2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
As I've fallen down the board here, I'm somehow still moving up the overall board on Yahoo. I'm up to the 90th percentile.

nPml1Hi.png

Up to the 94th percentile after tonight's race. :cool:

CcUc8yN.png

1st, 12th, 13th. Could have been better, but combined with the Monaco points it should be a good points day. Finally got a win and a CP as well.

BOOM! Confetti.

Round 12 Results:

PJ6S7GZ.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

@LMSCorvetteGT2 joined this week. He started with 490 points, before adding the Monaco/Indy bonus points.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 12 was won by @LMSCorvetteGT2 and @jmacca, with 131 points each.

Eight players received 2 bonus points for picking pole-winner Jimmie Johnson before qualifying.

Nineteen players received a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Jimmie Johnson.

No Consecutive Picks were spent this week.

One player did not submit picks this week (@RedPartyhat). Because there was no penalty for any drivers this week, RPH's Kansas picks were scored at full value.

No one picked Brian Vickers (6th) or Paul Menard (8th).

Eleven Twelve players had Jimmie Johnson (1st) and Kevin Harvick (2nd).

Four others had Jimmie Johnson (1st) and Matt Kenseth (3rd).

This week's average score was 113 115 points.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

EDIT - Updated the standings to reflect the actual picks of @Earth (4/5/48 instead of 10/41/48).

Also, added fractional points to a few players so that they would display correctly in order of tiebreakers (where needed). The fractional points will be removed when there are no longer ties with that player.

Last edited:
I thought I got 2 bonus points for the pole?
I did make some changes before the race, but I always had the 48 in my lineup, even before qualifying. Here are my original picks from earlier this week:
2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 12 - Charlotte results posted
Or does that not count since I resubmitted?

--You also earn 2 points if a selected driver wins the pole. (Must enter final picks before the start of qualifying; does not apply to rainouts)

Once you change your picks after qualifying, the qualifying bonus is discarded.

Because all three NASCAR series are running a tripleheader at the same track this weekend (Dover), look for another chance to earn bonus points and CPs with picks in the Truck and Nationwide series races. I'll hopefully have that pick form up before the end of the day today.

EDIT - since it looks like entry lists won't be posted today on Jayski, expect to see the bonus pick form linked early Tuesday morning. The truck race is on Friday, so there will only be a three-day window to submit bonus picks.

Last edited:
Minor error between Adrenaline and I. I should be 16th and in the Chase as the Tiebreaker is settled on wins. Doesn't matter right at this stage of the season, of course. :)

Minor error between Adrenaline and I. I should be 16th and in the Chase as the Tiebreaker is settled on wins. Doesn't matter right at this stage of the season, of course. :)
I know. The table doesn't let me sort individual rows like a regular spreadsheet would, or I would manually sort to fix all of the tiebreaker errors each week.

Trust me, after Round 26 at Richmond, the proper people will be in the proper places. CPs will be cashed in for 2 points (if needed), and all tiebreakers will be applied accordingly after that (if needed).

In your case, you would cash in 1 CP for 2 extra points, in order to tie Adrenaline (also cashing in his 1 CP for 2 extra points). After that, you could use your tiebreaker (more race wins) to claim 16th place. If Adrenaline instead held the tiebreaker advantage on you, you would need to cash in a second CP to pass him in total points.

EDIT - updated. See points table above for my work-around to this issue. :)

Last edited:
1st, 3rd, 9th + the pair of 2nd's fom F1 and IRL.

Will take that, think my highest scoring week so far.

lol, I really didnt pick Danica and Kurt right? Pretty sure I had the 4, 5, and 48. I guess @MustangRyan is trolling me for my support of Danica lol

jU7W39o.png

I'm assuming you are in steps 1 & 2, denial and anger. How about we skip past bargaining and depression, and get right to step 5, acceptance? :lol:

I'll completely understand if you get stuck at step 4, depression. :indiff:

jU7W39o.png

I'm assuming you are in steps 1 & 2, denial and anger. How about we skip past bargaining and depression, and get right to step 5, acceptance? :lol:

Well, looks like someone decided to have a laugh and enter some picks under my name. I didnt update my picks yesterday, Friday was when I switched to the 4, 5, and 48 after picking the 4, 24, and 99 originally.

Maybe from here on out I can enter my picks with a certain number behind my name? That way you know its really me, as those are not my picks.

Well, looks like someone decided to have a laugh and enter some picks under my name. I didnt update my picks yesterday, Friday was when I switched to the 4, 5, and 48 after picking the 4, 24, and 99 originally.

Seriously? I would like to think that no one here would do something like that. I'm guessing whoever did do it wouldn't just own up to it as a joke, right?

I'm torn as to how to handle this, as I have no way to prove that the entry was or wasn't actually yours (unless someone else admits to making the fake entry in your name). If I go back on this one, other players might try the same thing, claiming shenanigans to revert their picks back to a previous entry that scored much better.

Opinions from other participants are definitely welcome here.

Maybe from here on out I can enter my picks with a certain number behind my name? That way you know its really me, as those are not my picks.

If this is going to become a problem, we can work something out via Private Message to hopefully prevent this.

@Earth, after doing a little research, I'm going to score your picks of 4/5/48 instead of 10/41/48. I based this on the following observations:

The only other four times this season that you have posted who you were picking, those picks were actually used. In the first three rounds listed below, you even notated your pick changes for the weekend, after first posting different picks for that round.

Round 7 picks (Previous picks for round 7 part 1, part 2, part 3)
Round 8 picks (Previous picks for round 8)
Round 9 picks (Previous picks for round 9)
Round 11 picks

Even in round 6, before you were readily disclosing who you were picking before the race started, you posted that you had changed your picks here.

Thus, I have very little reason to think that you would change your picks, without posting something about having done so.

The timestamp from the entry below is from 8:36am on Sunday.

jU7W39o.png

You had no postings on GTP between 2:17am and 10:02am on Sunday (see below). That obviously doesn't prove that you weren't browsing GTP at 8:30am on Sunday, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here.

qyERNEE.png

I also went back and looked at the entry forms for all of the other 11 rounds that have been held so far. Only one other time did you change your picks on the same day of the race, and that was for the race at Phoenix, way back in week 2. You entered your final picks at 5:17am. You also posted on GTP here at 5:49am. For the most part, your final picks are usually in 2 days in advance.

I'll get with you via PM to decide on a way to validate your future picks. If anyone else wants to add a validation code for their entries, send me a PM, and we can discuss it.

The deadline for picks is Friday at 5pm EDT.

If Cup drivers sweep the top 5 in the Nationwide race, I will award 3, 2, and 1 points to the top 3 NW drivers, regardless of their finishing position.

Dover Trucks & Nationwide Bonus Pick Form: Click here

My picks: 88/9

Last edited:
Back