GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread re-opened. Keep it civil. To the anti-boycotters - leave it be. You don't agree or think its a waste of time, that's fine but don't throw your weight around just for the sake of it.

Can these same guidelines be applied to positive threads when people are clearly being negative?
Or does that only happen if people report posts?

Can these same guidelines be applied to positive threads when people are clearly being negative?
Or does that only happen if people report posts?
It depends on the nature of each post. Simply being negative is not grounds for complaint or extreme reaction.
"I think this attempt at a boycott will fail because..." Negative but acceptable
"Epic fail, retarded attempt at a boycott." Unacceptable
Did I need to illustrate that?

As for whether it needs to be reported to be dealt with, the chance of it being noticed is 100% if its reported, that's the only difference.

Bonus likes will be awarded if you can illustrate that using pictures.
my-own-wife.jpg

GTPlanet, a website that allows boycott plans against Gran Turismo. Great!
We allow our members the luxury of their opinions, so long as those opinions don't contravene the AUP. It doesn't mean we agree with them but we don't have a policy of censorship. That includes all manner of apparently controversial opinions.

Historically a "Boycott" has never been an all inclusive movement. It's typically organized by a vocal minority. They are effective because companies are afraid of negative press and their overall reputation in the market in which they serve.

Though I totally agree with the point that we're talking about a "game" here and not some social injustice, there is some level of misrepresentation by PD here and it needs to be addressed. As a long time GT fan I am upset at PD's lack of communication in the weeks leading up to February 28th, the "missed deadline". The news is full of developers with massive layoffs or completely closing its doors. PD's arrogance is inexcusable in today's market.

We allow our members the luxury of their opinions, so long as those opinions don't contravene the AUP. It doesn't mean we agree with them but we don't have a policy of censorship. That includes all manner of apparently controversial opinions.
It seems like in every other thread, expressing your opinion gets you hated on by everyone else there... Even if it's logical and factual. :boggled:

Boycotting in progress...just hoping there's no update in the next few days with loads of really cool stuff in it that would tempt me into playing GT6. ;)

So assuming there is a mass boycott, substantial enough to register on Sony's seismograph buried under the Pacific Ocean, causing the monitoring station's tea boy to run four blocks to the telegraph office in order to warn them, what then?

Sony realises that the servers are not worth keeping up, and wind them down with GT5's. Then they cancel all development plans for GT6 / GT7 temporarily and hand over the reins to someone who will Take Action™, rebooting the series on PS4 with all payers' expectations fulfilled.

Can't go wrong, carry on!

I feel like I should follow up on my post in here saying that I would join in if I didn't have any races during the time this was on, turns out I had/have two. One just happened and one is planned for next weekend, thus I won't be taking part. But I have had a bit of a think about it.

I feel like this game does a fairly poor job of creating a good, realistic and balanced racing environment. So the many bugs, glitches and disconnects is kind of a (granted horrible) way of making up for the reliability etc of real life race cars in a race. If it had not been for a number of glitches the current championship I'm in would look very different, but as it is its pretty mixed up and a bit more interesting. Though granted making and re-making rooms over and over becasue people cannot connect is a little infuriating!! :P

Well I guess im boycotting the severs just got the YLOD with GT6 and my new 1TB hard drive in it :banghead: 🤬:banghead:🤬:banghead:🤬
Debating whether to go to next gen

Well I guess im boycotting the severs just got the YLOD with GT6 and my new 1TB hard drive in it :banghead: 🤬:banghead:🤬:banghead:🤬
Debating whether to go to next gen
A gaming PC perhaps? Lots of cool sims on PC. The only thing that's missing is a sim that is less centered around race cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back