2008 Best Car Series: Deutschland! Nominieren! Schnell!

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 55 comments
  • 2,542 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the Insignia, but I will also vote for this:
C63 AMG
mercedes_c63_amg.jpg


Mercedes have finally got a sedan that's not a boat, and what a beast! Maybe I am a sucker for V8 sedans, but they are sooo cool. Not many cars can do all the things a V8 Sedan will. This one looks stunning to top it off.

Edit: Oh, there was a 2nd page, the C63 is out there already well now you know my choice.:sly:
 
Last edited:
I just had a thought as well...

How huge of an upset would it be if any of the Mercs pushed the Veyron or 911 out of the running for the top two spots?

One of the Bnez's should win all things considered. This still isn't a competition to find out the best super/hyper car, but rather just the best car.
 
One of the Bnez's should win all things considered. This still isn't a competition to find out the best super/hyper car, but rather just the best car.

That said, in terms of specification then there isn't one Merc listed so far that couldn't be classed as a supercar really. Am I right in thinking they all have more than 500bhp? And cost well more than £50k? Trying to separate them from supercars like they're "normal" is a bit rich methinks...
 
That said, in terms of specification then there isn't one Merc listed so far that couldn't be classed as a supercar really. Am I right in thinking they all have more than 500bhp? And cost well more than £50k? Trying to separate them from supercars like they're "normal" is a bit rich methinks...

The C63 AMG seems a bit down to earth in the grand scheme of things although I am unaware of the price overseas.
 
First time I've heard a V8 saloon described as down-to-earth!
 
First time I've heard a V8 saloon described as down-to-earth!

Well when compared with other nominations in this thread it is.
 
Well then the Scirocco, Insignia and Audi A4 must be positively underground then.
 
Well then the Scirocco, Insignia and Audi A4 must be positively underground then.

In terms of the other cars that have been mentioned they are. As I've said a car is not all about how fast it can go but rather how well it can do other thing as well. That's why I picked the Audi RS6 Avant. You can go fast but it also handles very well (per the Top Gear review) and has decent enough space that you can haul the family and their crap around with.

I do like the Scirocco and I'm pretty sure it will end up getting my vote when all is said and done.
 
No!!! There is just too many choices to make. BMW, Porsche, Merc, Audi, Gumpert, oh noes!!! :scared: But as a VW cult fan, I must stay true to my brand:

06-r32-f3q-a.jpg


I second the Scirocco. 👍
 
2070627.001.1M.jpg


BMW 123d. 2l twinturbo diesel, in a 3-door hatchback chassis = win. plenty of power and torque to move around, and the coupe version is practically new E30. I have to admit that the front end and side profile are questionable, but performance and economy, not to mention handling, are superb.
 
Nice choice, but I prefer the coupe 👍
 
Since ///M-Spec already nominated the M3, I nominate this:

135ipg7.jpg

The BMW 135i

Straight from the factory it's as quick as a 6-cylinder M3, and with a chip it can be even quicker. It's not exactly a family car, but its small size allows it to return nearly 30mpg. It's a driver's car first and foremost, a true BMW, and it costs just $35k, making it one of the best bang-for-your-buck deals around.
 
Since ///M-Spec already nominated the M3, I nominate this:

135ipg7.jpg

The BMW 135i

Straight from the factory it's as quick as a 6-cylinder M3, and with a chip it can be even quicker. It's not exactly a family car, but its small size allows it to return nearly 30mpg. It's a driver's car first and foremost, a true BMW, and it costs just $35k, making it one of the best bang-for-your-buck deals around.

Its not as fast as the E46 M3 stock, nearly but a remap it needs first imo. Its a heavy pig for a small car dont forget.

TBH Im not gonna nominate. There is not one german car out right now that stands head and shoulders over it competition. The german auto's are all so competitive.
 
I'll nominate the W204 C Class Mercedes.

Not because it's a fantastic car, (It's not.. it's outgunned by Audi and BMW) it's just putting Mercedes-Benz on a track where they can claim to engineer things. This is the car that they're calling "nothing less than a true mercedes-benz".

Maybe they are right. only time will tell.
 
Its not as fast as the E46 M3 stock, nearly but a remap it needs first imo. Its a heavy pig for a small car dont forget.
For its price and position in the market, it's close enough. Also, "6-cylinder M3" includes the E36, of course.
 
It's a driver's car first and foremost, a true BMW, and it costs just $35k, making it one of the best bang-for-your-buck deals around.
Boo!
 
*ahem*
Volkswagen GTI. I had to.

Oh so sorry. :O But I thought of nominatin the Golf VI, but it wasn't available yet. Besides, the R32 is just drop dead gorgeous..... :drool: (and more powerful as well :D)
 
You're doing it wrong.

This is what it's like.
997 GT2
37399920.jpg

You got my bet on this one, this is the ultimate 911 not the GT3
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back