• 523 comments

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
Racers around the world are welcome to join, this is not US only!

JhtkXR4.gif

We won't be using the same system we used from GT5, where every one added a single PSN account managed by us to race in private lounges. Currently, we're just going to encourage every one to add each other (If you have a full friends list I suggest you guys all make new alternate accounts and buy all the cars you need since it's a lot easier to get everything you need to race in the GT6 dealership). We'll be using this thread more as a meeting place for people to pop on and say they've racing, or planning to.

Still open to anyone, not only finalists, but of course it's up to the discretion of the person you're adding to add you.

Btw, if someone has a better system in mind, shoot! I'm still trying to think up alternate methods of doing this since things are substantially different to how it was in GT5.

Here's some footage provided by outlaw4rc (US Finalist) for you to get a glimpse at the type of racing that goes down!

It's time to prepare!

Following up from the excellent racing and training get togethers we did the past one, two, years. I present to you organized practice for National/Regional/Territory Finals for GT Academy 2014. Get used to racing under pressure as some of the world's best spec racers test your skill in our rooms.

How does this work?

We want to keep things as easy and time efficient as possible, so we recommend every one that wants to participate to post their information here, I'll then add it to the OP and people can start adding each other on PSN to get rolling and practicing. If you don't have room on your friend list, see my tip in the italicized text above.

We will be working with people to volunteer to host advance scheduled sessions. So on popular days we can get time slots where people will be hosting sessions to allow people to schedule their time around it. If you'd like to host, send me a PM to work out a time slot.

Record everything you guys do! It's a must to track progress! If you don't feel like doing that much, please at least record your fastest lap times on different combos for people to reference. It's extremely important and will be listed here in the OP.

The idea is to make the racing as consistent as possible across all the sessions. In order to do that we'll be suggesting every one uses the same field of cars (which will be listed here soon) and especially the same tune settings. Same pp, power, weight, tires, etc.

It's going to be more varied this year though, last year was a bit strict imho. We all swore up and down (at least I did) that the GT Academy officials wouldn't use cars like the GT500 GT-R and such, but they did, so we must prepare for everything.

Tires weren't as much of an issue as we thought they would be, so I think we could actually go more conservative this time around. Last year had every one train with different compounds and Nationals ended up only using Sport Hards and Racing Hards. But it's up to you, I'm sure some people benefited from using harder tires in races since it forces you to be more careful in packs and thus sharpens up your race craft.

But anyway, this begins now, so start adding each other, posting, scheduling, suggesting and most importantly, racing. Also, don't forget that virtual racing is just one element of National finals, you must also train your mind, body, and... soul? Yes, train your soul! It'll help you with stuff... like dirt in the mud, still want to get up and kick ass type of stuff. But yeah, can't help you with training up your soul, try therapy, maybe the Rumble Strip section. Actually, don't do that last thing.

How does this help?

Well, most importantly, you'll get to know your competitors, you'll get a feel for where you stand in terms of pace, race craft, etc and get a really good idea of what you need to work on (or how much to kick your feet up because you realize that you're awesomely fast now and you don't need to prepare for the gaming section - you lucky bas... guy!) This is especially useful for those that aren't making it to Nationals this year but want to train up with the best, because that's definitely the best way to improve.

The key thing will be variety, running cars you're not comfortable with, at new tracks or variations of tracks you might not have otherwise run, we're here to help everyone all get used to eachother's driving and racing styles.

Most of the time we'll be running short sprint races from 3 laps to around 10, depending on the track and the mood of the room of course. Easy drop-in drop-out topnotch racing!

Just gotta say though, we all have to watch out for each other as well.
This is a self-regulating organism.

If any of you encounter a driver that doesn't show the best of behavior, report it to me and I'll look into it. If I get the bandit confirmed, then he'll be put on a public shame list, never to be cool again.

We reserve the right to deny admittance to anyone.
No racecraft, no sportsmanship, no service.

Cars
This list is a temporary placeholder list for now, it will be updated again soon!

zvK83Iv.jpg

New, no oil changes.

Power - PP figures are at zero miles/kilometers with an oil change. Set the room to the displayed PP
  • Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) '02 - [246hp - 433pp]
  • Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 - [310hp - 456pp]
  • Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 - [331hp - 461pp]
  • Skyline GT-R V-Spec II NUR (R34) '02 - [336hp - 472pp]
  • SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) Touring Car '02 - [344hp - 522pp]
  • GT-R Black Edition '12 - [541hp - 546pp]
  • GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13 - [542hp - 609pp]
  • GT-R R35 Touring Car - [635hp - 629pp]
  • 2013 Deltawing sponsored by Nissan at LeMans 2012 - [344hp - 687pp]

Room Settings
This list is a temporary placeholder list, it will be updated again soon!

