2015 24H Dubai - General Discussion | Jan. 8-9-10

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 67 comments
Not a single GT3 R8 LMS in the field, guess my bet is on Bernd Schneider and Black Falcon taking the crown again. That lineup is definitely the quickest one on grid. Lechner Racing 997 also has a quality driver grouping. Its a shame another BMW Z4 did not register, with both Yelmer Buurman and Jörg Müller attending the event, two well versed Z4 drivers are present.

Did something change in GT3 BoP or is there another reason why the GT3 field is dominated with SLS entries?

Did something change in GT3 BoP or is there another reason why the GT3 field is dominated with SLS entries?

I've followed Erebus Motorsport GT for 3 seasons. Maybe one reason is, each new driver that has hopped in their SLS for the first time, has said it is easy to drive. And easy to drive fast.

I'm rooting for GT Academy to pull off an overall win.
I also want Boutsen Ginion racing with the Maserati to win SP2.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/01/07/fiore-receives-last-gasp-dubai-24-hour-call/

The Western Australian will join the MARC Cars Australia squad for the twice round the clock classic at the Dubai Autodrome as a replacement for Tony Quinn.

Fiore, who partnered Michael Caruso for the V8 Supercars Pirtek Enduro Cup last season, will pilot the #92 MARC Ford Focus V8 alongside former BTCC driver James Kaye, Qatar Radical sportscar ace Amro Al-Hamad and Touring Car Masters racer Tony Karanfilovski.

The MARC Cars Australia team will field two more Focus V8s in the race with the #91 car set to be driven by Keith Kassulke, Tony Alford, Peter Leemhuis and Porsche Carrera Cup driver Duvashen Padayachee.

I didn't realize the race started in 5 hours. Did they change the start time? In any case, since I work tomorrow I'm going to miss most of the race. :(

In on this to see how Ricardo does, I'm really interested. I'll hop in at about 6:00 am sharp.

They are clearing the grid now. Two warm up laps and then the start in about 16 minutes.

My first race as a fan of the 24 Hour Series. Loving the coverage on the website courtesy of Radio Le Mans. Since getting a tablet at Christmas I am able to watch it even when I am not on my PC. The good thing about it from the viewpoint of a fan is it polarizes support. With so many entries you are best following particular teams/cars. As a fan of Ferrari and Aston Martin I will be following the Ferrari and Aston Martin teams in he A6 Pro and Am classes, and of course the Triple Eight BMW's and Prec-Spark Mercedes. Both teams field an all British line-up.

Thanks to a works schedule in the early AM hours, I got up at 1:30AM my time to watch the race. Loving that a Corvette and Aston are running close to the front. Kind of disappointed there are no McLaren or R8 LMS entries though, just one R8 road car.

Great opening stint by Florian, second in class. :cheers:
Gaetan is doing well running steady 2'04s and back into 4th, looking good so far. :cool:
And now Gaetan passes for 3rd, man this is a great race so far for the GTA squad. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Spectating Dubai-style.
B66ERfZCIAA65qk.jpg:large

Tuning in just now. I don't have an idea of what I'm watching really, so I'll just root for the GTA guys and whatever car I find pretty :lol:

EDIT: wtffffff with the post above :lol:

Since I'm watching and working, lol, and my work involves, well, sound, I have the race at a very low volume, and I could not stop what I was doing when the Mercedes went to hell. What happened to it? I just saw the mess, ambulances and stuff.

EDIT: I'm done it seems. When the transmission went from You Tube to whateverthehell is in now, the computer at work won't play it -___-

Last edited:
Back