2011 Hennessey Venom GT

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 340 comments
A question: To me in the pictures it looks like the car has been given a longer wheelbase. Is this correct? I for one would never, ever be willing to test those figures of speed in a chassis as small as an Exige. So I'm expecting they've made it both wider and longer.

You are correct. From earlier post...

Well, a lowered Lotus Exige widened by 12 inches, stretched by 18 inches, and powered by the awesome, supercharged LS9 V-8 that powers the brutal Chevrolet Corvette ZR1.

Again, I think the only thing carrying over from the Elise/Exige platform is the cabin. The front and rear clips are all new, given that it's wider, and longer. I don't want to call this a tuned Exige as much as a car that uses a few Lotus parts in it.

A lot of tuners do this kind of thing dont they? Brabus and RUF to name a couple... use a production car as a base and then create a whole new car underneath :) 👍 Hennessey is doing the same thing but then with a Lotus Exige.

💡 I live about 20 minutes from the Hennessey shop where they're headquartered. Maybe I'll head over there and see if they have any. I'll post some pictures for ya'll.:sly:👍 I'm interested in seeing it in person myself!

Again, I think the only thing carrying over from the Elise/Exige platform is the cabin. The front and rear clips are all new, given that it's wider, and longer. I don't want to call this a tuned Exige as much as a car that uses a few Lotus parts in it.

Reg plate check comes back as a lotus.....

Actually I think it looks pretty amazing, and the real thing looks like its concept artwork (which rarely happens) and I would be more than happy if Lotus took a similar design direction. The name is slightly stupid though, its like something someone would add on to the back of a chaved up Vauxhall Nova.

Robin.

💡 I live about 20 minutes from the Hennessey shop where they're headquartered. Maybe I'll head over there and see if they have any. I'll post some pictures for ya'll.:sly:👍 I'm interested in seeing it in person myself!

I went over there today, no Venom GT's!:grumpy: But on the bright side, there were a couple of 1000hp Ford GT's and Vipers for me to look at!:)

With his shady business practices aside, I think they need to ditch the elise clone look. It looks too much like and elise limo. The drive train seems solid though.

With his shady business practices aside, I think they need to ditch the elise clone look. It looks too much like and elise limo. The drive train seems solid though.

Why do you think that? Its probably built the same way that a Ruf is. With enough changes, Ruf becomes the manufacturer whether they use Porsche designs or not.

Last edited:
^^^ Just what Ive been waiting for, a vid showing it on the move! 👍 :drool:

Where the hell was that filmed? There are no pot holes...

Silverstone, part of it is the dual carriage way that goes from the A43 to the circuit main gate (and Force India F1).. the other part is less familiar.. so I'm guessing it's not the A43?

Yeah it's the 3 part carriage way, which has the various circuit entrances. The business park which it's made on is on one of the turnings.

Hennesssy Venom GT will now have Twin Turbo V8 from Corvette ZR1 instead of the Bi-turbo Viper V10, but will still have 1000 horsepower.

Dyno Test

Sorce: Autoblog

Back