2015 Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance Gran Turismo Trophy (Livestream in OP)

• Thread starter Panoz
  • 42 comments

Panoz

Just a member
Premium
United States
Wise, VA
Panoz-38

On August 16, the annual Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance for 2015 will take place. One of the prizes that is given out at the Concours is the Gran Turismo Trophy that be handed out by Kazunori Yamauchi for the 8th year running.

The previous winners of the Gran Turismo Trophy are:

2008 - Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67
2009 - Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 ’65
2010 - Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone BAT-1' 52
2011 - Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60
2012 - Ferrari 500 Mondial Pininfarina Coupe '54
2013 - Aston Martin DB3S Sports '53
2014 - Maserati A6GCS Spider '54

The winner of the award could be part of the feature marques for this year's Pebble Beach Concours as following.

• Ferrari
• duPont
• Pope
• Designs by Carrozzeria Touring
• Postwar Cunninghams
• Mercury Customs
• British Prewar Sports Cars
• Lincoln Continental 75th Anniversary
• Shelby GT350 Mustang 50th Anniversary

Last edited:
...I'm looking forward to this. Love classic cars, especially the stuff from the post war era till the beginning of the OPEC shenanigans.

...But maybe the OP should make it clear that the winning this GT trophy thingy does not guarantee the inclusion of the winner into GT7 and beyond.

On August 16, the annual Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance for 2015 will take place. One of the prizes that is given out at the Concours is the Gran Turismo Trophy that be handed out by Kazunori Yamauchi for the 8th year running.

The previous winners of the Gran Turismo Trophy are:

2008 - Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67
2009 - Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 ’65
2010 - Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone BAT-1' 52
2011 - Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60
2012 - Ferrari 500 Mondial Pininfarina Coupe '54
2013 - Aston Martin DB3S Sports '53
2014 - Maserati A6GCS Spider "54

The winner of the award could be part of the feature marques for this year's Pebble Beach Concours as following.

• Ferrari
• duPont
• Pope
• Designs by Carrozzeria Touring
• Postwar Cunninghams
• Mercury Customs
• British Prewar Sports Cars
• Lincoln Continental 75th Anniversary
• Shelby GT350 Mustang 50th Anniversary

A livestream will be added if it becomes available on the Pebble Beach website.
I hope we hear something about GT7. The GT7 section of this forum is nearly dead. It was supposed to be released this year according to initial reports, but my trailer thread says early spring 2016 at the minimum, and most likely late fall 2016. Since Kazunuri is going to be there we might get an interview or something.

I hope we hear something about GT7. The GT7 section of this forum is nearly dead. It was supposed to be released this year according to initial reports, but my trailer thread says early spring 2016 at the minimum, and most likely late fall 2016. Since Kazunuri is going to be there we might get an interview or something.

Don't count on it. The most likely places you'll first hear about GT7 will be at TGS (next month) or Paris Games Week (2 months from now) or Playstation Experience (in December) or E3 (next June)

Last edited:
Don't count on it. The most likely places you'll first hear about GT7 will be at TGS (next month) or Paris Games Week (2 months from now) or Playstation Experience (in December) or E3 (next June)
I think E3 lol, but I want something to speculate about. :)

I wonder how did the cars gets chosen and awarded with GT Trophy in the last couple years of Pebble Beach?

Sorry for that horrible English. :P

I wonder how did the cars gets chosen and awarded with GT Trophy in the last couple years of Pebble Beach?

Sorry for that horrible English. :P

...To my knowledge, Kaz picks a car randomly out of the eligible candidates and hands over the gong. :mischievous:

Yeah okay so maybe it's more complicated than that...:D

I just hope the GT Trophy could go with a modern car this time and with the Icona Vulcano Titanium as the chosen car for the GT Trophy...

I just hope the GT Trophy could go with a modern car this time and with the Icona Vulcano Titanium as the chosen car for the GT Trophy...
There's no modern cars in the Concours d'Elegance... There's concept cars at Pebble Beach, on the Concept Car Lawn, but the Concours d'Elegance is specifically for 175 of the best-kept or restored historic cars:
To contend in the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, an automobile must be a well preserved or accurately restored vehicle still quite capable of doing what it was meant to do - be driven. It will almost certainly have some historic value - perhaps in its day it served to debut new technology or new styling trends or it has an amazing racing record. And it will be rare - possibly a singular example of a special chassis bearing a respected coachbuilder's art.

After these criteria have been met, a concours car must be one thing more. Above all, it must be elegant. And elegance is a matter of the eye and the heart.

I wonder if PD got to stop by at the motorssports reunion this weekend, lots of nice classic cars to model there. :)

I've been watching it on snapchat and these classic cars are awesome especially the classic Ferrari model that only has 32 examples of it in the world and that 1939 Bugatti

upload_2015-8-16_23-51-45.png

Back