2014 Grand Prix du Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
After the drama of Monaco where the Mercedes drivers fully ignited their rivalry, many are keen to see where it continues. With the Mercedes team bringing upgrades for this race many will be predicting another Mercedes precession, but will that happen? Who knows! This weekend also marks twelve months since the death of GP marshall Mark Robinson. Get strapped in for the 2014 Grand Prix du Canada
800px-Circuit_Gilles_Villeneuve.svg.png

Event Date: 6-8 June 2014
Circuit length: 4.361 km (2.71 mi)
Laps: 70
Lap Record: 1:13.622, Rubens Barichello, 2004

2013 Results

1) S. Vettel (Red Bull)
2) F. Alonso (Ferrari)
3) L. Hamilton (Mercedes)

Last edited:
All Mercedes running teams should go strong this weekend. Predict Lewis will have the edge over Rosberg on this circuit, always looks strong around it. Plus Lewis wins every other race around here, it's science! :lol:

Luca di Montezemolo expected improvements from Ferrari by this race too, so I wonder whether they will deliver on that front...

They have a planned engine upgrade. They feel that they have been running the 059/3 long enough to understand what it can take when pushed, and are introducing new engine maps to get more performance out of the engine.

I think their advantage will be stronger here so as Samus says, very likely barring issues.

I wonder whether Hamilton has learnt lessons from this season and opts for a strategy that protects him should there be (when there is) a safety car around the pitstop windows....

Which car do people think will be second best? I reckon Force India and Ferrari could give RB a good race.

Which car do people think will be second best? I reckon Force India and Ferrari could give RB a good race.
Depends, both Renault and Ferrari say their engine performance will be increased. Have to see who really has made the biggest gains.

I'd say Ferrari. Renault are turning their engines all the way up for the first time in Montreal. But Ferrari have been going at 100% for some time now, and are refining their engine performance with software upgrades.

You can't really discount Red Bull for a podium, even if this track doesn't suit their car. I think, even if the planned engine update doesn't give the desired hopes, they will be fighting for 3rd place.

Haven't seen those anywhere else. It's like you basically go and type in to a google search "redbull racing cheating 2014" or "Mercedes GP racing cheated 2014". I mean really...come one now. Even your Minardi finding from last year never panned out and was just a bunch of conjecture that couldn't be proven.

Oh hey look a much more trustworthy source, and even better with it being a trust worthy source that talks almost solely on the tech side of F1. And seems to say it doesn't look like cheating.

Nice Samus. 👍

Reactions: DK
I know I said it wasn't funny last time, but it is funny this time.

It's like The Simpsons episode "Cape Feare". When Sideshow Bob arrives in the town, he steps on a rake that smacks him in the face. Then another rake, and another. Eventually it stops being funny, but they keep the gag going nine times in a row (mostly because they needed to meet the minimum episode length) so that it starts being funny again.

The same thing is happening here.

So, Wall of Champions bets, first in? I'm going to go with Kobayashi.

Haven't seen those anywhere else. It's like you basically go and type in to a google search "redbull racing cheating 2014" or "Mercedes GP racing cheated 2014". I mean really...come one now. Even your Minardi finding from last year never panned out and was just a bunch of conjecture that couldn't be proven.

Oh hey look a much more trustworthy source, and even better with it being a trust worthy source that talks almost solely on the tech side of F1. And seems to say it doesn't look like cheating.

Nice Samus. 👍

General rule of thumb I like to take on these sorts of 'issues' is if the teams themselves aren't kicking up a fuss or even talking about it, it's a non-issue.

Last edited:
So, Wall of Champions bets, first in? I'm going to go with Kobayashi.
IIRC they pushed back the barriers this year so they have more space. If I had to bet though, I'm afraid it'll be Maldonado, Kimi or Magnussen.

IIRC they pushed back the barriers this year so they have more space. If I had to bet though, I'm afraid it'll be Maldonado, Kimi or Magnussen.

I won't be surprised if these two crash there at the same time :P

I won't be surprised if these two crash there at the same time :P
Yeah they're like Alonso/Hulkenberg except they actually touch. I didn't mean at the same time though, they both light up the rears a lot more than others so I figured it'll be them to grace the wall.

Very nearly in the 15s too. Quali should be in the 15s and even a high 14 if the weather stays good.

1- This sort of secret test has been reported as a rumor by Bild. A RUMOR read it again. But there's a strange social network comment by a tester refering to a trip in Graz for a week or something.
And for what is worth your opinion does not have more relevance than this rumor.

2 - Stop talking BS on Giancarlo Minardi. He recognized this weird RedBull traction system before many other people. And it has been confirmed by several f1 technical sites they had something going on on rear tyres traction, yet FIA magically considered that thing legal.
There was also a Vettel interview last year where he was refering to a secret on rear tyres other teams will never understand.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust Bild - it's a crappy tabloid that used to have boobs on the front page. At least the Sun put them on page 3!

1- This sort of secret test has been reported as a rumor by Bild. A RUMOR read it again. But there's a strange social network comment by a tester refering to a trip in Graz for a week or something.
And for what is worth your opinion does not have more relevance than this rumor.

2 - Stop talking BS on Giancarlo Minardi. He recognized this weird RedBull traction system before many other people. And it has been confirmed by several f1 technical sites they had something going on on rear tyres traction, yet FIA magically considered that thing legal.
There was also a Vettel interview last year where he was refering to a secret on rear tyres other teams will never understand.
"Magically" considered it legal? Without proof of anything to the contrary there was nothing magic about it. Nobody found real evidence of anything illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back