2014 Petrobras Brazilian Grand Prix

United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
Coming off the back of the US Grand Prix we head south to Brazil. Where we will still only have 18 cars on the grid but if last weekends race is anything to go by, it should be a great one. Eventhough this is the dress rehearsal for the final race of the season, it's still set to be a good one. Are you ready for the Brazilian Grand Prix?

interlagos.png

Event date: 7-9 November 2014
Number of Laps: 71
Circuit Length: 4.309 km (2.677 mi)
Race Distance: 305.909km (190.067mi)
Lap Record: 1:11.473 Juan Pablo Montoya (Williams) - 2004

2013 Podium:
1st - Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
2nd - Mark Webber - Red Bull
3rd - Fernando Alonso - Ferrari

Sky Sports Classic Races;

Wednesday - 2003
Thursday - 2007
Friday - None
Saturday - 1986 & 1991

It makes sense, it is (or was) one of the worst pit entries from a safety point of view, along with Montreal.

The "straight" itself isn't much better. That's a good cue for Webber/Alonso 2003, right? :)

Keep an eye on Nico Hulkenberg. If it rains at Interlagos and the track is slippery but not entirely wet, he turns a poor car into a pole sitter or a race winner (if he doesn't crash into Hamilton). Just a random fact :).

Keep an eye on Nico Hulkenberg. If it rains at Interlagos and the track is slippery but not entirely wet, he turns a poor car into a pole sitter or a race winner (if he doesn't crash into Hamilton). Just a random fact :).
Earlier in the season I'd have thought it possible but in recent races, Force India seem to have gone backwards. Mind you it was always a strong likelihood. They started off the year brilliantly, but simply didn't have the resources to out-develop McLaren and Ferrari in the end.

If pit entry cutting won't be allowed, wouldn't this race be held on a new configuration and the old lap record be invalid for this configuration.

If pit entry cutting won't be allowed, wouldn't this race be held on a new configuration and the old lap record be invalid for this configuration.
No, because the layout hasn't changed - only the pit entry has. It's been moved off the racing line entirely. The drivers will still be free to take the normal line through Arquibancadas because the pit entry won't be there.

Earlier in the season I'd have thought it possible but in recent races, Force India seem to have gone backwards. Mind you it was always a strong likelihood. They started off the year brilliantly, but simply didn't have the resources to out-develop McLaren and Ferrari in the end.

Yes, I know it's very unlikely. But in both cases I've mentioned Hulkenberg was driving for a mid-table team, just like his Force India this year. And he have been able to take pole position with a full second gap on the 2nd in 2010 and to lead the GP for almost half of the race in 2012; absolutely remarkable. Rain is predicted for the entire weekend, so I think he has a good chance for a good result, given the special feeling he has with this track when it rains.

Yes, I know it's very unlikely. But in both cases I've mentioned Hulkenberg was driving for a mid-table team, just like his Force India this year. And he have been able to take pole position with a full second gap on the 2nd in 2010 and to lead the GP for almost half of the race in 2012; absolutely remarkable. Rain is predicted for the entire weekend, so I think he has a good chance for a good result, given the special feeling he has with this track when it rains.
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for him that he gets a good result nonetheless; he deserves it. It would be somewhat understandable if he was getting frustrated about his continued shafting by the top teams, but he hasn't been. He's kept his head down, and kept delivering. In fact I wonder if the other Nico on the grid could take some lessons in mentality from this guy! :lol:

Believe it or not, looks like our famous State Legislature might show up...

View attachment 250112

More like MALDONADO for STATE SPONSORSHIP, amirite?

Vote for Alexander Rossi!
- He'll cut costs by not really running!

I know it's been 2 years now but did someone remind Raikkonen that the gate is closed and to participate in the track walk?

Nothing wrong with clinching an old alignment, but one should really do that during the free practice sessions.

To me it was fine the way it was, I guess the FIA doesn't like challenging high speed pit entries.

It was fine, it just wasn't that safe. If someone was limping back into the pit lane it was possible for someone to come flying up the back of them. Having the pit entry on the racing line just isn't ideal, and the new one really doesn't do anything to take away the character of the track. I think it's a good change.

Agree with the above, and it also completely removes the grey area seen last season with drivers crossing the white line with 2 wheels or 4 wheels.

I guess the FIA doesn't like challenging high speed pit entries.

Normally you're very pro-safety in terms of run-offs and car improvements... I agree with @Imari that the character of the track hasn't been changed. Anything that keeps old-school tracks in use is good, in my opinion.

Normally you're very pro-safety in terms of run-offs and car improvements... I agree with @Imari that the character of the track hasn't been changed. Anything that keeps old-school tracks in use is good, in my opinion.
To me it's more dangerous than what it was originally, that barrier that is curved near the pits seems concerning.

To me it's more dangerous than what it was originally, that barrier that is curved near the pits seems concerning.
The fact it is curved is most reassuring; it's the sharp, pointy ended barriers, that you need to worry about. Hit one of those and it will rip through your car like tin foil. Also it's an energy asorbing tyre barrier, so it's up to FIA safety standards.

The fact it is curved is most reassuring; it's the sharp, pointy ended barriers, that you need to worry about. Hit one of those and it will rip through your car like tin foil. Also it's an energy asorbing tyre barrier, so it's up to FIA safety standards.
Oh okay.

Latest Posts

Back