2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
I should point out that amongst my original picks were 38 and 88. I feel that taking the random draw was, while not possibly a weekend-winning move, at least a lot better than if I had stuck with the originals.

Random draw participants got 3rd (Bowyer), 25th (Waltrip), and 31st (R. Truex)

I scored a 2nd (Biffle), 26th (Dale Jr), and 37th (Kenseth). 🤬

I would assume me, @Niop and any other buggers taking the random draw are not going to get our points doubled. :dopey:
Not likely, but I haven't seen anyone post a higher score, yet...

EDIT - I think Blitz has you beat.

26th (Dale Jr), 37th (Kenseth), and wherever the heck Brad finished.

Terribad week, but again, 'Dega is a crapshoot.

Another meh week. Should have picked Mears over Bayne and Hamlin over Patrick. Hindsight's a wonderful thing.

so 4th, 15th, 26th. Dale Jr whenever I pick him decides to back off and finish poorly.

so 4th, 15th, 26th. Dale Jr whenever I pick him decides to back off and finish poorly.
Just took a quick glance at the picks, and didn't see anything that stood out as clearly higher. So, you might have hit high mark of the week.

EDIT - Carb (39), Niop (52), and Jahgee (49) all gained points by going with the random draw (73) over their original entered picks.

Blitz24 got the most points (89), followed closely by Dolph Drago (88).

BKGlover got the only 2-point pole bonus. TheBook was the only person to select Hamlin.

There's a LOT of red ink on the results. I'll post them up tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:
Blitz24 got the most points (89), followed closely by Dolph Drago (88).
Damn. :lol: Got 3rd, 6th, and 37th from Bowyer, Menard and Kenseth (thanks Brad :grumpy:) respectively. Why couldn't Bowyer just lead a lap? I could have used that bonus point and tied for the win this week.

Round 10 Results:

WXDcMME.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

No new entries were made this week.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 10 was won by Blitz24.

BKGlover received 2 bonus points for picking pole-winner Brian Scott before qualifying.

TheBook received a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Denny Hamlin.

Two Consecutive Picks were spent this week (Furinkazen and FireEmblem10).

Three players did not submit picks this week (Justin, JoeTruckV8, and ukfan758). All were docked 10 points per driver, if no CP was available.

JakobNascar88 was removed from the standings after being inactive for three consecutive weeks.

The following cars/drivers can be picked in the next round without requiring a CP, due to being DNF this round: 14, 21, 22, 33, 34, 38, 83, 99.

The following cars were running at the end, and will require the use of a CP to be picked next week: 2, 20, 24

The top ten was a very tough pick this week.
No one picked Vickers (4th), Allmendinger (5th), Kahne (8th), Larson (9th), or Stenhouse (10th).
Only one person picked Hamlin (1st).
Two people picked Menard (6th).
Three people picked Biffle (2nd).
Four people (not counting the random draws) picked Bowyer (3rd).
Five people picked Harvick (7th).

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

My favorite stat:

The person that is 23rd in points is closer to being in 5th place (95 points) than 5th place is to being in 1st place (117 points).

The top 4 are going to have a hard time falling out of the Chase, barring a disaster in the next 16 events. Everyone from 5th to 25th is still very much in contention to be in (or out!) of the top 16 after Richmond.

Rather surprised I only dropped one spot. Only 29pts away from being knocked out of the chase now though. :scared:

Is 30th last place? If so I'm last. I never payed attention to the consecutive pick rules and don't always put my selections for each race.

Back