2006 Morgan Aero 8 (Subtle changes, don't expect drastic overhaul)

• Thread starter Danny
  • 22 comments

Danny

Code Red
Premium
United Kingdom
Scarfolk
Grim10
Are you kidding?
21182.jpg

21184.jpg

21185.jpg

http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Morgan/2006/Aero_8/

Following its time honored tradition of continuous improvement rather than outright model change; Morgan updated its high performance, lightweight Aero 8 for 2006.

The most striking change is the restyled front, that bears more than a passing resemblance to the graceful lines of the AeroMax coupe that starred at the 2005 Salon de L’auto at Geneva. Now the all-aluminium super performer sports more traditional Morgan lines, whilst preserving its remarkable handling and performance.

The race proven bonded aluminium chassis and the coach-built body remain...a hallmark of all Morgans. Under the traditionally styled bonnet you will find the very latest version of the 4.4 V8 from BMW, incorporating their brilliant Vanos and Valvetronic control systems. Combining its 325 Bhp with the lightweight construction delivers a class busting 284 Bph/tonne adding up to a 0-62mph time of under 4.5 seconds and a top speed of over 160 Mph (256 Kph). Yet it also possesses the ability to come to a full stop, from 62 mph in just 35.8 metres, or put another way, less than 9 car lengths.

Bosch ABS, Electronic Brake Distribution and Drag Torque Control all combine to maximise balance and poise without over compensating for driver involvement, leading to a unique driving experience delivering safety, high performance and a highly involving driving experience.

The range of standard equipment has been further improved, with the addition of Driver and Passenger Airbags, ABS, cruise control, remote central locking, remote tyre pressure monitoring, headlight wash and an optional lightweight hard top.

Specifications
General Information
Vehicle Type:
2-door convertible,
production car
Price:
Unavailable
Fuel Mileage:
Unavailable
Drivetrain
Configuration:
Front Engine/RWD
Engine:
V8
Displacement:
4398 cc
Horsepower:
325 bhp @ 6100 rpm
Torque:
330 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm
Max RPM:
Unavailable
Transmission:
6-Speed Manual
Dimensions
Weight:
2500 lbs
Height:
Unavailable
Length:
Unavailable
Width:
Unavailable
Wheelbase:
Unavailable
Track (f/r):
Unavailable
Performance
0-60 mph:
4.5 sec
0-100 mph:
Unavailable
¼ mile:
Unavailable
Top Speed:
160 mph
Lateral acceleration:
Unavailable
Braking 60-0 mph:
Unavailable

I preferred it pre-facelift. I think it looks squashed where the older version looked smooth and flowing. And has the power gone down? I could have sworn the BMW engine used to give out 333 horsepower.

I'll take either thanks. I don't mind the front.

I'm quite a big fan of theses Morgans. I've got a soft spot for old cars, ao to have the styling and class of an older car with all the functionality and perks of new car sounds like bliss.

I like the interior, although I'm not sure what's up with the blueish/purplish tinge on the dash board. Can I have silver, or more wood?

The gear nob just looks out of place in the interior. I don't think I'd ever even consider a morgan but they are nice cars.

The front end looks a little 'busy' in its styling.

eOther wise it looks fairly decent. Wonder if they sorted out the sliding-window security that Hammond noticed :lol:

It looks like they keep piling more stuff on the back end... very odd looking.

live4speed
Eh, since when was a 4.4 liter V8 not big enough?

Its not that it isnt big enough, but in the words of Captian Kirk, "I need more power!"

I can't help that I'm American...

Meh... I like the old one better.
The new evolution of the Aero 8 looks too cluttered. Also, I think it needs to be lowered an inch or two... The wheel arches look much too high.

Reminds me of their version of the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile, only for the male sex organ. :lol:

Not a huge fan, although i'd prolly give it a second glance if I saw it driving down the street.

I see they've added the Mini headlights across themodel range. Now sell the Aeromax and you've got yourself a buyer right here. That car is badass.

YSSMAN
Its not that it isnt big enough, but in the words of Captian Kirk, "I need more power!"

I can't help that I'm American...
:lol: No you can't, but that was Scotty ;).

exigeracer
I see they've added the Mini headlights across themodel range. Now sell the Aeromax and you've got yourself a buyer right here. That car is badass.

Actually, there's a good point there.

The Aeromax seemed to be a preview of the changes

270.jpg

So maybe the Aeromax will be sold, or it could hint at a coupe version...

I don't understand the door handle so low... Even I would have to bend down to open the door.

The Aeromax was almost planned for small-scale production when it was released for that Swiss baron or whoever he was. It had the restyling that was expected to reach across the rest of the line by now. I do believe they already have a fair number of names down for the Aeromax.

Is it me or are those the new facelift mini headlights??.... they look really similar!!! As for the re-style it looks good..... a really amazing car, I remember seeing it at the morgan factory a while ago before it had been properly annouced and now it looks even better, I dont get why people didnt like the original lights.... made it interesting!

Latest Posts

Back