2015 Ford Mustang - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 6,247 comments
http://www.carscoops.com/2013/12/vossen-envisions-2015-mustang-in.html
42te.jpg

:drools:

Definitely looks better than the current model. Bumps in price aside, I'd expect production numbers to be high enough that dealers adjusting the price shouldnt be a problem... Early on it may be tough to get the exact options you want but otherwise I am sure there will be good deals in no time.

New-2013-BMW-3-Series-LWB-side-view.jpg

Doesn't the nose from the side look a little like the 3 Series?
The shot of just the front fender and front wheel reminds me of Mazda 6.

ie, that's a stretch, Armstrong.
Don't worry, I understood. :lol:

Tough call. I don't know if Ford wants to walk away from being one of the best values in the sports car market, or how much they expect to charge extra by having a real suspension. Given that almost all the powertrains are carryovers, I'm guessing that if there is a price increase, it won't be by much.

Fair assumption is that the V6 model will start somewhere around $23k, the ST somewhere around $25-27, and the GT to kick things off probably just above $30k. I just don't think Ford can afford to make that big of a jump in price.

Hmm then an optioned out GT may very well crest the $40k mark BEFORE mark up... Oi.

Last edited:
The price makes me wish for a New 5.0 LX/GTS "stripper" model. Shame that will never happen again. I would love a barebones 5.0.

So much for the "smarter size" rumors, otherwise I could probably talk myself into buying one lol. But damn...at ~ 188 inches, it's a good foot and half longer than my 07 350z, and about a foot longer than a new Vette (with a very similar wheelbase). I had a 2007 GT (with a turbo and bunch of other goodies) which I sold a while back, and while it handled pretty well with the heavily re-worked suspension/R-comps and solid rear axle, the rather large size didn't make it feel very go-kartish on the street.

Regardless, it should be quite a perfomer with the new suspension and weight reduction and absolutely sick engine (the 5.0). Looks quite good to my eyes to...but unfortunately it's just another Mustang, and I'm afraid I'll be quite sick of seeing them and the typical owner in a couple of years time (as I did with my 07 GT) :lol:

I find myself asking the same thing. I think any claims of improved fuel efficiency & lighter weight (vs an n/a v6) are dubious at best. I think it's mostly marketing really.

It's not even that. I mean, to an extent it is, but I understand why they offer it, because "best in class fuel economy" is a lovely bullet point even if it does come with the asterisk that there's barey a chance it actually gets it (certainly nowhere near better enough to offset the price premium it shows on the Ford website; especially when the Ford website implies it takes Premium gas when the V6 doesn't) just like with all the other Ecoboost engines.

But this isn't even like the Mustang or F150 where the Ecoboost equivalent has directly comparable performance to the engine it compliments. You're paying a price premium to get an engine down 50 horsepower compared to the one you could have saved some money to get in a car that weighs over 4000 pounds and gives the base engine enough trouble as it is. Where is the benefit? I can't imagine fleet guys really want it no matter how many incentives Ford throws around.

I agree, I really like the red render...now if they orange lights from the tan one carried over...:drool:

^^^Makes me wonder how bad the dealer markups will be.

Living in Michigan...

WHAT.gif

But seriously. Living around here, the only time I've ever seen a markup on a Mustang for was for a limited edition model for the first few that show up in the model year. Biggest I can recall is the $6,800 tacked onto the first GT500 convertible I saw.

Living in Michigan...

But seriously. Living around here, the only time I've ever seen a markup on a Mustang for was for a limited edition model for the first few that show up in the model year. Biggest I can recall is the $6,800 tacked onto the first GT500 convertible I saw.
Welcome to the rest of the country LOL. One of our local big Ford dealers Rich Ford ,does "Dealer Adjusted Market Price" on just about everything new when it comes out I have seen it on than new '99 GTs and Cobras, '00R, Bullitt GT, '03 Cobra, '05 GTs any and all GT500s. They are also a huge volume Saleen dealer.

Last edited:
Living in Michigan...

WHAT.gif

Pfft local ford dealer was marking up first 2013 GT500s $25,000

Same goes for a Chevy dealer no where near the aforementioned Ford dealer. Around $20k for first '13 ZL1s

Last edited:
I'm guessing that the first of the Mustangs to arrive will have a bit of a "market adjusted price" through the end of next year. But, by 2015 and as the supply chain begins to have some slack in it, it'll go back to normal pretty quick. Those people who have to have it first, my guess is that they really don't care.

I'm guessing that the first of the Mustangs to arrive will have a bit of a "market adjusted price" through the end of next year. But, by 2015 and as the supply chain begins to have some slack in it, it'll go back to normal pretty quick. Those people who have to have it first, my guess is that they really don't care.
You're right they don't. They’re the reason the dealers do it.

In any case I wont be affected by it. At least I hope not. My lease is up at the end of 2016 so hopefully everything has cooled down by then.

Last edited:
Pfft local ford dealer was marking up first 2013 GT500s $25,000

Same goes for a Chevy dealer no where near the aforementioned Ford dealer. Around $20k for first '13 ZL1s

They were doing the same with the KR's a couple years back and some dealership owners were reserving them for personal ownership...so yeah dealerships be ridiculous but more so the people willing to pay the price of a marked up car.

Is Guard a green color? Can't tell if it's green or like a tungsten.

Dont worry the FR500 program will continue since it was such a success. Rumor multimatic is already working with Ford on it.
I heard that the Cobra Jet might be coming to the Taurus as well.

Is Guard a green color? Can't tell if it's green or like a tungsten.

Supposedly it has some green in it but so far in the pictures available I dont see it. Most everyone wants to see it in person. Im thinking a magnetic fastback with the brown interior like on the convertible would look nice. Or if they bring back saddle.

I would love it if they brought back saddle. I love it on my '95 but oddly tons of people hate it. I have never understood the red interior and why anyone likes it, I hope that never comes to the '15.

I would love it if they brought back saddle. I love it on my '95 but oddly tons of people hate it. I have never understood the red interior and why anyone likes it, I hope that never comes to the '15.
mump-1304-17%2B1967-ford-mustang-gt%2Bred-interior-view.jpg

Because beautiful.

Back