2013 GT Academy Nordic region

• Thread starter DanishDude
  • 37 comments
Denmark
Copenhagen
DanishDude
I thought I'd start a thread for us Scandinavians.

I will initiate the discussion with a question:

Whatever happened to the Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish GT site? It's not on the official region selector page: http://www.gran-turismo.com/

Does anyone no if we compete as a region or as seperate countries? I thought I read regionwise competition in the online agreement thing. But my regional leaderboard only lists times from my Danish countrymen...?

Have a good run! Cheers.

From this event there will be 4 from each country (Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway). Added to those 16 there will be 2 from each country that have qualified at a live event. Those 24 racers will do the national finals and compete for 6 spots at Race Camp in September.

Source

What kekke said. First you'll need to worry about fellow countrymen. Then your region. Then, if you make it, the world. Somehow reminds me of Race Driver 2.

Regarding you question, I don't remember if they gave a reason as to why they no longer have the site in our languages. Though I'd volunteer to do the translations to danish 👍

I would guess, PD took off the Scandinavian sites, because of lack of visitors... Though, here's the news post about it 👍.

Anyway, I won't be competing this year (because I'm only 16 - 17 soon :P). Though, I'll try next year, if Denmark's allowed entrance :D.

Heck, I'm only 17 too, so I can't be competing for the grand prize (though I turn 18 just after this is finished :grumpy:), but if for nothing else, then for bragging rights, experience, and extra content :dopey:

Rally, I can see we are quite close on the time at the time of this post.

I can tell that us Norwegians at least isnt on par with the rest of the world, being about a second off. I'm prancing around 10th at the moment, but aiming for at least 5th in my country. Still needs a bit of refining on some sectors before I can mabye nail that sub 2:20 lap. I find it amazing that some manages 2:17. It just seemes unreal for me to achieve that speed...

Have you found a serious racing lobby with a Norwegian host? Most of them can only drift :lol: I'm surprised to be 3rd in Norway atm. Won't be on for the next 10 days, so I expect to lose a few places.

From this event there will be 4 from each country (Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway). Added to those 16 there will be 2 from each country that have qualified at a live event. Those 24 racers will do the national finals and compete for 6 spots at Race Camp in September.

Source

Do you know where the live event will be in Falkenberg? Is it the exact same track/car from the online competition?

Heck, I'm only 17 too, so I can't be competing for the grand prize (though I turn 18 just after this is finished :grumpy:), but if for nothing else, then for bragging rights, experience, and extra content :dopey:

If the competition starts at the same date next year, as this year, I'll "legally" be allowed entrance, at the end :D.

I already know I won't be in the top... so, I might try anyway :P.

Maybe I should have driven and practiced more before GT Academy this year.
It's scary how rusty I have become aften haven't touched my wheel for just two months...

That settles it!! this track is such a disadvantage for us DS3-users (with standard button-assignments),that i´ll have to buy wheel and pedals -then perhaps i´ll be more competitive, at least next year. 15th in DK, first with DS3. But a 2.19.907 is almost 2 secs behind Cbastian and i can´t see too much improvement on my time. Well not for the next couple of weeks anyway as i`m going on holiday now. Btw am surprised to see so many good drivers from DK. Where were you all when i was best Dane on numerous of the last 20 TTs? Anyway: Good luck to all!!👍👍

Swe
When are the live events in Denmark,Norway,Finland? Any idea what car/track will be in the live event?

Absolutely no idea. And knowing Denmark as a country I'll likely never know. That shows how much we really care about finding the next Tom Kristensen. I literally only remember one time the news showed motorsport that wasn't Le Mans or F1-related (for the matter, Loeb winning Rally Spain in '08 or '09 iirc). On the other hand, they can't stop talking about grass-root football/soccer teams and players, and that some times go on for a week!

But, I know what car they'll use! A Nissan :sly:

Finally the Nordic show will be aired! First episode tonight 21:15 swedish time on Viasat Explorer, unfortunately I don't have the channel though... but hopefully uploaded to youtube :)

Hopefully it'll be up on the Nismo Channel soon. :D Though I wonder why it doesn't air on EuroSport as well, as they've had/have The Road to GT Academy, which actually also featured two Danes at Silverstone (I don't know who - and if - they are on :gtplanet:)... :confused:

I hope we'll start hearing about this. Does this mean we're not eligible to participate in any other similar event?

As I always want to learn how to be faster in a car, here I share the onboard footage from my qualification run, do you guys see anything I could have done different to be even faster? What I can see I have to practise following:
  1. Shift faster with the gearbox
  2. Learn heel and toe to avoid rear tyres loosing traction when downshifting
Anything more you want to be added?

Here is my qually run:

Well, congratulations on your final position @Filip_Ovik! :cheers: Now you need to teach me your secrets... :D
To be honest I don't have any secrets except for driving gt5 and a little bit with my volvo (had license for 1 year). I have also watched quite many youtube videos with cars but that's where i have got all my experience before silverstone. Almost forgot hiring gocarts sometimes with friends.

Back