2013-2014 English Football League Promotion/Relegation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 103 comments
  • 9,528 views
Yup, I think Derby are favourites, but you never write off a Redknapp side.
 
Derby are in excellent form. QPR have sort of stumbled their way into the final with the remainder of their team of Diet Galacticos.

Should be an interesting final. I definitely want Derby to win.
 
So:

Derby County vs Queens Park Rangers
Leyton Orient vs Rotherham United
Fleetwood Town vs Burton Albion
---
Cambridge United vs Gateshead
 
I was hoping Southend would claw back their deficit - every other league's playoff finals are between the 1st and 2nd ranked teams in the playoffs and Burton, a lowly 3rd, have upset it.

Would have been a good trivia question :D
 
It's boring when the 1st placed play-off team wins. But equally, play-offs can be so frustrating. I'm on the fence as to their purpose; to make play-offs interesting, go Scottish / Dutch / German. Include someone from the above relegation zone in the play-offs. Two from each. Fight for your place.
 
Welcome back to the Football League, Cambridge United!
 
Twice losing finalists, too. Good for them.

Two of my least favourite opposition teams in the Conference have been promoted this year. Wonderful!
 
Well done to Cambridge!
 
QPR promoted back to the Premiership with their only shot on target.
 
Welcome back to the Championship, Rotherham United - as they beat Leyton Orient 4-3 on penalties after extra time!
 
Rotherham United promoted to Championship after winning 4-3 on penalties in the Playoff final v Orient, it was 2-2 after 120 minutes

Well done to Rotherham!
 
Fleetwood won promotion to League One after beating Burton 1-0 in the playoff final...
 
Weird. @MUSC4EVER and I both have post #100...
 
Weird. @MUSC4EVER and I both have post #100...

I wonder what'd happen if I reported it, not that I'm going to of course. :lol:

Regarding QPR, I was watching the game and I said I bet QPR score, it would be just like them to win with their only shot on target. One time I'd have liked to wrong but no it happened, now all the Redknapp loving will be invading the premiership coverage once again next year.
 
Screw Fl££twood. Conference enemies with a lovely sugar daddy.
 
Back