2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
I usually do the points pretty quickly on Monday afternoon. I think for this race, I'm going to wait for the official race results on Tuesday before scoring it. I've never known the unofficial results to be wrong or changed, but this race was a disaster from top to bottom. Since the end of the race, Kenseth has moved from 19th to 20th, and Cassill has moved from 34th to 31st.

EDIT - here are the unofficial results, if you want to check on your drivers.
http://www.jayski.com/stats/2014/pdfs/18dis2014results.pdf

So did the random picks get the most points?
Not quite. 89 points for the random picks. 93 points for me.

Last edited:
Tentatively, these would be the scores from this race. No one got the pole bonus, and no one picked the winner.

The randomly generated picks were 4 points away from doubling their score. Yes, picking drivers for plate racing is a lottery at this point.

ueguoTA.png

EDIT - Imagine what you would have thought if I had told you before the race that the combo of Michael McDowell (7th), Terry Labonte (11th), and Alex Bowman (13th) would score enough (101 total points) to win this round over everyone else's picks.

EDIT #2: Cassill did lead a lap, so he gained an extra point over what I counted. The randoms should wind up with 90 total points.

Last edited:
Round 18 Results:

ma755F6.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

No new entries are being allowed at this time, as we are more than halfway through the regular season.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 18 was won by MustangRyan and Dolph Drago, with 93 points.

No one received 2 bonus points for picking pole-winner David Gilliland before qualifying.

No one received a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Aric Almirola.

Two Consecutive Picks were spent this week.

Every player submitted picks this week.

Carbonox became the first player to get to 20 Top-5 picks.

Not counting the random picks, no one selected Aric Almirola (1st), Brian Vickers (2nd), Kurt Busch (3rd), Casey Mears (4th), Michael McDowell (7th), Danica Patrick (8th), Marcos Ambrose (10th), Terry Labonte (11th), or Alex Bowman (13th).

Out of 21 actual entries, one person picked Austin Dillon (5th), two people selected Clint Bowyer (9th), and four people chose Denny Hamlin (6th). No entry selected more than one driver in the top 10.

The seven people that used the random selections each scored one top-5 (Vickers) and two top-10s (Vickers & Ambrose).

Only 9 of 28 entries had all three cars running at the end of the race.

This week's average score was 69 points.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

So those picks were actually for me?

Well it sure beats my original random draw of Ambrose, Biffle, and Sorenson for sure. :P

For comparison's sake, I would have taken the 2/4/88 this week, had I not chosen the RNG picks. We'll see how these picks compare.

Would have gotten a total of 61 points with these picks. Definitely glad I did go RNG.

Back