in v1.01 for 120,000 credits and sold for the same maximum value of 20M as the Acura NSX Concept '13 and Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT. 20M divided by 120,000 = 166 BMW M4s!

Q6: I keep selling my vehicles, but my bank account will not go above 20M. Why?
A: Each version has a credit limit. In order to make this worthwhile, you must sell one vehicle (BMW M4, Acura NSX Concept '13, Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT) for 20M, use the 20M and then repeat.

Q7: What is the credit limit per version?
A: Version 1.00 has a credit limit of 20M, whereas version 1.01 has a credit limit of 50M.

Q8: I have a digital PSN version of GT6, can I still do this?
A: Yes, but a physical hard disc of the game is best. In order to do so on the digital format, the entire game requires deleting and re-installing.

Q9: Can I copy the v1.01 update onto an external device to make the process quicker?
A: No. Not through normal means. Perhaps there are other ways but would require hacking your console (HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED)!

Q10: I have done this and now my game is freezing. Why? How do I fix it?
A: This is occuring because the game is trying to recognize a vehicle not programmed into v1.00 (BMW M4, Acura NSX Concept '13 and Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT). In order to fix this, You must reinstall v1.01, get out of the vehicle in question (use any original v1.00 vehicle) and repeat the process as normal.

Q11: Can this be done with multiple hard drives to be make the process quicker?
A: Yes. In fact, it can be performed best with multiple PS3s by keeping one with v1.00 installed and the other with v1.01 installed. It will then be a matter of merely transferring the save game from one PS3 to the next via a USB drive.

Q12: How can I safeguard my save from errors and data loss?
A: As with any digital data, redundancy is paramount! Create multiple copies of your savegame onto external data storage devices (thumb drives).

Q13: I have deleted update v1.01 and now is there a yellow exclamation point next to my Anniversary Edition vehicles and will not allow me to access them!
A: There is an issue with v1.00 recognizing the Anniversary Edition vehicles after deleting the v1.01 update. No worries, you still have the download rights to the content. Simply go to the PSN store and re-download the Anniversary Edition content.

Q14: I could have sworn I have updated the vehicle images, now, after deleting v1.01, the images are gone!
A: This is a known issue regarding the saving of vehicle images. This does not affect gameplay, simple re-update the vehicle images.

Q15: How many vehicles can I safely store in my garage?
A: The garage limit is 500.

Q16: What is the stockyard?
A: The stockyard is used as a supplement to the garage. Vehicles you do not use often should be kept in the stockyard. This was implemented by PD in order to decrease the overall load time of the garage.

Q17: What is the stockyard's maximum storage capacity?
A: Supposedly "9,999". As of now, this is unconfirmed.

Q18: Is the stockyard safe?
A: There have been mixed reports regarding the stockyard, some have had better results than others. I personaly have used the stockyard and have had instances of some cars disappearing, but I believe this may be as a result of incomplete saves. I double and triple save by hitting start at the main menu and have not had anymore lost vehicles. But until this is confirmed, make multiple copies of your save game on separate USB data storage devices and use at your own risk!

Q19: After I am done buying all of the vehicles in v1.00, can I stockpile vehicles for sale in updates v1.01 and up for future credits?
A: For now, yes, unless PD/Sony edits the update code which would limit the sale or resale value of high resale value vehicles. As a reference, 20M vehicles can be sold for 30% of its original value, which is 6M!

Q20: Now that I have done this, what's next?
A: Play the game with no more credit constraints and enjoy driving the vehicles PD/Sony would have you grind for hundreds of hours or pay hundreds of dollars to enjoy! Do not be upset if something unexpected occurs as a result of performing this exploit. PD/Sony may/may not respond with any form of consequence/punishment. EXPLOIT AT YOUR OWN RISK! Now that you are fairly knowledgeable and proficient with this process, teach others and refer their questions to this FAQ! As a wise preceptor once taught me: "Learn One, Do One, Teach One!"

IF YOU SEE A QUESTION WITH AN ANSWER LISTED ON THIS FAQ, PLEASE REDIRECT THEM HERE!

STEP 3: IF YOUR QUESTION(S) REMAIN UNANSWERED, ASK CLEARLY AND POLITELY!

Thank you to all who have contributed to this knowledge base! You know who you are! If you can prove you have answered a question first via page and post number, please feel free to message me so I can add you to the list of credits!

FAQ COMPILATION: IMPORTEKNIKAICR,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow!

and thats how these things get patched...

edit- keep in mind if you try it you will lose access to your 15th anniversary cars. unless there is a way of getting them back but im unaware of that at the moment.

edit- keep in mind if you try it you will lose access to your 15th anniversary cars. unless there is a way of getting them back but im unaware of that at the moment.
Re enter the code and you can DL them again, so if you ever lose them for what ever reason, but I believe you can only do it on the same console

you can redownload them bruh
I've done this glitch is a nice number of times now and I'm not ashamed at all of it. people have different tastes in racing games. I personally don't like grinding a small sum of money to get a car that I really want. I see no fun in that. I'd rather have some sick rides available at the beginning to have fun at.
and to those saying oh, that kills the fun of the game, no it doesn't (atleast not for me). I glitched at the beginning of GT5 and I still played the heck out of it until GT6 came out without ever getting bored.

you can redownload them bruh
I've done this glitch is a nice number of times now and I'm not ashamed at all of it. people have different tastes in racing games. I personally don't like grinding a small sum of money to get a car that I really want. I see no fun in that. I'd rather have some sick rides available at the beginning to have fun at.
and to those saying oh, that kills the fun of the game, no it doesn't (atleast not for me). I glitched at the beginning of GT5 and I still played the heck out of it until GT6 came out without ever getting bored.

