2010 too hard

• Thread starter buggs1a
  • 48 comments
Better speed so my lap times are halfway decent.

Then yes. At least until the last few races of career mode when all the performance improvements have been unlocked, then the cars are finally equal "potential" speed wise.

Just got f1 2010 ps3 yesterday used. It's cool but waaaaay too hard.

I picked a 7 year career and lotus as ky team. I qualify 20 or worse and finish race 17 or worse. I use all aids.

My time for first race per lap is about 2:08-2:14. I've gone to engineer and quick car setup so top speed says fastest or very high. I've tried average too. None make any difference for me.

Im wanting to keep the game but don't know since I'm not going to be able to do much better unless the ai is tons slower or my car is tons faster.

Ideas? It's a cool game though for sure.

Stick with it and practice man. This game requires much diligence and patience to really get into it enough to be competitive, especially online. It's very different from most other racing / simulation games and takes time to really get used to. It took me about 4 seasons to finally get up to Expert level where I'm pulling in good lap times and competing with Legendary AI effectively. Very very fun now though, especially when you start shifting manually, you really feel the power and control of the car a LOT more

add me on PSN if you want to practice online or whatever

Might as well stick this post in here,

Thinking about buying F1 2010 since it's only about £17 now, do people think this is worth it or just wait for 2011 and pay the full wack on release or get Dirt 3?

I would buy f1 championship edition. It is most likely cheaper and a much better game physics wise. I purchased f1 2010 when it came out but sold it off. I still have f1 CE though since the ps3's launch.

just need to work on practice and set up. The game is challenging at first but you should be able to win every race in a Lotus on the hardest levels

Cept I can't get past like 20 th. Specially when the auto break sucks. It's way to slow.

Hehe at f1 ce. That's far too old. Years old.

Yaaay. I came in first in my second race in grand prix as vettle. 17 laps. Was first I think on lap 14 or 15. Race only so didn't have to qualify. Qualify did put me in third and I never lost third.

Hamilton was first. Webber second,, me third and alonso 4th. Race started and I got to second by the first turn. Held it till Hamilton pitted on lap 12 or so. Then I was first till I pitted on lap 13 or 14. Came out of pit in third behind alonso in second and Hamilton first. Got to second and passed Hamilton on lap 15 I think then won.

I started on prime than pitted and I assume the ai put option on.

I after my pit I got into second I did change engine to fast. I don't know what that is and does and I don't know if that helped.

^^ good job man :) it comes with time, but it's very rewarding after a nice battle and a long race haha. i would kill the auto-brake, whatever the hell that is is probably slowing you down. just nail the braking points from the driving line for now until you get more used to driving the car. then you can start shifting manually and getting a LOT more time out of it. the fast setting is just throttle mapping, so you're pretty much just going through your gears a bit faster. it helps off the line if you can use it properly :)

keep at it brother

Auto break breaks for you. You don't even have to take yer foot off the gas. It slows you down for corners and speeds up back to normal after the corner. And it sucks in my opinion. Slows me down way too much. But better then me breaking. I cant break. If I do then I'm looking at about 10 hrs practice on each track, at least 10 hrs.

What's the dang tranny scream in the engine sound? It really pisses me off. I get full of rage when it screams and I'm like shut the bleep up. I hate it so much it makes me not wanna play it ever again. It royally pisses me off!

F1 2010 is a really, really fun game. But you do have to work at it to place well, which I personally like. A game loses my attention fast when you win immediately and its just too easy. It was about 5-6 races into my first season before I started finishing well. First 2-3 races I finished dead last. I ended up winning the drivers championship for my first season once I got the hang of it.

My advice to you to get better 1) turn off the auto brake! You are not going to get any better with the AI doing the work for you. And as you pointed out, it probably doesn't brake right anyway. Turn that off and start to learn the braking points on your own. 2) Turn on the driving line, that'll really help give you an idea as to where you should be braking. But that line is just a guide. You'll start to notice that there are places where the driving line is red where you don't need to brake at all. Again, things you'll start to learn through running laps on your own without the AI braking for you. 3) if you had the auto brake on I'm assuming you don't have a wheel, but using a wheel will drop your lap times considerably. If a certain turn is best taken at a 17 degree steering angle for example, good luck holding that exact angle on a gamepad's thumbstick! Using a wheel will drop your lap times more than anything else. But again, if you had the auto brake on it's probably safe to assume that you don't use a wheel or intend on buying one. 4) turn off the tire degradation in the game. That basically means your tires will perform like they're brand new no matter what you do to them. You'll still have to pit to change tires during the race, but they'll be at peak performance the whole time rather than degrading during the race which gives less and less traction as the race progresses.

Anyway, hope some of that helps! Definitely don't give up, F1 2010 is a really fun game once you've got the hang of it!

So what's with the tranny scream I mentioned in my previous post?
Buggs1a is my psn name if some would add me and try online with me please. I'd really love that.

Thanks.

Where is tire degradation setting?

I kind of like the engine noise in this game. Like a high pitched drone or something. You can find the option to turn on tire degradation in the paddock. Go to the race menu and then scroll down to options and there you will find that and all the other stuff you can turn on/off. Next time I am online I will send you a friend request. I am new to this game too and I'd like to race online more often in this game.

I just had an incredible race, which was difficult but so satisfying. I raced 50% race at interlagos WITHOUT fuel simulations, but WITH tire degradation. Wow, so intense and realistic I loved it! Highest AI setting and a Ferrari.

Love IT!

Just got f1 2010 ps3 yesterday used. It's cool but waaaaay too hard.

I picked a 7 year career and lotus as ky team. I qualify 20 or worse and finish race 17 or worse. I use all aids.

My time for first race per lap is about 2:08-2:14. I've gone to engineer and quick car setup so top speed says fastest or very high. I've tried average too. None make any difference for me.

Im wanting to keep the game but don't know since I'm not going to be able to do much better unless the ai is tons slower or my car is tons faster.

Ideas? It's a cool game though for sure.

Do you use a wheel? I actually just got F1 2010 on the PS3 (got it in the mail today a few hours ago) and I drive with a DFGT. Not trying to boast here, but in the Virgin, aids off except for driving line and AI on legend I managed a 8th place race finish from 18th on the grid in a 10 lap Bahrain race season opener, in my very first go with the game. Qualifying time around 2.01.500, race laps in 2.02.xxx. Quick Setup 1 from the right (Dry setup, but not the one with everything on max). Also, I changed the strategy to start on primes and pit for options on lap 7 rather than the recommended strategy of starting on options

I actually find the AI a bit slow even on Legend, but perhaps it's because I am very aggressive through the very twisty section in Bahrain where the AI cars seem to slow down a lot. Also it seems pretty easy, in the Virgin, to overtake cars aroud the outside of Turn 1, which is weird since my top speed never gets above 285 kph, so are the brakes on that car that great? I wouldn't expect it to have that much traction either. Let's see in the other races if my Virgin is where it should be ;)

What is you guys' experience, are there tracks where the AI seems faster/slower than they are on others?

All in all F1 2010 seems like a great game, must say that this one race I did already was quite thrilling. Once again a confirmation for me that altough GT5 is a great driving simulation, it is not a racing simulation. I mean, for example in the Seasonals all you ever do is coming from the back of the field, lap a few secs faster than the other cars each lap do, and then snatch victory right before the end. It is more like the other cars are driving chicanes than that you are having a proper racing battle at your hands.

Some advice, the fastest engineer setup is always the lowest downforce one. Always without fail, even in the rain.

If you turn off tyre simulation and/or fuel simulation you will gain ridiculous ammounts of speed.

Back