2014 Facebook Challenge Question

• Thread starter Glacc3751
  • 44 comments
If I was that fast I would have qualified via the in-game challenge! :lol: But thanks for the compliment.

If you are going, we could make a convoy and meet on the A14 somewhere!

Well you were a good .2 faster than me in the time trial, so that's still a good bit faster than me. ;)

Though I don't think 2 cars counts as a convoy to be honest. :lol:

I was placed about 45th in the UK, but it was really buggy, didn't look like it even registered a score at times and didn't give it much thought but I've just got the same e-mail saying that I qualified... I ended up around 53rd in the online event, couldn't get a lap together but the speed was there to be in the top 25 at least... conundrum I have is that I'm from Jersey in the Channel Islands.... so I'm looking at about £500 in flights and hotels to make it over for this.... is it worth it or do I concentrate on improving for next year....hmmm....

Much to my surprise I got an invite for 14th from HPSJardine.

Def going to give it a go, just for the experience as don't expect to get through. Plus it's at least a day off work!!!

I'd only played on it a handful of times as preferred the GT6 event - hadn't really given the facebook one a second thought. Email was out of the blue, it made me check my rankings and finished 31st - much better than my ranking in GT6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, very surprised as well to get an e-mail today. Considering that the first e-mails seem to have been sent out a couple of weeks ago I am assuming that people have declined (due to travel costs/day off) have sent out additional e-mails to other entries.

I'd only tried the Facebook event one evening a while back when it first came out and didn't think much of it, and also found that it didn't seem to let me improve on my first time so didn't give it a second look. I have no idea where I came but I doubt it was one of the quicker times.

Anyway, giving some serious consideration about attending. I will have no chance of getting a good time but it would be a great experience and good GT6 practice, and I live less than an hour away from Silverstone.

Just a note about the organiser: I was also fortunate to win tickets for Goodwood via the GT6 competition and the details were sent through from Tom Bowers (although to a different e-mail address). Collected the tickets without any issue on Saturday from Goodwood so it all seems legit.

Last edited:
I got my email today, I was ranked 56th when the challenge ended. I know that the characteristics of the game changed massively and the scores posted by people who played the game from day 1 may have been discounted because they simply weren't achievable, guessing they made the car slower. I'm also guessing some may have been too young, don't have a driving license or weren't even from this country!

I haven't played GT since the 2013 Academy so I doubt I'll be competitive, I don't even have a gaming wheel anymore, but it's worth a go. Might not all be down to how well you play the video game, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

meh... probably you're right
It would have been fun to get a mail and going to the next round. They would'nt beleave me if I would stand there xp

Latest Posts

Back