20 million credits for free!

The M4 and Mario Andretti's Hornet are both in v1.01. The mini patches only unlocked them for public use so I'd think that wouldn't work.

FAQ #9 is not quite correct. You can do a back up of your entire hard drive to external drive. This means you do not have to download the 1.01 patch from Sony again, just reload your version 1.01 from the system backup. For some people like me, it is much faster to restore the system than to download 1.2 GB of data. No hacking or loss of data, though there is risk of the system restore failing.

My system backup takes 100 minutes from USB flash drive, download the patch takes over 3 hours and fails 80% of the time.

If they weren't selling credits in the PSN store the argument about wether this is right or wrong wouldn't even exist.

I spent $320,000,000 yesterday if I were to try and earn that much it would take years and if you bought that much from the psn store it would cost $2,299.54, it's not a hard choice to make.

Has anyone seen a complete GT6 vehicle database with price list? I am curious to know the exact in-game credits required to acquire all vehicles and accessories (helmets, suits). From this total, we can calculate what ridiculous amount of "actual" money is required to gain full uninhibited access to all of the game's content.

Has anyone seen a complete GT6 vehicle database with price list? I am curious to know the exact in-game credits required to acquire all vehicles and accessories (helmets, suits). From this total, we can calculate what ridiculous amount of "actual" money is required to gain full uninhibited access to all of the game's content.

Found it!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-05-gran-turismo-6-a-list-of-all-1197-cars

Now, I would like to recruit 10-12 participants to help tally the exact total cost. Any takers? We can break this down to groups of 100 vehicles. Of course, credit will be given to all participants in this calculation!

I was going to play the game like I have the past five releases and start from the bottom and build up. But after discovering the ridiculous prices on credits, it felt like a huge poke in the eye including the low amount of prize cars and low pay outs, so I decided to liberate my game myself. I now own every car in the game and have 160 XJ13's sitting in the stockyard ready to be sold off when I need tuning money. How far this game has fallen from the original vision. I don't say I hate the game, but it is a disappointment after being in from the beginning and knowing where it could be.

I was going to play the game like I have the past five releases and start from the bottom and build up. But after discovering the ridiculous prices on credits, it felt like a huge poke in the eye including the low amount of prize cars and low pay outs, so I decided to liberate my game myself. I now own every car in the game and have 160 XJ13's sitting in the stockyard ready to be sold off when I need tuning money. How far this game has fallen from the original vision. I don't say I hate the game, but it is a disappointment after being in from the beginning and knowing where it could be.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-glitches-and-errors-thread-read-first-post.291414/

From what I've read cars in the stockyard tend to disappear for some people. I'd get them out of the stockyard ASAP.

Edit: Treed ^

FAQ #9 is not quite correct. You can do a back up of your entire hard drive to external drive. This means you do not have to download the 1.01 patch from Sony again, just reload your version 1.01 from the system backup. For some people like me, it is much faster to restore the system than to download 1.2 GB of data. No hacking or loss of data, though there is risk of the system restore failing.

My system backup takes 100 minutes from USB flash drive, download the patch takes over 3 hours and fails 80% of the time.
If you plan on doing this multiple times, your system restore can be done much faster. Make two backups of your hdd to an external hd. The first backup should be an entire backup of the system. The second backup should be made after you delete everything besides the GT6 game data 1.01 (delete all your other Game data, demos, music, videos, pictures etc). Use the second backup while you are glitching your credits and when you are happy with your bank balance and your garage you restore from your first backup.
Worked perfectly for me. Did not loose any data and saved time.

I find another method : PSN download version can work.
1. need another 2.5" HDD, re-build PS3 system and install "GT6 v1.00"
2. replace HDD change GT6 version, just like kill v1.01 process.
3. carry save file with USB key.

simple and easy, speedy than re-install v1.01 patch.

You could use two PS3s, but in my experience, having downloaded the patch three times now (for two glitches), you probably only need to do it that many times to get everything you want.

First glitch is with your VGT or M4 (maybe multiple M4s), because everyone should have roughly 2-3 million credits on average. Glitch to 20 mil with one car, maybe start buying cars, but another glitch'll need to be done.

Come back to 1.01, and with your 20 mil, buy ~100-150 M4s (I only bought about 70), return to 1.0, glitch and buy as many cars as you want, all of them probably (I could only come up with around 150 that I 'really really' wanted), then with the remaining M4s, just convert them to a 20mil car each, you'll be getting 6 million nicely stored for a 120,000 car in the M4 each time, so I have about 300 million in credits that are there if I need the odd car or tuning part, but I obviously left my last M4 to just give me that 20 mil head start, no use putting yourself 14 mil behind by spending the last M4 on another 20mil car ;)

If you read the thread it already has been done.

Edit - From the post I was referring to above:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1260

"Exploiting a Game Glitch
Exploiting any issue/environment, not intended to be accessible, to give oneself an unfair advantage in online play."

This is from the PSN terms, I'm assuming the PS3s and GT6s terms also have glitch clauses, as I'm not bothered to read them just to post on this thread.

I don't see that this gives the user "an unfair advantage in online play." Players will still use the same cars with the same upgrades and same physics that are available to everyone else, whether they've "earned" their money through driving, buying and selling cars, or (unlikely) bought a few million credits.

I share the view of others in that I believe it would be commercial suicide for Sony to take action against users for this, especially at a time when people are making a decision as to what their choice of next-gen console will be.

^I agree. Although I haven't used the glitch yet as I'm against using exploits like that to gain easy money in a game, I can fully understand (first time ever) that people are using it.

Payouts are clearly kept low to encourage people purchasing credits, which is an absolute outrage. Yesterday for example, I won the online 70 minute Matterhorn endurance (see GT6 online section) and got a whopping 18k credits for that... :irked:
So I'm facing a moral dilemma right now. Using the glitch or not to get some more cars I'm interested in...

i won't use that glitch, i think it's stupid to use it. The game makes no fun then....
We're still pedalling in a circle I see. Bravo. I realise the thread is long but that should be some sort of indication that anything anyone wants to say in it now has already been said at least a dozen times before.

^I agree. Although I haven't used the glitch yet as I'm against using exploits like that to gain easy money in a game, I can fully understand (first time ever) that people are using it.

Payouts are clearly kept low to encourage people purchasing credits, which is an absolute outrage. Yesterday for example, I won the online 70 minute Matterhorn endurance (see GT6 online section) and got a whopping 18k credits for that... :irked:
So I'm facing a moral dilemma right now. Using the glitch or not to get some more cars I'm interested in...

Again, I counted the hours. 24 hrs a day for 633 days. Almost two years. I want to go online and have a selection of cars to race in any event the host may pick. Don't have time to grind.

Back