2014 GTP 24 HEURES DU MANS [13:00 UTC 12 JULY]

• Thread starter AJ
  • 756 comments
For those CRAP members interested in following the progress of participating CRAP members I have whipped up a thread over at the CRAP forum.

Very excited for this to get underway, I haven't had my annual 24hr race fix yet and I have been suffering withdrawals!!

Good luck to all 👍

Pretty sure I saw a post confirming redaction of times until a set point? Will go through posts when home.

Um 9 seconds wow that pretty big over a 24 hour period.

Its going to be about;

- consistency
- tyre wear
- fuel economy
- driver change strategy
- traffic management

not outright lap time, although pace will come into play, and that is determined by driver skill.
The other 908 was only 3.8s off pole and the fastest single 908 lap was only 2.7s off the fastest R8.

The BMWs are well down though and may get a competition waver.

There's a few entrants who've raced 1 or more 24hr races here but there's a few who haven't and this is for you:

Lap time difference is nothing with cars closely balanced... There's one thing you, and your team, need to focus on and that is simply "keeping it on the black stuff".

The teams who win their classes (and overall) will be the teams that keep their car on the track the most and have consistent (not necessarily the fastest) times.

Stick to that and you will do well 👍

AJ
Its going to be about;

- consistency
- tyre wear
- fuel economy
- driver change strategy
- traffic management

not outright lap time, although pace will come into play, and that is determined by driver skill.
The other 908 was only 3.8s off pole and the fastest single 908 lap was only 2.7s off the fastest R8.

The BMWs are well down though and may get a competition waver.
That makes a little more sence. But did you mean Audi not BMW because there is not a BMW in LMP.

wow very impressed with .011 between myself and the big mac, to be honest I was a little weary of that car being in our group but the regulations are spot on,

wow very impressed with .011 between myself and the big mac, to be honest I was a little weary of that car being in our group but the regulations are spot on,
Yeah incredibly close after a long lap, should be a close race 👍

So does The Sunday Cup. I will be posting links to the live streams up in there before the race.

https://www.facebook.com/TheSundayCup

The live stream for live timing link.

http://www.twitch.tv/ade3210

Finally, our team poster for this event.

TEAM POSTER.PNG

My name isn't down on the drivers sheet due to my overall late entry, but I'm the 4th driver for Team Snail in the MatMut Peugeot Team...

PSN: JoeTruckV8
GTP: JoeTruckV8
Team: Snail Racing
Car: Matmut Peugeot

Our Le Mans race should be better than the real deal because we have Super GT, and Peugeot on the Lmp class, but we are missing Porsche,

Race Week Update #4

Updates to;

1 - Entry List
2 - Driver Stint Timetable
3 - Garage Allocation
4 - Provisional Grid

Race Week Update #5

Revised BoP for the BMW as agreed by all LM GT-S entrants.

My name isn't down on the drivers sheet due to my overall late entry, but I'm the 4th driver for Team Snail in the MatMut Peugeot Team...

PSN: JoeTruckV8
GTP: JoeTruckV8
Team: Snail Racing
Car: Matmut Peugeot

Our Le Mans race should be better than the real deal because we have Super GT, and Peugeot on the Lmp class, but we are missing Porsche,

I'm all signed up :bowdown:24H

And Joe likes TDZdave! 👍 its been long enough buddy, I hope I see you on track. Clocking a 3hr practice stint tonight Pst time American/Aussie drivers if you guys want to join my session?,.

And Joe likes TDZdave! 👍 its been long enough buddy, I hope I see you on track. Clocking a 3hr practice stint tonight Pst time American/Aussie drivers if you guys want to join my session?,.

bout time! Sadly i cant,

@AJ One thing I noticed from qualifying, on the OP 'Grip Reduction' is listed as Low but in the qualifying lobby it was on Real, which way are we going on Saturday?

@AJ One thing I noticed from qualifying, on the OP 'Grip Reduction' is listed as Low but in the qualifying lobby it was on Real, which way are we going on Saturday?

Sorry. Real Grip Reduction will be used.

Also - people were having connection issues during qualifying, so I changed to;

Fixed Room Ownership
No Voice Chat

I suggest we should use this, as usual I want to hear what you guys think.

Back