2014 News and Discussion Thread Worldwide

United Kingdom
Near Reading, Uk
JohnSchoonsBeard
As requested by @Wardez this thread is for news and general discussion for all regions.

People can also use the thread if they want to share non Alien results from all over the world. If you're remotely Extra Terrestrial (top 50 in your region, are badly affected by close proximity to kryptonite or simply have googly eyes) you'll have to engage hyperdrive to your region specific thread :)

Good luck to everyone starting Monday 21st April.

Does anyone have a tuning for the 370z on gt6, that mimics the car from last year's GTA? I have seen some random posts about 350-400hp and SH tyres, but having never competed before, I really don't know if the car I am training on has any resemblance to the cars of years' past.....

Does anyone have a tuning for the 370z on gt6, that mimics the car from last year's GTA? I have seen some random posts about 350-400hp and SH tyres, but having never competed before, I really don't know if the car I am training on has any resemblance to the cars of years' past.....

To be fair it doesn't really matter, just practicing general nissans would be enough as the car that'll be used this year may very well be different!

Good luck for everyone/anyone aiming for their respective national finals and beyond, and hope everyone has fun, finals or not! This will be my first proper attempt to reach the finals but it's gunna be hard work I'm sure. Looking forward to next week already! :cheers::gtpflag:

Has anyone tried running the 370z on SH tyres at Silverstone since GT6 came out. What sort of comparative times did you do v GTA from last year? Does it feel the same? I wonder if grip is reduced in GTA time trials compared to the game?

Has anyone tried running the 370z on SH tyres at Silverstone since GT6 came out. What sort of comparative times did you do v GTA from last year? Does it feel the same? I wonder if grip is reduced in GTA time trials compared to the game?

Yea, I have, for like the last few weeks. Don't recall my times at this point as my PS3 isn't fired up at the moment. As for the physics, I can't really recall what they felt like in last years Academy as that was a year ago and I couldn't make a fair comparison. But yea, been running 6-8 hour stints at Silverstone for the past few weeks just getting prepared.

I have an interesting question, I'm just editing a video currently and was suddenly reminded that the GT Academy video said 30 countries.

Now I've only counted 26 so far (Unless I've miscounted or missed somebody off);

North America - USA, Canada (2)
Germany (1)
Europe - Belguim, France, Czech Republic, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, UK (12)
International - Australia, India, Mexico, Thailand, UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Kuwait (11)

12+11+2+1 = 26.

I'm assuming there's a couple of countries to either be announced or they are getting their own competitions later in the year :)?

Actually I've just been reminded about Brazil as I wrote this so that's 27!

Will the "outsider" countrys (like my country Slovenia) be allowed to participate in the GT Academy with the times ignored (i would still like some prize cars if they will be awarded)?

How was that sorted in 2012/2013.

Will the "outsider" countrys (like my country Slovenia) be allowed to participate in the GT Academy with the times ignored (i would still like some prize cars if they will be awarded)?

How was that sorted in 2012/2013.
Countries that weren't counted in the actual competition will be still be able to do the events and see the rankings, and get any prize cars, but just not be counted towards the actual academy.

I have an interesting question, I'm just editing a video currently and was suddenly reminded that the GT Academy video said 30 countries.

Now I've only counted 26 so far (Unless I've miscounted or missed somebody off);

North America - USA, Canada (2)
Germany (1)
Europe - Belguim, France, Czech Republic, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, UK (12)
International - Australia, India, Mexico, Thailand, UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Kuwait (11)

12+11+2+1 = 26.

I'm assuming there's a couple of countries to either be announced or they are getting their own competitions later in the year :)?

Actually I've just been reminded about Brazil as I wrote this so that's 27!

Brazil is not confirmed, so you are back to 26 for now. All the confirmation we have right now is that towards the end of the teaser video the country gets highlighted on the globe image.

Hi guys i'm open this post, for you can say how to prepare for the event.
For example, what circuit train? Which car you get? etc
Thaks 👍👍

Can anyone tell me where the physical tests would take place? I'm from India so I wanted to know if the physical tests would take place here itself or somewhere else?

Full Terms and Conditions are now up it looks like! Check your countries out UK for example is below;

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/academy/2014/terms/

@Wardez just reading the rules and was thinking about Australia and perhaps getting round the rules it states in the UK one;

(j)not have competed at the GT Academy Race Camp stage (or equivalent or similar stages) in any previous GT Academy competition.

So I assume that, that disappears?

Last edited:
for the people that entered the territory finals in previous GT Academy's, are they not allowed to enter this years? Has the been a rule previously that stated people that entered the territory finals can't enter this year? because i thought it was if you entered boot camp that you couldn't participate again.

also looks like i can't enter because i don't have a drivers license :(

i might be confusing 'boot camp' or 'race camp' with 'territory final' are they the same thing?

And are the mini games necessary for GT Academy competitors or are they just some fun?

Is the round 3 time going to be considered too?
As the rules and regulations are displayed

Round 3 Gold! :)

Not a perfect run by any means but it shows you that you can make a mistake or two and get gold.

all AIDS off except ABS, ABS is set to 3.

for the people that entered the territory finals in previous GT Academy's, are they not allowed to enter this years? Has the been a rule previously that stated people that entered the territory finals can't enter this year? because i thought it was if you entered boot camp that you couldn't participate again.

also looks like i can't enter because i don't have a drivers license :(

i might be confusing 'boot camp' or 'race camp' with 'territory final' are they the same thing?

And are the mini games necessary for GT Academy competitors or are they just some fun?

Boot camp and territory finals are different :). Boot camp is the European finals for the UK, while territory is the national final and currently you can have unlimited entrances to the national finals :)! Go get your drivers licence! Me and Dan in 2011 had only just qualified driving licence wise for that, and Neil last year hadn't had his for long!

Oh wow, apparently now using the rumble strip is deemed to be disqualified :boggled:
And you don't have to actually be off the the track to be red lapped :eek:
You get disqualified if you simply go over the white line:nervous:
Will get gold and leave this ridiculous competition:irked:

Heres hoping the final round is going to be in some sort of race car (GT500 or GT3). Really don't like these micky mouse cars they've been using for all the GTA's

Boot camp and territory finals are different :). Boot camp is the European finals for the UK, while territory is the national final and currently you can have unlimited entrances to the national finals :)! Go get your drivers licence! Me and Dan in 2011 had only just qualified driving licence wise for that, and Neil last year hadn't had his for long!
Cheers Tidgney. yeah i'm going to do a fast track driving course and get in done in about a week or so. so does that mean you will be competing this year?

also I will be 18 on June 4th, i didn't see anywhere that says you have to be 18 by a certain date. anyone know?

Cheers Tidgney. yeah i'm going to do a fast track driving course and get in done in about a week or so. so does that mean you will be competing this year?

also I will be 18 on June 4th, i didn't see anywhere that says you have to be 18 by a certain date. anyone know?

I can't compete as I was at boot camp last year :(! I was failed on purpose in my first test (Even according to my instructor lol) so I had to do like yourself a fast track when I heard GT Academy came back in 2011, make sure you pass :)! With regards to age I believe aslongs your 18 at the nationals I think you'll be fine but don't take my word for it!

Hi guys, someone who has been on the finals can explain how they are? I mean, how the selection process works and those kind of things. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to be on the national finals, I'm just curious.

Hey guys I was just wondering before round 3 started when that gt academy terms and conditions tab opens up you are allowed to participate only if you accept the terms right?ie check that small box.Cause I don't remember if I did lol :P.

Back