??? i didn't say im against doing this, just don't really like when stuff like this gets posted on high traffic forums thus making PD aware of it quickly.

??? i didn't say im against doing this, just don't really like when stuff like this gets posted on high traffic forums thus making PD aware of it quickly.

There's nothing they can do about it because you're deleting the patch to do this glitch, although it will become more time consuming as more patches are released.

They can't patch something involving downgrading your software to v1.00 for disc based customers. They would have to write information to the disc or make the game online-only. One is impossible because the PS3 does not have a BD burner. The second alienates all people not on an internet connection.

This glitch exploit will live on in infamy.

They can't patch something involving downgrading your software to v1.00 for disc based customers. They would have to write information to the disc or make the game online-only. One is impossible because the PS3 does not have a BD burner. The second alienates all people not on an internet connection.

oh i had no idea of that, PD really messed up on this one. im glad tho at least people wont give into there microtransaction packs.

Before this gets shutdown, use your initial 20 mil and buy 20 vision cars and you will technically have 400 mil to spend, and repeat...

im pretty sure 20million is max cash? when you try to sell the vision car the sell price is like 366mil but you only get 20

im pretty sure 20million is max cash? when you try to sell the vision car the sell price is like 366mil but you only get 20
Yep, so you spend your 20 mil then sell the next vision car for another 20 mil and so on.

I'd usually not participate in exploits, but low reward pay outs and ridiculously priced micro transactions have made me quite happy that this little glitch surfaced. There are 10 cars priced at 20 mil and another 5 priced at 10 mil or more. I wouldn't stand a chance of collecting the cars in this game unless they started the daily log in bonus like they did in gt5.

Last edited:
yeh I know bro my first line was meant to be and my other paragraph was just a little rant, not aiming towards you ;)

Haha, the rare players who buyed credits should now feel some strong injustice; very bad move by PD especially because this trick is so easy (and so tempting..)
And I did pay for a micro transaction after how long I saw it would take to save for my favorite cars in the game. They got extra money from me already, another reason I don't feel bad about using this little exploit.

Tom
Do you not think that there is a reason towards that? You'd have thought it would only it take it to happen once for somebody to realise. Then again, I guess not.

nah not really. this is a glitch. it's not like we're hurting another group or party by doing this. it's not like we're manipulating game data and messing with the servers.

If "modded cars" were allowed to be discussed here, there is no reason that this shouldn't be allowed to be discussed since as far as I'm concerned those cars led to a bigger disadvantage than this glitch which simply gives you money and gives a big F U to microtransactions. every previous glitch in GT5 was discussed here but this. makes no sense to me but then again thank goodness I'm not a moderator :lol:

They can by making newer game saves incompatible with v1.0. That brings its own problems of course. There might be other ways depending on how they structured the game save.

No point in having 100s of millions at the moment. The game doesn't let you have more than 500 cars as it deletes everything in the stockyard.

I guess now that such a public site as IGN has let the cat out of the bag, there's no need to delete all posts about it here. Rather have a discussion about it and the impact on the game than trying to pretend it doesen't exist.

No point in having 100s of millions at the moment. The game doesn't let you have more than 500 cars as it deletes everything in the stockyard.

I guess now that such a public site as IGN has let the cat out of the bag, there's no need to delete all posts about it here. Rather have a discussion about it and the impact on the game than trying to pretend it doesen't exist.
Good thing I was happy with ~250 cars or so. I put my anniversary cars in the stock yard because if they disappear I can just redownload them. I'll never end up with a full garage as there are tons of cars that just don't interest me.

May only let you have 500 right now, but you could start knocking out the most expensive ones in the game. I have spent around 400 mil so far and that was only for around 225 cars. That's how expensive they are...

Will doing this allow you to maintain your current garage and campaign progress? I'm mostly a time trial driver so having a breadth of cars is huge for me. Also can we confirm that buying 20 with the initial 20 million and then just selling all of those works? It would definitely make this more time efficient.

Will doing this allow you to maintain your current garage and campaign progress? I'm mostly a time trial driver so having a breadth of cars is huge for me. Also can we confirm that buying 20 with the initial 20 million and then just selling all of those works? It would definitely make this more time efficient.

Yes and yes. Just don't ever choose the vision car to drive while you revert back to 1.00. It will freeze up on ya. I accidentally did it. After spending 19 vision cars worth of money, sell that last one and save the 20 mil, reload 1.01 and do the process over.

May only let you have 500 right now, but you could start knocking out the most expensive ones in the game. I have spent around 400 mil so far and that was only for around 225 cars. That's how expensive they are...

pretty sure PD sells 7mil for 50usd? if thats correct, then that would equal to $2,857.14 USD worth of virtual cars

I´m not going to try this since I don´t want to loose or damage my saved data. Just in case. I have 1 million credits, 50 cars, Anniversary Edition ones, and more than 50% of the game completed...imagine if something happens.

I will play the game as it is. PSN version here.

Back