2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
I'm shocked that Danica lost the fan vote. It almost makes me wonder if the reddit fans created scripts to stuff the ballot box for him.
I think they just kept spamming votes by themselves, if my little sneak peek to Redderp is to be trusted.

There was a whole website dedicated to livestreaming voting for Wise, with shifts and stuff :lol:, there's no way a community that big and that dedicated was going to lose

There was a whole website dedicated to livestreaming voting for Wise, with shifts and stuff :lol:, there's no way a community that big and that dedicated was going to lose
Although they still seem to have faced fierce competition from the masses who care more about what's between the driver's legs, than about the actual racing.

Pole: 99

S1: 18/24/4
S2: 5/4/99
S3: 5/4/1
S4: 4/1/2
S5: 1/4/20/88/99

Last edited:
Ah, knew I should have gone with Harvick instead of Johnson. Still plenty of racing left though.

Sprint All-Star Race Bonus Round Results:

ND4huQJ.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

No new entries were made this week.

BlacqueJacques and ukfan758 scored the most points this week, with 17 points. There is no prize for most points scored in a bonus round.

No one received 2 bonus points for picking pole-winner Carl Edwards before qualifying.

No one picked race winner Jamie McMurray.

No Consecutive Picks were spent this week. No consecutive picks will be charged for any driver picks next week. Pick any three drivers you want for the Coca Cola 600.

Several players did not enter picks this week. Since it was a bonus round, there is no penalty.

No one picked Jamie McMurray (1st), Dale Jr. (4th), or Carl Edwards (5th).

Only one person picked Matt Kenseth (3rd).

The highest possible number of points that could be won was 21 points (Bowyer - 5, Allmendinger - 4, Harvick - 12).

The most CPs that could be won was 3. You had to pick Bowyer from the Showdown race to get the first CP. Jamie McMurray (8 points), Kasey Kahne (6 points), and Kevin Harvick (12 points) all earned 2 CPs each.

No one had both drivers from the Showdown race score a top 5 finish. A lot of entries had Bowyer, and a few had Allmendinger/Ambrose/Almirola, but no one had both. No one picked 3rd place finisher Casey Mears.

Every driver that finished 6th through 10th (Larson/Stenhouse/Dillon/Menard/Patrick) in the Showdown race was picked by someone.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

There will be more bonus points available this week for the Indy 500 and GP of Monaco. The pick form will be up very soon, and those picks must be submitted before 10pm EDT on FRIDAY of this week.

It's time for the single greatest day in all of motorsports, Memorial Day. Formula 1 is running their most prestigious race, the Grand Prix of Monaco, in Monte Carlo on Sunday morning. IndyCar will be running their biggest race, the Indy 500, Sunday afternoon. NASCAR will be running their longest race, the Coca Cola 600, on Sunday night in Charlotte. It's a full day of exciting racing, from dawn until well after dark.

Bonus Picks for both races this weekend must be submitted before 10pm EDT this Friday.

Points awarded for both bonus races:

1st place = 5 points, +1 CP
2nd place = 4 points
3rd place = 3 points
4th place = 2 points
5th place = 1 point

If you pick the winner of both the Monaco GP and Indy 500, you get an extra 5 bonus points and 1 CP.

If you pick the winner of the Monaco GP, Indy 500, and Coca Cola 600, you get an extra 15 bonus points and 2 CPs.

Memorial Day Weekend Bonus Round: Click here

My Picks: 44/3

Last edited:
Safe to say this will be the only time where I'm happy to have scored 5 points. :lol: (oh and a much needed CP too.)

Anyway, picks for Memorial day bonus round.

#44 Lewis Hamilton.
#12 Will Power.

Back