2015 Best Gaming Year?

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 31 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
2015 is looking really amazing and let me show you why... here are some of the upcoming games that are coming out in 2015.

Wild
Final Fantasy XV
Persona 5
Metal Gear Solid 5
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
The Order 1886
Bloodborne
Star Wars Battlefront
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Rise of Tomb Raider
Mortal Kombat X
Tekken 7
Street Fighter V
No Man's Sky
Halo 5
Quantum Break
The Division
Rainbow Six: Siege
Assassin's Creed Victory
Batman Arkham Knight
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
Battlefield Hardline
Dying Light
Evolve
Dead Island 2
Project CARS
The Legend of Zelda Wii U
Until Dawn
Resident Evil Revelations
Tearaway PS4

Unconfirmed 2015 games

Gran Turismo 7
Kingdom Hearts III
Silent Hills
Forza Motorsport 6
Need For Speed 2015
Call of Duty 2015
God of War IV (Santa Monica is working on it)

and there's more, What do you think of the year 2015 in Gaming?

2015 is looking really amazing and let me show you why... here are some of the upcoming games that are coming out in 2015.

Metal Gear Solid 5
Star Wars Battlefront
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
No Man's Sky
Project CARS
The Legend of Zelda Wii U
Tearaway PS4

Unconfirmed 2015 games

Gran Turismo 7
Kingdom Hearts III
Silent Hills
Forza Motorsport 6
and there's more, What do you think of the year 2015 in Gaming?

Left the games I am excited about in 2015, it is pretty decent but still nothing amazing in my opinion. Another few games I am excited about:

Starfox
Disgaea 5
Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush
Yoshi's Wooly World
Splatoon
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Mario Maker
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Monster Hunter 4
Codename: S.T.E.A.M
and Fat Princess Adventures

2007 was one of the best gaming years IMO. 2014 was one of the worst gaming years IMO. 2015 is indeed looking quite nice. Just about anything will be better than 2014. Lets just hope the majority of the games in 2015 are actually finished before being released.

Metal Gear Solid 5
Star Wars Battlefront
Quantum Break
The Division
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
Battlefield Hardline
Dying Light
Evolve
Dead Island 2
Project CARS
Resident Evil Revelations
Broke down your list for what I'm excited for. I think Starwars:Battlefront is taking top of the line for me though. My gf has been wanting me to get some Co-op games, and her being a Star Wars freak, that would be the best bet.

Unconfirmed 2015 games
Forza Motorsport 6
T10 never seemed to sway from their two year dev time, so thats a given :P

Another few games I am excited about:

Starfox
Aw I didnt even know this was going on, is it a Wii U exclusive?

Broke down your list for what I'm excited for. I think Starwars:Battlefront is taking top of the line for me though. My gf has been wanting me to get some Co-op games, and her being a Star Wars freak, that would be the best bet.

Yup! http://www.latinospost.com/articles...-u-release-date-gameplay-game-feel-really.htm

Basically no info right now but slated for 2015.

Ah the Wii U is getting more tempting :( I like super smash but didnt want to get it for that game alone, but now that this is coming around I'm considering diving in.
If Smash is the only other game you are interested in then yeah, that must be a tough decision...if there was any reason to buy a Wii U it would be Smash. To decide if it's worth it, you really just have to look at the entire library as to not regret your purchase. I'd say out of all 3 consoles at the current moment, the Wii U has the best games right now(and the critics agree) however with Nintendo games it is totally down to your opinion about how highly you rate outright fun, because that's what the U delivers over graphical 'fidelity'(although the plus-side is most exclusives run at 60FPS).

If you start to consider it more I'd be happy to tell you the kind of games I've felt have made the purchase worthwhile,and it has been a worthwhile buy, I'm getting my PS4 in 8 days but it's to go alongside the wii u, not replace it!

Last edited:

The list is not in order.

Ok? What are you talking about?
Just putting it out there so people don't get confused, the list i mentioned in the OP is not in order, it's randomly placed.

My top would be Persona 5 without a doubt, Persona games skipped the PS3 life, last one came out in 2008 so i can't wait to see the first gameplay from the game.

Just putting it out there so people don't get confused, the list i mentioned in the OP is not in order, it's randomly placed.
In what order? I still dont follow. I can see that its not in any kind of order.

In what order? I still dont follow. I can see that its not in any kind of order.
I think he's trying to say that list is just randomly put together. If he was ranking the games by what he's looking forward to the most it would be different.:) But maybe I misunderstood:lol:

I think he's trying to say that list is just randomly put together. If he was ranking the games by what he's looking forward to the most it would be different.:) But maybe I misunderstood:lol:
I just thought it odd as I never mentioned anything about it being in a specific order :lol:. Even less so when I broke it down and removed some of the games to make my own list.

What do you think of the year 2015 in Gaming?
I've learned to not judge games based on previews and trailers and the like. Too many games in recent history looked incredibly promising and ended up being utterly disappointing... So, I'll answer that question in a year's time :lol:

Plus, there are maybe two or three games on the list that I even care about, so I'm not all that excited in the firs place...

