2015 Fantasy/Prediction Formula 1: The Finale

Ooh I'm up for this. Not quite understanding the CP system although I'm quite tired atm so will probably be clear when I re-read tomorrow. Picked :)

Ooh I'm up for this. Not quite understanding the CP system although I'm quite tired atm so will probably be clear when I re-read tomorrow. Picked :)

CP system is the same as it has been with the game in past seasons, the only thing I did is take @Northstar 's idea from the special mini f1 fantasy game last year and gave everyone CP. A consecutive pick means you can pick a driver so long as you have the token to do so. In other words if you picked Nico Rosberg this weekend and he finished the race, then next GP you can't pick him unless you have a CP. This ensure that people don't just go for the obvious best drivers and basically get the same points as everyone else. Rather you have to think out your plays so you can stay on top through the season.

Hope it clears things up 👍

Thanks for joining us.

Why are we doing these races?

It's my version of the triple crown, since they all fall around close to Monaco, they are all massive races internationally and hold a ton of lineage too. Also it's nice for people to get extra points if they're struggling early on.

As I said we can change these around before the next gp when the rules are finalized.

Im not so keen on attempting to pick drivers in NASCAR, Indy and WEC - some people follow those series way more than others, which would give them an advantage. The thing we have in common in this thread is that we are here for F1.
Just my opinion, I thought I would put it forward. At the same time, I won't throw my toys out of the pram if the consensus is to keep them.

Im not so keen on attempting to pick drivers in NASCAR, Indy and WEC - some people follow those series way more than others, which would give them an advantage. The thing we have in common in this thread is that we are here for F1.
Just my opinion, I thought I would put it forward. At the same time, I won't throw my toys out of the pram if the consensus is to keep them.

Thanks for the input

CP system is the same as it has been with the game in past seasons, the only thing I did is take @Northstar 's idea from the special mini f1 fantasy game last year and gave everyone CP. A consecutive pick means you can pick a driver so long as you have the token to do so. In other words if you picked Nico Rosberg this weekend and he finished the race, then next GP you can't pick him unless you have a CP. This ensure that people don't just go for the obvious best drivers and basically get the same points as everyone else. Rather you have to think out your plays so you can stay on top through the season.

Hope it clears things up 👍

Thanks for joining us.

Perfect, all clear now. That is indeed an interesting system, differs it from other prediction games which is great :) Thanks for running it!

NASCAR is a major problem to choose, as it is really only followed by Americans. I have no idea who to choose for it. We're doing an F1 fantasy series, so we all know about F1. Just keep it at that.

I'm happy with the Triple Crown idea, I don't happen to follow NASCAR, IndyCar or Endurance racing, although I used to follow NASCAR and IndyCar.

I think it spices things up a bit, which after qualifying today could be very well needed by Monaco as Mercedes go win after win and it's a best of the rest battle.

Another thing too is, as with F1, there's no guaranteed winner in NASCAR or IndyCar, the big favourite could crash out early and a person nobody expected to win could snatch it, which could disadvantage the people who follow those series.

Anyway, just my two cents, whatever the case may be I'm not overly bothered.

I didn't know the Coca-Cola 600 is massive internationally. I don't even know what track it's at.

It was either that or the Pepsi 400 at Daytona, which I'm sure you do know.

Well so far we have 2 not wanting this and 1 wanting this. For those participating I'd appreciate if you would mail me your choice (since I don't want to do a poll) if you want the new triple crown or not. However, keep in mind that this is an opportunity to branch out and watch other series while claiming points that you may struggle to get due to the already visible pecking order starting to form.

Also like in the real racing, the triple crown isn't three F1 races, but rather seen as Monaco, Indy, and Le Mans with others considering Daytona as the others from time to time. Since we're already voting on Monaco, I felt giving it more priority over all the other F1 circus events was wrong.

Last edited:
Bottas out of the race with a back injury he suffered in Q3, if Williams are allowed a replacement driver to take part (we don't know if they are yet) will that drivers points be credited to Bottas?, I want to know as I picked him as many others did I'm sure...

It was either that or the Pepsi 400 at Daytona, which I'm sure you do know.

Well so far we have 2 not wanting this and 1 wanting this. For those participating I'd appreciate if you would mail me your choice (since I don't want to do a poll) if you want the new triple crown or not. However, keep in mind that this is an opportunity to branch out and watch other series while claiming points that you may struggle to get due to the already visible pecking order starting to form.

Also like in the real racing, the triple crown isn't three F1 races, but rather seen as Monaco, Indy, and Le Mans with others considering Daytona as the others from time to time. Since we're already voting on Monaco, I felt giving it more priority over all the other F1 circus events was wrong.
I like the triple crown idea :)

Bottas out of the race with a back injury he suffered in Q3, if Williams are allowed a replacement driver to take part (we don't know if they are yet) will that drivers points be credited to Bottas?, I want to know as I picked him as many others did I'm sure...

Yes it is only fair, since we didn't know this was going to happen. Just like if Sauber hadn't raced this weekend I would have allowed those who picked them to change their pick. You guys are good don't worry about it. If Williams don't get a replacement we must decide on a solution that's fair to everyone

I would be okay with the triple crown idea but I would prefer if we could go without.

The game has had a triple crown event for years, and I would like to respect the tradition and idea but in doing so also make it more in line with the real world concept. And thus why I would like to keep it.

We're at 3 for TC and 2 against.

Williams couldn't get a replacement, was confirmed a little while ago, Kvyat and Magnusson also out after their cars broke down on their way to the grid, only 15 runners in this one!

Williams couldn't get a replacement, was confirmed a little while ago, Kvyat and Magnusson also out after their cars broke down on their way to the grid, only 15 runners in this one!

I saw no K-mag picks so no worriers their and don't recall Kvyat picks. For now the only idea I have is that I will drop everyone's lowest point receiving driver and everyone will get the collective of their 4 highest drivers points.

EDIT: Kvyat was picked by 3 people and Bottas by more than twice that. So yeah many will need the fifth driver dropped.

I got a 1, 2, 3, RET, DNS for drivers. Dunno what that means but I'll take it.

How do you plan to award lifetime premium, since that isn't a thing you can get anymore

Every year I will rent a nice cottage for you and with in it will be a note saying "renewal of your yearly premium" as a default "lifetime" premium. Then we'll have a lovely evening under the stars :mischievous::sly:.

No seriously though I had forgotten about that, so I'll revise it.

@Jahgee1124 give the member a year of premium then murder said member.

Not even murder them just send them far away, if you get my drift.

Back