2015 Round 1- Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit - Nissan GT-R NISMO (GT Academy 2015).

• Thread starter numbnuts70
  • 468 comments
Wales
Old South Wales
numbnuts70
i1EJMiaKHcfQ8uH.jpg

i14dnpxhjXyNxuH.jpg

i10U35O7N9yfnuB.jpg

article-2169938-13F529D3000005DC-257_964x655.jpg

i10SZY906Hx23RB.jpg

i1TQudZMZEaucSH.jpg

i1gYw9NtOikxVuH.jpg

i1O64xphVMeNNEE.jpg

i15pigK4oZx9HC.jpg

No Leaf, Sports softs - it's looking like a good fortnight.

Discuss lines, cones etc.

Online Rankings.

Terms and Conditions.

TUTORIAL VIDEOS.

Courtesy of Tidgney.

Corner Guides:

Turn 1 (Abbey): 1:50
Turn 2 (Farm): 3:20
Turn 3 (Village): 4:20
Turn 4/5 (Loop/Aintree): 6:05
Turn 6 (Brooklands): 7:55
Turn 7 (Luffield): 9:55
Turn 9 (Copse): 12:00
Turn 10-14 (Maggots, Becketts, Chapel): 13:55
Turn 15 (Stowe): 16:35
Turn 16/17/18 (Vale/Club): 17:45

Fast Commentary: 19:30.

Courtesy of outlaw4rc.

Courtesy of Tidgney.

Last edited:
I'm kinda glad they've ditched the Leaf, for me driving slower less-powerful cars is difficult as it means it's all about momentum and tiny mistakes ruin an entire lap...which is exactly why they did it, I assume :P But I still don't see what value driving an electric city car would have on eventually driving a 550hp GT3 car. Hence why they likely removed it? Haha.

even though PD can't be bothered with Romania, I will still participate just for training in the hope that some day maybe we will get 1 spot, down to 2:07.257 for the moment after a couple of laps, best of luck to all

Ran 15 minutes before work this morning on a DS3 and got gold. Loads of time to come off it when I fire up the wheel and spend a bit of time on it I think. Hoping to get top 500 or so.

2.07 after few laps . I hate the car you can't oversteer it or slide it . I will have hard time improving my time :confused:

Ah...the infamous lap time of 2:20...how I've spent hours last year trying to obtain you at Spa...

Anyhow, I'm going to absolutly hate this round, as I hate driving Silverstone with a burning passion, and I've never been a fan of the GT-Rs in GT6. Will give it a shot after school today. Sounds like everyone's getting it pretty easy, so I think I can manage.

Done it but....Way too far from Apex at every corners, got to improve it tomorrow....

Anyone know if I skip 1 or 2 sessions would it be ok to play the final rounds??

This is just something have no mean. Wait final run and push.
It's not entirely without meaning. The final round may well be the decider for online qualification but you have to do all four rounds.
Done it but....Way too far from Apex at every corners, got to improve it tomorrow....

Anyone know if I skip 1 or 2 sessions would it be ok to play the final rounds??
You're required to do all four events - I suspect that each will unlock the next, so you won't have access to R2 unless you've posted a R1 time, but I can't say that for sure.

Only been learning to do manual gear change lately, but tried it on this event.
Did a 2;09;270 for 917th, lots more time but finding it really difficult with DS3 so will stop with that.

Any predictions on what best time for first round will be? someone is down to 2:05.498 already, just what five hours in.
I'll be pleased to get within five seconds of it anyway :D

Not my favorite car & track combo. Went back for a second go and it does say bronze or better to proceed so that answers an earlier post. Then had a weird glitch went into the icon which showed round 1 as silvertone but then showed a map of "twin ring motegi" with the red line buzzing around picture of montego
.system them locked up. Next round maybe? ?

Went back for a second go and it does say bronze or better to proceed so that answers an earlier post.
Ah yes, in the huge description text that I apparently didn't bother reading :lol:
You can advance to Round 2 with a Bronze or better result
D'ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

👍

Any predictions on what best time for first round will be? someone is down to 2:05.498 already, just what five hours in.
I'll be pleased to get within five seconds of it anyway :D
It's definitely going to have 2:04, limit should be around 2:03....let's wait and see!

Good luck tonight everyone! I'll be turning my first couple of laps tonight 👍 time for this hard work to pay off now! First year of being eligible

Good luck All!

Silverstone is so far the only track I haven't avoided like the plague after a final round simply due to burnout looking for extra time.

So I may actually like this one, we shall see. Either way I'm likely only in for gold and then park it this year.

Hey Guys,

Hope you are all well.

This is the first year that I have given GT Academy a shot.

I normally turn traction control and ABS to 0 during all races. Would you all agree this is a good choice for GT Academy? I am of course concerned about being able to post the fastest possible lap time, and wondered what others are using settings wise.

I use a G27 steering wheel and pedals.

Let me know guys!

Last edited:
I managed to do a 2.10.3xx with a ds3 I could probably do better but it's one of those cars that seems like it has too much weight not enough corner.

Hi gent (&ladies).

How many people in the European group go through to national finals. So far I'm on a 2.07.3. Think I can crack a 06 but not much more :(. Unreal some of the times.

Good luck all. (First year attempt for me)

Hi gent (&ladies).

How many people in the European group go through to national finals. So far I'm on a 2.07.3. Think I can crack a 06 but not much more :(. Unreal some of the times.

Good luck all. (First year attempt for me)

In the UK&Ire, I think, it's 4+4, so 8 in total.
EDIT: I just counted 56 and I noticed that Ireland is gone from the list, just UK.

Don't worry too much about the first 3 rounds.

It's usually only the final round that counts.

In the UK&Ire, I think, it's 4+4, so 8 in total.
EDIT: I just counted 56 and I noticed that Ireland is gone from the list, just UK.

Don't worry too much about the first 3 rounds.

It's usually only the final round that counts.

Cheers man, so 8 from the UK then we are thinking? I better pray to god.... I know it's the final round that matters but going on where I am now I need to get my head in Gear!

Back