200 A-Spec Motegi 8hrs Endurance (Stock Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74)

Glad to see you're trying it out, and the faster laps will surely come as you get used to the track and the car. 👍 I found in a lot of places it was easier to remain in 3rd gear, rather than dropping to 2nd. In fact I think there's only 2 bends where I ended up using 2nd gear as the race wore on, V-Curve and Hairpin. To be honest, my tyres were worn at 20 laps, and I did lose a lot of time on my last 2 or 3 laps of each 25 lap set, but I believe given my MOV, you should be OK pitting each 20 laps and would still win.

Thanks too for verifying the lineup, the miscount my well be on my part so you may very well be right. I'd been through it twice before I decided to actually tally the count and I might have missed one. :indiff:
Just to clarify, you did 54 enter/exits and are racing lineup 55, right?
I restarted the race to try and use the experience I gained from the first hour and a half to boost my laptimes at the start a bit (I also reset my console so that I would regain the 3 HP I would have lost). So far, not too bad, as I've gotten myself into the low 2'20 range consistently with a best lap of 2'19.101. Pitting every 20 laps has worked fairly well, as I don't lose as much time on crappy tyres and I can afford to put a bit less fuel in. Currently 3:37'19.850 and 91 laps in, and am 10.335 seconds behind the leading Chaser. Thanks for the help. 👍

Correct. I entered 54 times and raced lineup 55 both times. That could be my end twice though, I dunno.

Sounds like you're having a great race of it ty00123, 👍 I guess I should've slowed down a little to make things a little closer, but I had my eyes firmly on the prize and meeting my 100,000 goal! :guilty:

So there's a Year of Free Premium! up for grabs if you can provide the 30 correct answers to the 12 questions above.
I've only had 2 entries so far and they're both from the same person!!!
It's a sign of the times when no-one is interested in free-stuff! :rolleyes:

Please don't ask me to PM you back with marks out of 30, that's coaching and I might as well just hand over the answers to you. I've started a leaderboard that puts your current scores into points brackets, but I'm offering no more than that until someone gets all the answers right, or until Dec 2nd when I'll post up a batch of clues.

*Edit*, it's 3rd time lucky from mynameissport, getting all 30 answers with his 3rd entry.

They were:

1.) Hairpin Turn
2.) Tochigi
3.) 2'17.398, lap 93
4.) The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, Douglas Adams
5.) Nurburgring 24hr Endurance, Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car '85, 138 A-spec points
6.) Integra - lap 39, Civic - lap 63, Celica - lap 88, GT-R - lap 110, Chaser - lap 129
7.) Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway
8.) Lap 33, 2'17.913 and Lap 34, 2'17.902
9.) Safari Rally, Joginder Singh, Kenyan
10.) Chaser - Hour 3, Celica - Hour 8
11.) Celica, Chaser, Alpine (Car Audio manufacturer, not the vehicle maker!)
12.) Moron is the Welsh word for carrots.

Enjoy a year of advertising-free :gtplanet:y goodness. :cheers:

Last edited:
Sounds like you're having a great race of it ty00123, 👍 I guess I should've slowed down a little to make things a little closer, but I had my eyes firmly on the prize and meeting my 100,000 goal! :guilty:

Sorry for the small thread bump, but I just finished. One of my friends accidentally unpaused my race just after the halfway point (I was about 10 seconds behind the leading Chaser) and cost me nearly a minute. I did, however, manage to fight back and take the lead over the Chaser with just under half an hour left and win by ~20s. Amazing race; my heart was pounding for the entire final hour.

And this confirms it: even a slightly-better-than-average driver can win this race. It doesn't take a driving god like Smallhorses. :)

Awesome job ty00123 👍
Glad you had a fun and exciting race.
I should go back and do some more research on this race to determine which other stock cars are capable of winning, and if the magic lineup appears consistently in other vehicles. 💡

Smallhorses, looking down Wild Cobra's list tells me that the only other stock cars that seem to have any chance of winning 200 points here are the Ford F-150 Lightning, the Lexus IS200 (J), and two imitation Elises, the Hommel and the Speedster. At a stretch, the Tacoma or the Elan could conceivably eke out a win, but I doubt it. I tested three cars in Arcade Mode Time Trial with S1 tires, and found that the Alpine A110 is just far too slow (2'22), the Hommel is barely fast enough (2'18.5), and the F-150 probably devours tires far too quickly in spite of sub-2'17 lap times. The Speedster and the Elan are probably worth testing, too.

Last edited:
Does this take into account in the fact that there's the enormous drag factor of the AI drivers in all of the other cars, and finding this "Magic" lineup where there's no real hare in terms of the faster AI weapons?
Given that I was expecting a good close race in the Lancer, and yet won by over 3 laps (or a little over 7 minutes) leads me to thinking that there's something else out there that's capable.
The problem with testing in Arcade mode is that there's no tyre-wear factor and you can't underestimate the power of AI stupidity when it comes to worn tyres!!! :ouch:

I was basing my estimations on the assumption that the effect of the AI would be approximately constant in a different car, meaning that the amount by which lap times are slower is the only impact on finishing time. For example, I was two seconds per lap slower in the Hommel than in the Lancer that you used, so over the course of 202 laps (the number that the Chaser would complete), the finishing time would be about 400 seconds slower, or close to seven minutes, making the result extremely close. I can only assume that the Hommel would wear tires at a rate on par with that of the Elise or the Lancer, but again, that was only a brief test and was not meant to definitively conclude whether the cars could win. And yes, I was assuming that the same lineup that you used could be found in all cars, which isn't at all certain.

This is what a proper race report should look like ;] I'm pretty much convinced I could copy this comment and paste it to all of your reports and be sure it fits each of them perfectly :P

Musical Accompaniment:

David Gilmour - Live in Gdansk (Disc 2); Keane - Perfect Symmetry; Endorphin - Skin (Disc 1); Morrissey - Southpaw Grammar; (...)

I remember watching that concert from my room's window :)

Find a pair of Spoons on lap 191, good thing we're on a racetrack and not in Ireland or I'd be tempted to give you a tune with 'em!
Nick, not everyone in Ireland plays the spoons. I'm an example, and I'm pretty sure that guys like Shaggy Alonso and irnbrutwinturbo are also examples.

Nick, not everyone in Ireland plays the spoons. I'm an example, and I'm pretty sure that guys like Shaggy Alonso and irnbrutwinturbo are also examples.

:rolleyes:

A reference to the origin of spoon playing, not an implication of everyone in Ireland being proficient in spoon playing. :dopey:

From Wikipedia
Spoons can be played as a makeshift percussion instrument, or more specifically, an idiophone related to the castanets. In U.S. culture, "playing the spoons" originated in Ireland as "playing the bones," in which the convex sides of a pair of sheep rib bones were rattled in the same way.

;)

Back