Click here to access the practice times spreadsheet:

(New sheet will be made soon)
Room Settings:
Room Comment - Anything with GTA on title
Race Type - Share Tips and Info
Race Quality - At least High
Fixed Room Host - No
Max Number of Participants - 12
Voice Chat - Disabled

Course Settings:
Depending on track. Races should generally run no longer than 10 minutes. Do run rain on occasion if available.

Race Settings:
Hold Races Automatically - Disabled
Pit Stops - 0
Start Type - Grid Start with False Start Check
Require Tire Type Change - Off
Grid Order - Fastest First
Race Finish Delay - 180 Seconds
Boost - Off
Visible Damage - Off
Penalty - None
Mechanical Damage - None
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption - Off
Slipstream Strength - Real
Grip Reduction - Real

Car Selection Method:
Method - Garage
Filter - Filter by Make
Country - Leave Blank
Manufacturer - Deltawing, Nissan

Filter by Performance:
PP Limit - TBD
Power Limit - TBD
Weight - TBD
Drivetrain - FR, 4WD
Tires - (stock)
Nitrous - Prohibited
Tuning - Prohibited

Limit Driving Options:
Skid Recovery Force - Prohibited
Active Steering - Prohibited
ASM - Prohibited
Driving Line - Prohibited
Traction Control - Prohibited
ABS - Available

Recommended race formats:
What we're looking to train most of all in these races is adaptability and "explosive speed."
In other words: we want the racing to vary and be unsettling. We don't want to keep running "favorite" combos too much, although throwing them in to break up monotony is always ok we don't want to trail off the focus here.

This is what the standard race should be like:
Drivers decide among themselves what car they would like to focus on, and for how long. Drivers can decide to work with one specific, difficult/problem, car for a few races, or decide to jump in to different cars for every race, up to the mood of the room. Same goes for tracks, there may be more technical or unusual tracks or combos that may do well to provide some longer focus on. That's great.

But after that's sorted, practice before races should absolutely be limited to a minimum, or none at all ideally, depends on the size of the room.

Ideally, the track should be voted on, people jump in and get 1-3 laps only to qualify (as per competition), then start the race (minimum race time of 4 minutes, maximum 20).

Be sure to stick around for a bit and leave some space in between races to let off necessary steam or criticism rather than compounding any negativity with racing causing problems on track.

We don't need no drama YA FEEL MEH.

Ok, great, carry on!

Add these names!

Here's the list of drivers to add, GTP forum name first / then PSN name. 52 drivers so far, going to stop taking entries at 80, also going to start deleting people from lists if they are inactive (race or post here at least once a week). If you have friends you'd like to get in on this, you must submit their names here and have them create forum accounts (or just have them submit if they're already set up here).

Pringles947 / PRINGLES_947

Louie_Schumii / LCachero_PHI_NZL

GTP_Chap89 / GTP_Chap89

Tidgney / GTP_Tidgney

metalslaw / m_e_t_a_l-SLAW-

gm matthew / GTP_gmmatthew

et_ / erazer13

rclark83 / rclark83

O_howell20 / O_howell20

Noborg / noobpeanut

Spurgy 777 / TRL_Spurgy777

Holty / GTP_Holty

Neovre / Neovre

Dimebag mex / GTMX-Dimebag

dgriffin28 / dgriffin28

Doodle / doodlemonoply

The Watcher / SMillar13

GTP_banksy05 / banksy_05

GTPGhost / GTP_GhostDriver

WillRacer31 / WillRacer31

Tyler Utley / Proper_T11

LLOYDZELITE69 / LLOYDZ_ELITE69

EpicGonzago / ATW_Hero

gt_adam_us / GT_ADAM_US

Glen Ivan / glenling

GTP_CargoRatt / cargorat323

gatordaryl / gatordaryl

dgaf95integra / GTP_Importlife

DBRS007 / DBRS007

VindictiveScrub / VindictiveScrub

redsoxboy80 / redsoxboy80

joshmuggo / joshmuggo

RaNze / SerEalkilla1

outlaw4rc / outlaw4rc

BanditKarter22 / GTP_BanditKarter22

d3uc3_dropp3r / x3n0-asx

GTP_Sniperwolph / Sniperwolph

Slalom / slalom823

Danimal780 / Danimal780

dgriffin28 / dgriffin28

Gojet / Gojet-64

Turok134 / Turok-134-

Glenalz81 / GTP_Glen

GumballCGT / GumballCGT

lapierre4 / lapierre4

TRC_LoCoArM3n / LoCoArM3n

Drew71 / Monster-Energy71

RealDeal / Real_n_Carrie

kremmen64 / Jackthelad1992

scca_ziptie / scca_ziptie

tguns16 / tguns16

Artifact1985 / Artifact1985

jpe138083 / jpe138083

Last edited:
Hi, I'd like to take part in some of these races! Sounds like fun and good place to see how much I need to improve to be competitive.
PSN: PRINGLES_947

