2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
3rd, 12th, 22nd.

And like most others, I can't remember my elimination picks. I THINK I had Allmendinger, Almirola, and possibly Biffle (I have no clue who my fourth pick might have been). I could be wrong.

2nd, 3rd, 22nd OR 3rd, 4th, 22nd.

Picked one of the Penske drivers, not sure which one.

Elimination picks for me were Biffle, Allmendinger, Kahne and Almirola, so... 3/4.

Round 29 Results:

usiKcRm.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

No new entries are being allowed at this time.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 29 was won by @BKGlover.

Five entries received 2 bonus points for picking pole-winner Kevin Harvick before qualifying.

One entry received a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Jeff Gordon.

Three Consecutive Picks were spent this week @Furinkazen, @seabass, and @vetteman24.

This week's average score was 105 points.

I'm thinking of adding one more way to earn bonus points for the Chase. It's going to be an elimination guessing game. Before the start of each round (races 1,4,7), you guess which 4 drivers will be eliminated at the end of that round (races 3,6,9).
For each eliminated driver you guess correctly, you get bonus points.
1 driver correct = 1 point
2 drivers correct = 1+2 points (3)
3 drivers correct = 1+2+3 points (6)
All 4 drivers correct = 1+2+3+4 points (10) + 1 CP

k5v5Jvx.png

These bonus points were added in today's update.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

Had we done the elimination bracket, the scores would look like this after 3 rounds, before the points reset:

jlqCdp3.png

Consecutive picks were traded in for 2 points each for everyone that needed to get over the 13th place score of 5341. Dolph Drago advanced with the same 5341 points based on the tiebreaker, most race winners selected, over jmacca.

After the reset, here is what the points would look like:

0p9yuAI.png

I would've been sweating bullets if we used the elimination format. :scared:

Of course, I'd be in much better shape because the points would reset again. Instead, I'm still 70 points back. Once the Chase started, I've started to tank.

I managed to pick the winner? I need to remember to forget who I pick more often.

I got that promotion at work, so this week has been very busy. I'll have the form up before going to bed tonight. If you want, PM your picks to me, and I'll enter them when the form is up.

Race picks: 2/24/42. Might change that just so I don't end up with the same number of points as everyone else. :lol:

Elimination picks: 11/18/31/99.

I thought the SHR cars might dominate here again like they did in the spring race. After the first practice, I'm not convinced. Changing my picks away from 14/4/22.

Drago'ing others with eliminations of #5, #11, #31, and #99.

And probably Drago'ing a few more guys with my Kansas picks:
#4 Kevin Harvick
#22 Joey Logano
#42 Kyle Larson

Back