I've learned to not judge games based on previews and trailers and the like. Too many games in recent history looked incredibly promising and ended up being utterly disappointing... So, I'll answer that question in a year's time :lol:

Plus, there are maybe two or three games on the list that I even care about, so I'm not all that excited in the firs place...
Probably the best attitude since 90% of developers these days can't be 🤬 releasing a full product on release. :lol:

MGS V, GTA V, Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, Kerbal Space Program and maybe Wreckfest, BeamNG.drive and Just Cause 3, all on PC. The funny thing about that is GTA V, PCARS and KSP have been out for at least a year already... Sort of. I'll almost certainly upgrade my PC this year, assuming I find the cash for it.

Side note: is GTA V the only game in existence to be released once a year across three consecutive years?

Probably Rainbow Six and The Devision for me, those really impressed me. I would say Project Cars but I have it on my PC for so long now, I feel I'm already done with it..

Oh and I must not forget No Man's Sky. I think that is a great stoner game :)

You can take Street Fighter V off the list. The game is 20% done, and it will nowhere be ready for a 2015 release since Capcom releases their Street Fighter titles a few months before EVO. It is currently projected to have a March 2016 release.

One more thing, Final Fantasy XV has no official release date, so that can go off the "confirmed for 2015 list" as well. It is getting a demo with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD when that releases in March in the US.

Yeah like Classic said, they're lots more stunning games not on that list, I liked 2013 alot due to the fact I played 3 of the best games I've played recently (TLOU,GTA,Bioshock) and it was a GT year also.

but yeah 2015 seems on paper atleast to have incredible games all year long, the PS4 and PC especially are shaping up to be great places to game.

Kingdom of Hearts 3 is confirmed for December 2015.
Just was posted 3 hours ago.

I organized the games into genres

RPG
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Deep Down
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Final Fantasy XV
Persona 5
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, The

Action/Adventure
Assassin's Creed Victory
Bloodborne
Dead Island 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Legend of Zelda Wii U, The
Metal Gear Solid 5
Quantum Break
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Ucharted 4: A Thief's End

Survival Horror
Dying Light
Until Dawn

Shooter
Battlefield Hardline
Division, The
Evolve
Halo 5
Order 1886, The
Star Wars Battlefront

Puzzle
Witness, The

Fighting
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Mortal Kombat X
Street Fighter V
Tekken 7

Racing
Project CARS

Science Ficton / Space Exploration
No Man's Sky

Remaster
Devil May Cry Definitive Edition
Resident Evil HD

2015 Possible Announcements
God of War IV
Gran Turismo 7
Media Molecule PS4 Sculpting Game
Need For Speed Project
Quantic Dream Game
Ratchet & Clank

I'm really looking forward to diving into Starbound with its next update (hopefully January) and seeing how it evolves beyond that, and it's looking like 2015 will continue the Wii U's great year in 2014: Project CARS, Yoshi's Woolly World, Zelda Wii U, Mario Maker...maybe Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon...and hopefully we'll see something of The '90s Arcade Racer, FAST Racing Neo, and other indies lurking on the horizon.

Not to knock it, but Shirrako's list highlights how I disengaged I am with the Playstation/Xbox world. Aside from the two games I named above, the one I've looked at is Wild, because you can play as a wolf, of course.

I'm really looking forward to diving into Starbound with its next update (hopefully January) and seeing how it evolves beyond that, and it's looking like 2015 will continue the Wii U's great year in 2014: Project CARS, Yoshi's Woolly World, Zelda Wii U, Mario Maker...maybe Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon...and hopefully we'll see something of The '90s Arcade Racer, FAST Racing Neo, and other indies lurking on the horizon.

Not to knock it, but Shirrako's list highlights how I disengaged I am with the Playstation/Xbox world. Aside from the two games I named above, the one I've looked at is Wild, because you can play as a wolf, of course.
Yeah, it's a shame that when looking at the list there wasn't many games that really caught my eye, but then again as far as 3rd party publishers* go I pretty much totally ignore them. The major ones, anyway.

Last edited:
Yes, I forgot about RIDE, though I'm cautiously optimistic about it.
...as far as 3rd party developers go I pretty much totally ignore them. The major ones, anyway.
It's the publishers who are the problem; I think that's what you meant? They can strangle any otherwise promising title.

Yes, I forgot about RIDE, though I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

It's the publishers who are the problem; I think that's what you meant? They can strangle any otherwise promising title.
Sorry, typo. :lol:

Project CARS, Hardline, MGS 5 and Battlefront are my main picks. Id have to leave it at 4 though because I could list countless of games that im intrested in including Dead Island 2, Uncharted 4, RS:Siege and the division.
(Sorry couldnt resist) :D

No Mans Sky and F1 2015 are my mildly intrested games.

And ofcourse GT7 will trump everything if it does indeed release this year.

Back