I would really like to actually commentate on some of these races, and even show them on a livestream (Attempt to at least, see if the internet copes) otherwise I'll just record them live and upload them. I think this will add to pressure (Which you will feel at the final). If that's all good, I'll be happy to come on most nights to do this!

On a side note these races are very, very good practice and I highly recommend them, I have 2 myself that are on my channel from last year which were incredibly close.

On another side note and as an idea can we create a table of Names, Country, usual playing times, and anyone willing to host the lounges (I assume lounges are still based on a persons internet speed) I think this would be quite useful for organising events. Not sure what like but something like (I'm happy to help manage all this if you think it's a good idea).

Name || Country || Usual Playing Times || Willing to Host (Y/N)

I'm up for this having qualed thru the live event side of thing in Aus. Haven't done any online racing yet in gt6, having only bought the game 8 weeks ago, so now is a good time to start :)

I will only be able to join Aus and US servers, as the ping to Euro servers is always too high to race effectively. Hosting is out for me as I run on adsl with minimal upload bandwidth, which is already shared with another gamer in the house.

PSN : m_e_t_a_l-SLAW-

Cheers,
metal

/\ Thanks Tidgney for the guides mate :) /\

As with last year, count me in. PSN: GTP_gmmatthew

Here's my thoughts on what cars may be used for the regional finals. I came up with five cars that I considered most likely to appear:
  • Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
  • GT-R Black edition '12
  • GT-R GT500 '08
  • GT-R NISMO GT3 '13
  • GT-R R35 Touring Car (maybe)
To my knowledge, the three cars used at the UK national finals since 2011 were the tuned 370Z, the GT-R SpecV and the CALSONIC GT-R. The tuned 370Z doesn't exist in GT6, so that's out. The GT-R SpecV was the newest model of the GT-R at the time, though it's been succeeded by the GT-R Black edition, though they still used the SpecV in 2012 and 2013 (probably because it was available with GT Academy branding in GT5).

Given the lack of the tuned 370Z, I think there's a good chance the regular 370Z (Fairlady Z Z34) could appear. I'm sure the GT-R NISMO GT3 will appear, it's appeared in a couple of live events already and is the car that the GT Academy champions will drive in the Blancpain Endurance Series. The GT-R R35 Touring Car showed up at the 2013 UK national finals so who knows, it could pop up again.

The Skyline Coupe and Skyline GT-R R34, to my knowledge, have never been used in any of the regional finals, and the 350Z (Fairlady Z Z33) hasn't been used since 2008 since it's been succeeded by the 370Z (Z34).

Count me in O_howell20 9 tenths off Qualifying this year didn't get a play station till round 3 tho. Need all the practice I can get for next year.

I'm up for it, even though I probably won't qualify, always like to compare myself in stock cars to good driver...GTP_Holty

I don't have much to contribute to this yet, looking forward to running with you guys nonetheless.

PSN: Neovre

I'm up for it, even though I probably won't qualify, always like to compare myself in stock cars to good driver...GTP_Holty

Have been keeping up on your times throughout the rounds, you were flying man, way faster than when I first met you.

Have been keeping up on your times throughout the rounds, you were flying man, way faster than when I first met you.

Haha cheers! When did you first see me, because I don't feel like I've improved too much in the last few months and I've only had a steering wheel for a year and a bit? I could have gone quicker in the earlier rounds but I had my masters project/ finals uni exams at the same time, so only put in a few hours into each!

This final round I haven't put everything into it, only around a 1000 miles because I don't feel properly prepared nor do I know if I could actually attend the race camp because of a job starting around September time!

Next year, I'm giving it my all. I'll be doing plenty of track days/karting and exercise! My current experience of karting just twice may just not be enough:lol:

I would like to take part in this. I am new to Gt Planet and this is my first year to really give the academy a shot. I will need guidance as to what to do in the next few days. Hope to race with ya soon.

psn: dgriffin28

I'm opening a public lobby, if you want to join, type GTP or something in the chat when you join, unless I know you of course :P Will post number shortly.

1472-4710-9952-5902-1077

Back