2014 William FW36 my eyes no longer hurt Thanks Martini

Williams don't have many sponsors. Leaving the space shows this. Also says to would be sponsors: "We have room for you on our car, come get us!"
They haven't had many sponsors on the sidepods in recent years. For some reason, they seem averse to it.

W2Q9516.jpg
Racing suit with stripes...beautiful...

I quite like the livery. It's not what I would have done - I would have had the Martini stripes on top of the sidepods, and would have added larger sponsor logos all round - but I still like it.

I quite like the livery. It's not what I would have done - I would have had the Martini stripes on top of the sidepods, and would have added larger sponsor logos all round - but I still like it.

It's probably limited because Martini hasn't paid them all that much. If this year goes well and Martini stays on, I imagine the logo and lines will be a lot more pronounced on the livery.

^This. Had Virgin thrown a bit more cash at Brawn F1, then I'm sure their branding would have been more prominent. And bear in mind that Brawn F1 had little or no other sponsorship.

brawn-sepang1.jpg

will-fw36-martini-2014-3.jpg

Similar much? Also, another surprise world beater? ;)

Last edited:
Oh jesus that's a good looking car. Hopefully Massa and Bottas can get the car up the grid so we can actually see it on tele!

Had Virgin thrown a bit more cash at Brawn F1, then I'm sure their branding would have been more prominent.
They wanted to, but they were looking for a full title sponsorship deal, with the team adopting Virgin as its constructor name - which Ross Brawn did not want to do.

Wow that looks amazing. The minimalistic approach definitely pays off in F1

It's probably limited because Martini hasn't paid them all that much. If this year goes well and Martini stays on, I imagine the logo and lines will be a lot more pronounced on the livery.
The going rate for sponsor prominence is not fixed. Teams are free to charge as much or as little as they like. And when Williams were taking money from PDVSA, the logos were barely bigger than the Martini ones currently are, even though the PDVSA deal was said to be worth $40 million. I doubt Martini & Rossi are paying that much.

For some reason, Williams don't like putting sponsor logos on their sidepods. They haven't done it for years.

Oh jesus that's a good looking car. Hopefully Massa and Bottas can get the car up the grid so we can actually see it on tele!

I want it to happen so Massa can say a big middle finger to Ferrari.

Finding it really hard to solely support my team and drivers when these other groups have some great underdog stories. I mean I want to support Williams, FI and Daniel beat Vettel, as well as Marussia get a single point.

With the ultimate being a WCC for Mercedes and WDC for Lewis or Nico.

*don't tell anyone but I'm rooting more for Lewis

Last edited:
I want it to happen so Massa can say a big middle finger to Ferrari.

Finding it really hard to solely support my team and drivers when these other groups have some great underdog stories. I mean I want to support Williams, FI and Daniel beat Vettel, as well as Marussia get a single point.

With the ultimate being a WCC for Mercedes and WDC for Lewis or Nico.

*don't tell anyone but I'm rooting more for Lewis

haha, me too! Rosberg fans are definitely in the majority now, guess people are upset at Hamilton for the #blessed hashtag and his past, which is dumb imo. I'll always be rooting for Hami, he's my guy and I definitely think he has it in the bag. People think Nico's a threat because of last year, but we'll see the real gap this year.

But I'd still be really happy with Nico getting it, just a friendly rivalry for me, nothing bad against him! And it would be really nice for Massa to be ahead of Ferrari in his new team. Gonna be a great season.

haha, me too! Rosberg fans are definitely in the majority now, guess people are upset at Hamilton for the #blessed hashtag and his past, which is dumb imo. I'll always be rooting for Hami, he's my guy and I definitely think he has it in the bag. People think Nico's a threat because of last year, but we'll see the real gap this year.

But I'd still be really happy with Nico getting it, just a friendly rivalry for me, nothing bad against him! And it would be really nice for Massa to be ahead of Ferrari in his new team. Gonna be a great season.

Well it's like Dale Junior for me I followed him in his Busch series days and still do. I followed Hami since F3 and more so GP2 days and still follow him so I can't just abandon him because he is human, people get too caught up with it.

I think he'll beat Nico because it's a more driver's car setup now, having to deal with torque and speed and not all about strategy like last years. I think Massa will thrive with this car and Williams made good choices in technical grabs, and as long as they progress with it the only threat I see to Hami this year is his team mate, Massa ah la 2008 form perhaps, but also Hulkenberg and perhaps Ferrari..

Last edited:
They sure as hell aren't paying to be put on the "schlong" part of the nose, thats for sure. :P

It's actually traditional for Williams to put Senna on the nose as he died driving a Williams.

I love the new livery, I'm glad to see at least one major livery change (apart from Mclaren) for a car this season. Can't wait to see what they'll look like on TV

Last edited:
Back