2012 F1 Mechanics: designs and pieces that will win WDC & WCC

Yeah, the rear's still slightly ahead of every one else. Ferrari's new rear give them extra umph after testing in Mugello but they probably need another race, or not Monaco, to show the new full potential.

But also remember that during the race Perez starting where he did and with no one paying him much mind because he was fighting through the back; he did set very very quick times consistently so it's a shame his Maldanado'd suspension cracked in Q1... lost opportunity of the race along with Schumi's penalty.

i get the sense that red bull are still slightly ahead of the field. in many of the races this year they have shown great race pace (sometimes the fastest there), but are lacking it in quili. In the races where they have got Saturday sorted and got pole, they have won. simple as that really.

we know that neither driver will beat Alonso or Hamilton in a straight fight.

So I don't see why the Sauber shouldn't be able to win this year the car has the potential.

He doesn't have the car. Not unless everyone falls off the circuit first.

I see you agree now PM, at least on F1 Fanatic, but I must be fair and say that you think Perez will be the driver to make it happen if it does.

I agree now because I have seen a Sauber put in a decent performance in the dry.

However, the vote is still out on Kobayashi.

I agree now because I have seen a Sauber put in a decent performance in the dry.

However, the vote is still out on Kobayashi.

That's basically what I meant, and somewhat said especially toward the Kobayashi thing. At the moment most people favor Perez putting the car to work. My only worry is the Williams, which has had two bad weekends after one great weekend.

If the Williams could do a great run the Sauber should as well in my opinion.

The difference between Williams and Sauber is that Sauber have competent drivers. Williams should drop Senna for Bottas to get someone with actual potential, and keep Maldonado to ensure a steady stream of income.

I'm not going to argue the drivers at hand really, to be honest I'm seeing hit and miss driving from both at Williams but we have 13 rounds left to see what happens. I usually make judgement calls at the half way point, but this is about the car designs that are equally essential to win a WDC or end better than the prior year.

To be honest I saw similar design direction on both cars so far and some have changed from one car to the other. Like the break ducting solution that they had before any other teams. I think the wing that Williams went with this past weekend hurt them more than anything.

These are the kind of mishaps that don't win you a WDC. Another note, I'm even more worried that the almost b-spec version of the MGP W03 isn't as impressive as I and others would have wanted or thought.

Back