2007 BMW M3 spyshots at Nurburing

• Thread starter BMWteamPTG
  • 19 comments
A new version of one of the world’s best-selling high-performance car is preparing for action. The very first spy photos of the all-new BMW M3 Coupe were revealed only one week ago. And now, the car was caught testing at the German Nurburgring and the saloon in northern Sweden.

The next-generation M3 is the first V8-engined 3-Series, and offers 400 bhp - so expect it to race from 0-60 mph in a fraction over five seconds, and go on to a limited top speed of 155 mph. Power will be fed to the rear wheels via a six speed manual gearbox or the latest SMG sequential manual, possibly with seven ratios.

The new car should maintain the M3’s reputation for outstanding handling. The V8 will be more compact than the current in-line six cylinder model, while a longer wheelbase will help with weight distribution. Externally, the car takes many cues from the M5, with twin-exit exhausts, front wing vents and discreet ’M’ badges, while the look of the all-new 3-Series means an aggressive nose and deeply sculpted flanks.

Expect to see the M3 in showrooms at the end of 2006. It will come in saloon, coupe, cabrio and estate guise.

BMW_M3w.jpg

BMW_M3_2006_1_w.jpg

BMW_M3_2006_2_w.jpg

BMW_M3_2006_3_w.jpg

beautiful...

BMWteamPTG
so expect it to race from 0-60 mph in a fraction over five seconds

I seriously hope not -- the E36 ///M3 was that fast. :indiff:

I'm not saying the M3, or any other car, should just keep on getting faster, and faster, and faster, and faster...(when will it end?)...but with a 400hp V8, you'd think they'd be able to do more. :indiff:

*McLaren*
I love the headlights' mean look, really hope that stays.
The headlights are like that because they are disguised with tape - the same as the rear. I will say they do look very cool though! Perhaps some aftermarket eye-lids can achieve the same effect. :dopey:

Overall, very nice. I'll always love a V8, but I think it will be sad to see the NA I6 go. That sure was one hell of an engine!

The disguises they use on the car make it look like some thrashed out peice of junk, the coupe looks better in these pictures to me than other pictures I've seen.

Well we can only pray that BMW leaves it....but...they won't..

they'll throw blue stripes on it..paint it silver...make it wide..and put a ginormous spoiler....

throw on a turbo pushing .5 PSI....
and call it the next porsche killer

wow..that was a tangent

joseph dobson
now this car loks mean, if the normal M3 has 300bhp, what will the CSL produce? and i no that there is going to be a M3 CSL! :dopey:

The 'normal' M3 will make a little over 400 hp, perhaps up tp 410. No idea on the eventual M3 CSL, though I suspect 420-430 will be easy.

M

///M-Spec
The 'normal' M3 will make a little over 400 hp, perhaps up tp 410. No idea on the eventual M3 CSL, though I suspect 420-430 will be easy.

M
id suspect there to be more than 430. i was thinking more along the lines of 450. that sounds more like a CSL...

cant wait

I'm just going by what I've been hearing, but the V-8 looks to be either 4.0 or 4.4 Liters, and at least 410, if not 420 Hp (just to snub Audi's RS4).

I like the looks a lot, it fits the kookiness that a BMW should have nicely.

Can't wait to see every magazine in the world take em out and proclaim them the "new king of powersliding" like the last one was.

*McLaren*
I love the headlights' mean look, really hope that stays.

I'm liking them as well :D

Rear-end doesn't look half bad aswell! Not really a fan of the current 3 series model but if this stays like it is then that'll be very nice!! 👍

Its got to be slower than the M5 and its basically a M5 engine but with two cylinders chopped off. Meant to be more compact engine than the old M3 one aswell.

Here are the renderings in the GermanCarFans link that Carl. posted:

6060330002mini5l3uu.jpg

6060330002mini11l0ug.jpg

I've always liked the amber "V" in the E90's headlights though, and it looks a little weird to have them whited-out (in typical M fashion)... :lol:

Back