2012-2013 English Football League Promotion/Relegation

• Thread starter Famine
  • 79 comments
The other League one playoff semi is great!...its 3-3 between Brentford and Swindon, 4-4 on aggregate, extra time being played...

So thats extra time still 3-3 and 4-4 on agg...to penalties its goes..

Well done Brentford, into the play-off final after a great shootout, a lot of great spot kicks.

Either Brentford or Yeovil will be in the Championship next season.

Mad.

No, sugar daddy owners spending millions of pounds at non-league level helped them.

Always wanted to do that. If I was a billionaire to buy a non league side and do something like championship manager. Taking them all the way to the top and being loved by the fans. :)

Or you could sugar daddy a club, win a record seven League of Wales titles, get bored, pull the plug and the club goes bust. Twice. That's the Barry Town story.

Or, you could sugar daddy a club and threaten to pull the plug. Oxford and Derby know this all too well thanks to a Mr. Ian Robert Maxwell. And clubs like Middlesborough and Bristol City would be nowhere without the resources and patience of Steve Gibson and Steve Lansdown respectively.

Or, you could sugar daddy a team, get bored, sack your manager and hire three more managers within twelve months. That's the Wolverhampton Wanderers story.

Or, you could sugar daddy a team, spend way too much on a bunch of mercenaries, sack the man who got you promoted, sack his successor, then hire a crook. That's the Big Book Of Queen's Park Rangers.

Or, you could sugar daddy a team, do well and still sack the manager. But replace him with someone who doesn't do that badly. That's the legend of Southampton FC.

Or, you could sugar daddy a team, secure the club's assets against the bank you also own, and then cry when that bank goes bust and the debtors come knocking, saying that they're taking over your stadium as collateral. That's how Heart of Midlothian have had it this year.

Being a sugar daddy isn't easy. For every Chelsea and Manchester City, there's an equal and opposite Gretna.

Leicester take a 1-0 advantage to Watford after their decent display tonight. Watford are good at home though and 1-0 is a slender margin against the 2nd top scorers of the league.

The Albion take on arch rivals Crystal Palace tomorrow at Palace so expect fireworks in this tie.

Well done to Crystal Palace last night, 2 goals from Zaha put them in the playoff final! 👍

Yes indeed!

And its not looking good for them either, 1-0 down about 10 mins till half time and its been all Arsenal...Wigan yet to get a shot on goal...

1-1!!

Last edited:
Good.

Cup heroes they may be, but they have been woefully inconsistent for seven loooooong years.

We can still get third ,but let's just focus on beating Newcastle,sad to see Wigan go.Hope they get back soon

It's going to be a nail biter on the weekend with Spurs and Arsenal, although to be honest, I'd actually prefer Arsenal to be in the Europa League as at least they might get passed the QF in that comp.

So two playoff finals are on this weekend then, League 2 playoff between Bardford and Northampton is tomorrow and the League 1 playoff between Brentford and Yeovil is on Sunday...best of luck to all four teams! 👍

Just watching the Bradford v Northampton game, better quality than i was expecting. Hang on, Bradford just scored, 15mins.

Just watching the Bradford v Northampton game, better quality than i was expecting. Hang on, Bradford just scored, 15mins.

Last time I looked 2-0 Bradford and they were tearing them up all over the pitch.

Actually its 3-0 at half time and Bradford have been ripping it up!

Congratulations Bradford!!

Last edited:
Congratulations Bradford! They deserved it for me because of that amazing cup run.

Back