2014 FIFA World Cup - Brazil

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 4,127 comments
Absolutely agree. But I'll concede that circumstances in the game can put you in the final like it happened to Argentina here, that's how football is.

But the Messi thing is just impossible to swallow, it's almost laughable. Even in Argentina a recurrent meme was where the heck Messi was. Not even the argetineans can believe this crap.
Argentina had an easy draw, yet Iran almost drew against them. Switzerland were never good, Belgium were highly flawed in spite of their results. They matched the Dutch in a defensive battle then got the luck of the draw in penalties.

Remember Germany stayed in a purpose built camp which they had built because they felt the other camps there weren't suitable, that's dedication!

Robben deserves a bit more credit than that.

In all honesty I found the dutch uninspiring. They just seemed to play very low-key and there games were not thrillers. Still 3rd in the World Cup is something, best ever result for them if I remember?

EDIT What Mike said.

In all honesty I found the dutch uninspiring. They just seemed to play very low-key and there games were not thrillers. Still 3rd in the World Cup is something, best ever result for them if I remember?
They lost the final in 2010 ;)

They reached the final 4 years prior...and in '74. When they had better teams. Much better, for '74.
It was mostly the 5-1 that got people on their train. I was on their train beforehand but even I didn't see them making the semis.
Maybe they didn't have it quite so easy the rest of the way but van Gaal pulled off superb coaching to win the rest.

3 times finalist. 74, 78, 2010.

And the low key playing was a strategy by van Gaal due to missing some key players.

Did you guys see how quick Blattie and President got rid of that trophy? Hilarious. :lol:

They lost the final in 2010 ;)
They reached the final 4 years prior...and in '74. When they had better teams. Much better, for '74.
It was mostly the 5-1 that got people interesting. Maybe they didn't have it quite so easy the rest of the way but van Gaal pulled off superb coaching to win the rest.
3 times finalist.

And the low key playing was a strategy by van Gaal due to missing some key players.

Oh my memory :ouch:

Van Gall will be interesting in the Premier League next season. He's not afraid to make those big decisions.

Remember Germany stayed in a purpose built camp which they had built because they felt the other camps there weren't suitable, that's dedication!

Yeah, other team's merely stay in a hotel and use someone's spare pitch....the German's move in!

Bloddy hell again why the irrational hatred of Argentina?

You all just compared it to Brazil. Even if Germanys won its still one hell of the match.

Did you all just bet for Argentina? Thats explains something.

Well James won one award he might well deserve...goal of the tournament. And Golden Boot.
Actually I said he would win the Ball but I think Muller was probably my favourite for it. But Messi shouldn't have even been able to see it. He shouldn't even have known it existed.

Not Argentina. Messi.
There was going to be one undeserved award...

Not Argentina. Messi.

This. We've all seen Messi play. The guy is stratospherical. Yet in this world cup, in which he had all the elements to make it his world cup, he was annonimous as all the hell. He did not deserve the award given to him.

Latest Posts

Back