YSSMAN

Super-Cool Since 2013
Premium
United States
GR-MI-USA
YSSMAN
YSSMAN
Leftlanenews.com
The spy photographers at KGP Photography caught a glimpse of the new 2007 Ford Super Duty in testing. Not terribly exciting, especially if you were a fan of the F-250 Super Chief Concept. Perhaps the most interesting highlight is that a 350 horsepower V8 diesel is in the works for the truck. The car will likely be unveiled official later this year.

07.ford.sd.f34.500.jpg

Well, atleast the truck looks MORE masculine. I can't say the same for the new GMT900 trucks (havent seen them yet of course). The 350 HP diesel will be nice, and I wonder what the torque figures have been kicked up to. Last I checked, GM was beating the Ford diesels by just a few lb-ft, both of which were spanking the Cummins-powered Dodges. Meh, we will see what happens.

Looks like a damn freightliner. Actually, F-liners look better, but, they could've raised the headlights a little bit to make the ford look better.

I fear for any small car that happens to be idling in traffic in front of one of these behemoths – it might get sucked into the grille. You could assemble an entire entomology collection in 5 minutes with this damn thing.

I think we'll be able to play a game of bocce in the bed of the F-350.

Big mirrors, dumb headlights.

And I'm sure the people that buy these will actually make use of the increased load capacity that comes with having dualies out the back? :rolleyes:

Personifies American cars, IMO.

a6m5
That "Blue Oval" emblem is size of a small child's head.
And strategically placed so the kids head bounces off and doesn't get stuck in the grille !...

Poverty
This cars ugly. Thank the lord these ugly beasts dont grace our UK shores. :lol:
With a capital U, if your into your trucks though, I can see the appeal.

Looks like they copied and pasted the top section of the truck back on in a higher spot. Somethings odd about it, actually, too many things, and personally, I don't like it. Rather go buy Dodge.

In my mind, there will only be one true Super Cheif...

300px-Super_Chief.jpg

And those engines were made by G.M.

ferrari_chris
And I'm sure the people that buy these will actually make use of the increased load capacity that comes with having dualies out the back? :rolleyes:

Seriously...I have never seen a dualie-equipped, massive pickup truck on the road that is dirty, or has a load in the bed. :lol:

Meanwhile, my friend's stepdad uses his old, beat-up, "puny" V6 Ford Ranger to do all kinds of dirty work...

Yep, its an American truck and its predictably yuck. Why does it look incredibly dated though? It looks like its from the mid-nineties. My god the taste in pickups must be conservative in the US. "We want it disturbingly, overly macho, lots of shiny grill straight outta the 50s and the cheapest interior you got! With a huge engine!"

"Fries with that?"
"Damn right! Fill up the tray!"

Its hideous.

Hideous doesn't even begin to describe how mind-numbingly ugly the front of this truck is. Ironically, I think the front is the only thing that's changed cosmetically, or at least that appears to be the case.

Yeah, I think this is the third re-design the F-250+ series trucks in the past few years. Before, they were insprired by the F-250 Tonka Concept, which I will admit looked good, but this may be a bit too much.

Wow, I don't like the look at all. I thought Ford did a decent job with the F-150, but I can't say the same for this one. I hope this truck is used for work only, but I can see some people driving it to places like a daily driver.

crimson_menace
Wow.:drool:

That grille is gynormous. It's ugly, but who needs looks when you got numbers like that?

:shrugs: :odd: Umm.. you'll need a lot more than those numbers to do anything and by that time you'll be spending a lot of these numbers --> $ because of the ****ty ass MPG numbers... :dopey:

It's not pretty and it doesn't appeal to most people, especially the "Gran Turismo" crowds. But if you know the people who buys these Super Duty trucks, they might not go crazy over it, but they are not going to mind the design either. F-250's are truck of choice for a lot of professionals in construction, landscaping, utility services, etc.

a6m5
But if you know the people who buys these Super Duty trucks, they might not go crazy over it, but they are not going to mind the design either. F-250's are truck of choice for a lot of professionals in construction, landscaping, utility services, etc.

Thank you for getting the real point of this vehicle. It does matter what any of us think because we aren't the market segment of super duty trucks. Now if the F150 next year looks like this then that won't be an improvement...

Back