2011-2012 English Football League Promotion/Relegation

• Thread starter Famine
  • 144 comments
I'm a closet Shrews fan (and that's not a reference to their former ground).

It is now, you defended this far too quickly. You love carefree happiness in open fields. Hehe.

:lol:

Ancestry - my maternal side is all Shrewsbury.

Well many members of my family were born there, including myself.

I'm not really an avid Shrews supporter, but I do want them to do well in whatever league they find themselves in.

Oh yes, in my fuming at us missing out on promotion I neglected to mention, the race for the football league stands thus:

York City vs. Luton Town

I want Luton to go up. I want them out of this league and out of my sight forever and ever. We can handle York. And we haven't lost to Luton in the league in a long time, but we can't handle them in the play-offs...

Incidentally, York won the FA Trophy today.

MK Dons make it to the playoffs for the fourth year in a row and are knocked out in the semi-finals for the fourth year in a row.

I'm in two minds now. I'd quite like the Pigs to join us - Sheffield doing to L1 what Manchester did to the Premier League - but part of me wants them to fail miserably because it'd be funny and because their season was built on a rapist banging in the goals. But then I want Huddersfield to fail so that Jordan Rhodes looks for some new clubs, like a big, blue-and-white striped team looking to hit the BPL in 2013...

Couldn't Huddersfield go up and Wednesday still buy Rhodes, or would he end up staying because he would be in the Championship anyway?

Mind you, I think the Blades will end up winning it anyway. They'll struggle without a goalscorer next year though.

MK Dons make it to the playoffs for the fourth year in a row and are knocked out in the semi-finals for the fourth year in a row.

I'm in two minds now. I'd quite like the Pigs to join us - Sheffield doing to L1 what Manchester did to the Premier League - but part of me wants them to fail miserably because it'd be funny and because their season was built on a rapist banging in the goals. But then I want Huddersfield to fail so that Jordan Rhodes looks for some new clubs, like a big, blue-and-white striped team looking to hit the BPL in 2013...

3p96ff.jpg

I think we could get Rhodes with the right money, that and we're more likely to get into the Premier League.

I'd like to see United stay down in League 1 or lower, for at least a couple of seasons while their finances spiral out of control and end up on the brink of administration as we get automatic promotion in to Premier League.

One can dream...

West Ham United win the richest match in world sport and are promoted back to the Premier League.

Oh yes, in my fuming at us missing out on promotion I neglected to mention, the race for the football league stands thus:

York City vs. Luton Town

I want Luton to go up. I want them out of this league and out of my sight forever and ever. We can handle York. And we haven't lost to Luton in the league in a long time, but we can't handle them in the play-offs...

That went well then.

Woah, really? Danny Wilson was shot and has died? (Famine wishes!)

Heh, Huddersfield have done it. Credit must go to Lee Clarke. It was pretty shady how they shafted him in order to draft in Simon Grayson.

The shootout went to keepers...

Missed - Missed
Missed - Scored
Missed - Missed
Scored - Missed
Scored - Scored - 2-2, Sudden Death
Scored - Scored
Scored - Scored
Scored - Scored
Scored - Scored
Scored - Scored
Scored - Missed

22 man shootout :lol:

Simonsen's kick was aimed at supplying the ISS with sports equipment.

Never take a day out in Sheffield when you're a Town supporter.

Ever.

Thank God we had no Town stickers on the car, otherwise it'd be a long walk back to Hudds.

Well done to Town though, I thought they'd fluff it like they did last year. I'm not entirely sure if they'll stay up in the championship, though. We'll have to wait and see.

Back