2011 Hennessey Venom GT

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 340 comments
Your joke doesn't make any sense. I'm referring to John taking parts off his client cars to build engines for other cars.

How does that relate to Bugatti in anyway? Or insinuate that's something they should do if they want to go fast? It's already fast. Again, no sense. :confused:

:rolleyes: I know what you're referring to.

Clearly my joke went over your head... And no, Bugatti is not fast enough I'm afraid. Then again it never really was was it?

:rolleyes: I know what you're referring to.

Clearly my joke went over your head... And no, Bugatti is not fast enough I'm afraid. Then again it never really was was it?
Then explain it because again, it has zero relevance to Bugatti & doesn't make any sense to imply them to theft.

And the Super Sport isn't fast enough? Mkay. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone is denying the Bugatti would be easier to drive.

This has absolutely nothign to do with the matter.

I cannot understand for the life of me why people are argueing about these two cars this much. They were both created for a single purpose, which is the highest achievable topspeed. It does not matter how comfortable you reach it, or how nice the interior is. In the end nothing about these cars matter, but the topspeed they actually post. And the fact is that the Venom GT is simply the fastest car. I don't care if Guiness accepts it or not, the data that was measured speaks for itself. If some random Bugatti bloke "claims" he went 280mph, then it matters absolutely nothing until the actual measured data confirms that speed.

I cannot understand for the life of me why people are argueing about these two cars this much. They were both created for a single purpose, which is the highest achievable topspeed. It does not matter how comfortable you reach it, or how nice the interior is. In the end nothing about these cars matter, but the topspeed they actually post. And the fact is that the Venom GT is simply the fastest car. I don't care if Guiness accepts it or not, the data that was measured speaks for itself. If some random Bugatti bloke "claims" he went 280mph, then it matters absolutely nothing until the actual measured data confirms that speed.
It should be noted that the Venom GT's top speed is not recognised by Guinness world records, as it was achieved in only one run, not the two runs in opposite directions that resulted in the Veyron SS's top speed. In addition, it doesn't count as a production car under their rules, as at least 30 must be built, not the 29 that Hennessey will build. In addition, the Venom GT is only 0.2 % faster than the Veyron SS, a gap which could easily be due to weather, wind, or track conditions.

So, in my eyes, they're equal, but very different. The Venom can actually handle, while the Veyron is no sports car, though the SS model will pull decent numbers. Both are incredibly fast, but the Veyron is far, far more refined. It's big and heavy, but it has a lot less drama and is fairly comfortable. If I had to own one, I'd choose the Veyron. It's not as good to drive hard, but it's a far more advanced piece of engineering and I'd rather have AWD with that kind of power.

Actually, in the end, top speed was one of 3 main objectives that had to happen for Piech to green light it.

So no, top speed is not the only thing that matters. It's reliability & ease to drive do as well. If all they cared about was top speed, they would have done what Hennessey did.

The Veyron is a technical marvel. The Venom is an idea done numerous times before it, with a production title attached to it.

Then explain it because again, it has zero relevance to Bugatti & doesn't make any sense to imply them to theft.

And the Super Sport isn't fast enough? Mkay. :rolleyes:

Gee, I guess I can't explain it slow enough for you...:lol:

No it's not! Stop being ridiculous please...If the idea is have the record, and faster cars come along... No it's not fast enough. The Bugatti is nothing without it's record. Take that away from it and it's just another production car.

(yes I realize they still have the record now)

Who are you arguing with I agree with you? I said it's easier to appease the people trying to say the Venom GT was undrivable because James May has not driven it yet. I agree it has little to do with the facts here.

Gee, I guess I can't explain it slow enough for you...:lol:
You haven't tried to explain it once. :odd:

And it's bc you can't explain it at all to start. You tried to jump in on a joke & now you're that guy that everyone awkwardly pauses around bc you don't get it.

