2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
#2 Brad Keselowski.
#22 Joey Logano.
#31 Ryan Newman. #88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Last edited:
18, 24, 48.

EDIT: Forgot the 2 DNF'd last week. I wasn't going to waste a CP on him, since I have more than anyone behind me and those two extra points might come in real handy if need be, but since I don't need to use a CP I'll go with the 2/24/48.

Last edited:
I voted for the new chase format. Part of the reason I had so much success in the chase last year was because I avoided DNFs. I think with the new format you can have a DNF or two in a couple of rounds and still advance whereas in the old system 2 DNFs is like a death sentence

I don't remember picking Brad Keselowski. :confused:

Either that's terrible memory or I actually did pick him.

Even if I do extremely well, due to my lack of CPs I am essentially a spoiler for the Chase, no matter the setup.

Furi, do what works. Winging it seems to work for me; see it, click, done. No thinking involved, which is why I picked Ambrose/Patrick/Hamlin.

I voted for the new chase format. Part of the reason I had so much success in the chase last year was because I avoided DNFs. I think with the new format you can have a DNF or two in a couple of rounds and still advance whereas in the old system 2 DNFs is like a death sentence
The Chase format vote started out with 8 consecutive votes for one of the two options, which definitely surprised me. After 4 split votes, it was 10 to 2. It's now 10 to 5. I'm interested to see if it gets closer.

Even if I do extremely well, due to my lack of CPs I am essentially a spoiler for the Chase, no matter the setup.

Furi, do what works. Winging it seems to work for me; see it, click, done. No thinking involved, which is why I picked Ambrose/Patrick/Hamlin.
You're only 20 points out of the Chase, and these picks tell me you've already given up. The picks are very varied across the board this week, so a good set of picks could definitely get you in.

Probable favorites: 2/4/11/15/18/20/22/24/48/88/99
Decent chances: 1/5/14/16/31/41/42/55

If the 9 and 10 were the next best cars, they would finish 20th and 21st.

All you have to do is get in the Chase, and with the points reset, you have a chance to compete for the title. Consecutive picks do help. But, with the sheer number of good cars this year, you can just pick from the same seven cars (2/4/20/22/24/48/88) every two weeks without repeating and be just fine.

I have been rotating the 2,22,24,48 primarily this season. Going to give them a break. Given #15 a shot but he is so luckless this season.

I'd say wait until the start of the first chase race to announce the winner of the chase poll to make things interesting :mischievous:

You're only 20 points out of the Chase, and these picks tell me you've already given up. The picks are very varied across the board this week, so a good set of picks could definitely get you in.

Probable favorites: 2/4/11/15/18/20/22/24/48/88/99
Decent chances: 1/5/14/16/31/41/42/55

If the 9 and 10 were the next best cars, they would finish 20th and 21st.

All you have to do is get in the Chase, and with the points reset, you have a chance to compete for the title. Consecutive picks do help. But, with the sheer number of good cars this year, you can just pick from the same seven cars (2/4/20/22/24/48/88) every two weeks without repeating and be just fine.
I've not given up, I would have stopped picking if I had. Here's the problem, when I make educated picks, I do worse than I have by using moon logic. The favorites, I have Hamlin, don't trust the 4,15,18, or 20, next week for the 48, and the 99 is an 'eh'.

I'm actually liking my picks more as I think about them. Hamlin was the thought, and I did well last two times I went in a direction on the list. Right now, I'll take Ambrose and Patrick over Bowyer and Stewart.

Also, 20 points here are hard to get. I only made up space because favorites had bad days, and my 2 CPs to the 6-8 others have mean I'd need a stellar race, or all the favorites crash on lap one.

If you're going to take a wild stab on a longshot, why not go with the 1 and 42, which at least have a chance to win, unlike the 9 and 10?

The Chase format vote started out with 8 consecutive votes for one of the two options, which definitely surprised me. After 4 split votes, it was 10 to 2. It's now 10 to 5. I'm interested to see if it gets closer.
At this point, I'm just interested to see if anyone else is going to vote. The count is still 10 to 5.

🤬 it

16, 31, 42. My logic will be that these three need to make the chase so they aren't going to 🤬 it up. I've almost given up seeing as how every time I seem to pick one of the front runners one of them always gets in trouble and finishes below 20th or DNF.

Last edited:
#2 Brad Keselowski
#4 Kevin Harvick
#42 Kyle Larson (I should just go with Johnson here, but I have a feeling about Larson this week. I'm sure I'll be regretting it :lol:)

Since I'm 150 points ahead of the bottom, I'm gonna gamble on guys that need a win in order to maybe get a win.

1, 14, 42

Back