2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
I picked Stewart (along with Gordon, and Johnson) in hopes he'd return strong. Looks like my Chase hopes are all but dead.

I'm liking my last-second change of picks, even if I did lose the qualifying bonus.

22/24/48.

If the 24 was on the lead lap, he'd be in fifth right now. Crap.
tumblr_m7hwq1wsvA1rnjbgoo1_r1_500.gif

4th, 5th, and 17th.

Finally a decent week after getting DNF/sub-30th results for the last couple weeks.

That last restart (actually the last couple ones) really changed the outcome for my team. It helped Gordon, but really hurt Logano.

3rd, 14th, 17th. Could have been worse I guess.

5th, 17th, 39th.

Well, I'm mathematically locked into the chase, so... I went with a 'get-wins' pick set. Didn't turn out too good.

Round 25 Results:

hTjfDHj.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

No new entries are being allowed at this time, as we are more than halfway through the regular season.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 25 was won by @Carbonox.

Seven entries received 2 bonus points for picking pole-winner Kevin Harvick before qualifying.

Three entries received a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Kasey Kahne.

One Consecutive Pick was spent this week.

@Patrick did not submit picks this week. All of his picks were scored based on last round's picks, and a 10 point penalty was assessed for each driver, if CPs weren't available. Kyle Busch was DNF last week, and was not docked 10 points for this week.

No one picked Danica Patrick (6th place), Aric Almirola (9th), or Greg Biffle (10th).

One person picked Ryan Newman (7th).

Two people picked Denny Hamlin (3rd).

Three people picked Kasey Kahne (1st), Matt Kenseth (2nd), Carl Edwards (5th), Kyle Larson (8th)

This week's average score was 87 points.

The next race is the FINAL regular season race. The sixteen-person Chase field will be set following this weekend's race at Richmond.

Reminder: If you are right around the Chase bubble, you can cash in Consecutive Picks for 2 points each, if needed.

For example, The_Bman could cash in all 6 of his CPs, and he would move 3 points ahead of Adrenaline and The Book. Both of those drivers would then need to cash in 2 CPs to get back ahead of The_Bman in points.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

Last edited:
Theoretically, @seabass could miss the Chase on points, but it would require a lot of things to go very wrong for him.

Seabass would need a 41-42-43 finish. This would earn him the bare minimum possible, 6 points. Then, he would need for all 6 people behind him to pass him in points. For The Book, Adrenaline, and The_Bman, this would basically require a 1-2-3, all with a lap led, and the 2-point pole bonus. That's 149 points. You could add anywhere from 1 to 3 points for most laps led bonuses, but the odds of the top 3 finishers all tying for most laps led is probably approaching zero.

Surprised my terrible summer picks wise hasn't knocked me into the bubble, I wish I could keep my early season success that I've had the last two years all year :lol:

I'm going to pick my three least favorite drivers for Richmond. If they finish good, I have a nice shot of making the Chase. If any of them finish terribly, I won't have to worry about that/those drivers winning.

Win-win either way.

I'm going to pick my three least favorite drivers for Richmond. If they finish good, I have a nice shot of making the Chase. If any of them finish terribly, I won't have to worry about that/those drivers winning.

Win-win either way.
Total shot in the dark: Denny Hamlin, Clint Bowyer, Kyle Busch

Back