No it's not! Stop being ridiculous please...If the idea is have the record, and faster cars come along... No it's not fast enough. The Bugatti is nothing without it's record. Take that away from it and it's just another production car.
What a stupid argument. The idea was to claim the record in a reliable, usable super car...in 2003. There's only so far Bugatti can take this car anymore because the basic design has not changed.

Obviously over time, other cars will steal the record & the Hennessey will be surpassed as well. But given your logic, 270mph isn't fast enough either.

And it's not another production car. Even if the original 250mph was as fast as it could go, everything about how it does it makes it a technical marvel that no manufacturer will likely ever attempt anytime soon. The sheer fact everyone likes to use the Veyron as a benchmark shows it has cemented itself in history. The Venom will not.

You haven't tried to explain it once. :odd:

And it's bc you can't explain it at all to start. You tried to jump in on a joke & now you're that guy that everyone awkwardly pauses around bc you don't get it.

What a stupid argument. The idea was to claim the record in a reliable, usable super car...in 2003. There's only so far Bugatti can take this car anymore because the basic design has not changed.

Obviously over time, other cars will steal the record & the Hennessey will be surpassed as well. But given your logic, 270mph isn't fast enough either.

And it's not another production car. Even if the original 250mph was as fast as it could go, everything about how it does it makes it a technical marvel that no manufacturer will likely ever attempt anytime soon. The sheer fact everyone likes to use the Veyron as a benchmark shows it has cemented itself in history. The Venom will not.

:rolleyes:

Yeah no, that's you. You missed my joke let it go..

The Bugatti original? Yeah because production numbers, not any other reason..Not the first, not the best but we already know this.

All you want to do is argue about a joke you didn't get and tell lies about the Bugatti. You're a funny used car salesman but I'm not buying all that crap from your brochure.:P

It's obvious you're typing out of your ass now. Nothing you've posted actually addresses anything. Just attempts at posting cute remarks bc you think you're hilarious like the 12 year old you most likely are.

I asked you to explain the joke & you instead post like a smart ass. Lies? What lie did I tell? The Veyron can lose its record now bc it's already become an iconic car. I don't see people forgetting the F1 when it lost the title & the Bugatti will follow suit.

No one here is going to take you serious if this is how you contribute.

Sure, whatever you say. Seem's it's what you did actually but I totally get the oh oh oh if I claim this first internet attitude you're using.:lol:

Keep the insults up, sooo mature. But I'm 12 right?:rolleyes:

It should be noted that the Venom GT's top speed is not recognised by Guinness world records, as it was achieved in only one run, not the two runs in opposite directions that resulted in the Veyron SS's top speed. In addition, it doesn't count as a production car under their rules, as at least 30 must be built, not the 29 that Hennessey will build. In addition, the Venom GT is only 0.2 % faster than the Veyron SS, a gap which could easily be due to weather, wind, or track conditions.
The Venom didn't have enough track to reach it's full potential.
The Veyron is a technical marvel.
Indeed, a marvel of utter inefficiency.

Instead of following the old formula of 'powerful engine + light car',
they went with 'heavy car + ridiculously powerful engine'.
It's like they built it, just because. yolo, we gats teh monay anyway.

It's just so dumb, in my opinion.

They designed it to go very fast. The reason it's heavy is because at high speeds, weight is almost irrelevant. Aerodynamics are much more important. The Venom may not have had enough track, but it's still a tuner special in my eyes. Built by a tuner company using a Lotus based chassis and a GM engine. The Veyron is totally bespoke. The other cool thing about the Veyron is that it was built from the dream of one brilliant man, Ferdinand Piech. Hennessey is a tuner, Piech is an engineer.

Sure, whatever you say. Seem's it's what you did actually but I totally get the oh oh oh if I claim this first internet attitude you're using.:lol:

Keep the insults up, sooo mature. But I'm 12 right?:rolleyes:
That's really making you look mature. Someone's unable to prove his point, and it's not McLaren.

Last edited:

Glad opinion is all it is based on and not some supposed knowledge of what engineering is, because as much as I hate the Veyron, the engineering is an actual marvel that wont ever be achieved by the Venom in it's current state.

