2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
Considering the only difference between my picks and @Spacegoat's was Jeff Gordon vs. Kevin Harvick, he definitely made his lead grow this week.

1st, 12th, 36th

Funny how I dropped the 22 and was looking for drivers who werent having tire issues in practice and 2/3 picks ended up having numerous tire issues

Call me crazy, but I'm switching out Hamlin for Logano (I was actually considering Logano before qualifying anyway).

#22 Joey Logano
#24 Jeff Gordon
#48 Jimmie Johnson

Note again: I would recommend avoiding these picks at all costs! You will very likely lose points! :lol:

13th, 24th, 39th. You were warned. :lol: Glad I had to work and missed this one. Would have been hella frustrating to watch. And I actually would have gotten a lot more points out of Hamlin's replacement, Hornish, had I gone with my original picks. That's nice.

1st, 39th and 41st.

Surprised if I'm still in the Top 16 after that. No more picking Kahne, though.

Well, who would have thought California would shake things up like this. I feel sorry for those who picked the #24 and #48. By far the two best cars all day long and they should have rewarded some guys with a win and lots of points. My 3 picks were top 10 material but they had nothing for the two Hendrick cars.

So anxious to see the standings now.
Today was a busy day at work, or they would already be up. Look for them to be posted before noon tomorrow.

EDIT - noon, in Denver, that is. :lol:

Last edited:
Round 5 Results:

odMQ23Z.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

The lone new entrant, RedPartyHat, started with 152 points, the sum of the fewest points earned in each of the first 4 rounds.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 5 was won by TheBook.

Seven players received a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Kyle Busch.

Five players received 2 bonus points each for selecting pole winner Matt Kenseth before qualifying.

One Consecutive Pick was spent this week (MustangRyan).

Two players were docked 10 points for selecting a driver in consecutive weeks, with no CP available (Wilbur, ukfan758).

Four players did not submit picks this week (jmacca, gingerninja1313, LorenzoEspresso, and Adam46). All were docked 10 points per driver, if no CP was available. No CP/penalty was charged for Kevin Harvick, since he was DNF the previous round.

No one picked any driver that finished 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 8th, or 9th (Larson, Kurt Busch, Stewart, Allmendinger, Menard).

BigLennie was removed from the standings, as I felt his picks were intentionally terrible (and he didn't pick this week). Repeatedly entering intentionally poor picks only stands to harm players that have yet to join, and will not be tolerated.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

EDIT: Changed LorenzoEspresso's score for Joey Logano from 8 points to 5 points.

Last edited:
I had it submitted right as they rolled off so ignore my submission and go with the old one if I missed it by 1 minute. Apologies.

You saved 10 points by NOT changing picks in time. 👍

Missed the beginning of the broadcast, so I just found out about the Hamlin substitution. I would have swapped him out if I had known. Oh well.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 5 was won by TheBook.

Seems like that worked out well for you, too. 👍

Auto Club:
#4, Kevin Harvick
#18, Kyle Busch
#20, Matt Kenseth
1st, 4th, 36th. Fairly good first race for me.

If the picks aren't in the pick form, they don't get scored. However, since I just did the same thing for joetruckv8 the week before, I'll give you half points for these picks (48 points) and the same 152 that RedPartyHat got for starting this week. You'll be on next week's score sheet. You do not receive a win/top5/top10/CP for any picks from this past round. You'll need to use three different drivers next week, since you have no CP available.

Last edited:
@MustangRyan I didn't see the pick form because it wasn't in the OP. Could you start putting the forms in the OP, so nobody makes the same mistake that me and joetruckv8 did? Any new player will have to flip through pages until they find the form, and I didn't know what it looked like.

Back