Still making no sense. Maybe 12 was being optimistic.

I know you're not!👎

Insulting someone you think is 12, what a dull toll you must be! How immature of you. Then to just keep posting insults for no reason other than showing you have nothing better to do...

Dude, grow up already.:sly:

I know you're not!👎

Insulting someone you think is 12, what a dull toll you must be! How immature of you. Then to just keep posting insults for no reason other than showing you have nothing better to do...

Dude, grow up already.:sly:
The irony isn't astounding.

Did you not see that line?
Do you know what that phrase means?

You tell me to grow up & stop with the insults, then insult me back. Practice what you preach.

I took the high road three times and you kept at it...

Sorry it does not work that way pal, you don't get to keep insulting someone then say, oh oh oh practice what you preach. Funny internet logic though.:lol:

--------------------

The VenomGT by all accounts from those who have driven both is the better car. It's not a full production car, but it's a better car. I would guess anyone this thread saying otherwise has driven neither.:rolleyes:

Further more production based cars have been going 250 plus for years. The Bugatti is nothing new other than being a official production car.

The VenomGT by all accounts from those who have driven both is the better car. It's not a full production car, but it's a better car. I would guess anyone this thread saying otherwise has driven neither.:rolleyes:

Further more production based cars have been going 250 plus for years. The Bugatti is nothing new other than being a official production car.
Better is a very vague term. I don't think either one is definitively better, which is why this argument is happening.

Really? So when did the world see the first street legal, and reliable 250 mph car? It takes a lot of power, aero, and suspension tuning to do speeds like that, not to mention the insane forces put on the tyres.

Post some sources then.

And you haven't driven either as well so who are you again?
Recall another 1000hp car that's usable, easy for anyone to drive, & comes with a factory warranty prior to the Veyron.

Oooh. Now the last page makes complete sense.
How many people have actually tested the Venom GT? I've found this Evo review, where the closest it actually comes to comparing the two is saying this:
No, the Venom GT doesn’t have the refinement and accessibility of a Veyron, but for many people – myself included – that painstakingly engineered aloofness and disdain for hypercar theatrics is the Bug’s biggest weakness
Which is hardly anything resembling "by all accounts from those who have driven both is the better car." Certainly not with Hennessey's history of the cars he provides for magazine tests (themselves being no gold standards) being much better than the ones he bothers to get around to making for the people that pay him.

Everything else seems to be people on blogs regurgitating Hennessey's press release and building on that.

And yet no virtually no one knows about the Callaway Sledgehammer, or even the Dauer 962 (despite the latter's fame as a race car and actually having something more closely resembling serial production than hacking apart Lotus Elises), so there's clearly something involved that made the Veyron a seemingly greater accomplishment to make people take notice. People similarly still lust after Koenigseggs even though that brand's period of time at the top of the heap was extremely short lived.
That sort of admiration is something that certainly can't be said that people hold for any of those SSC monstrosities (which, for all their initial problems, were actually production cars), so why would it apply to this? If I throw that same engine back in the Corvette it came out of and it goes 280, what happens to the Venom then?

Last edited:
Oooh. Now the last page makes complete sense.

And yet no virtually no one knows about the Callaway Sledgehammer, or even the Dauer 962 (despite the latter's fame as a race car and actually having something more closely resembling serial production than hacking apart Lotus Elises), so there's clearly something involved that made the Veyron a seemingly greater accomplishment to make people take notice. People similarly still lust after Koenigseggs even though that brand's period of time at the top of the heap was extremely short lived.
That sort of admiration is something that certainly can't be said that people hold for any of those SSC monstrosities (which, for all their initial problems, were actually production cars), so why would it apply to this? If I throw that same engine back in the Corvette it came out of and it goes 280, what happens to the Venom then?

Nail on head for the edited version.

The three best reviews I've found are EVO, Jay Leno and IDrive? Take them for what you will.:indiff:

-----

You know I'm 100% for that last statement right? I'm not a Hennessey Fan! I'm a fan of what the car did, that's it.

Back