2015 Rugby World Cup

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 121 comments
MAGICAL SPORTING SCENES
I just finished watching JPN v RSA I had recorded and it was one of the most incredible sporting moments I have ever witnessed. I was waiting for a dead ball situation but when they put it out wide I started screaming and willing him over the line. Watching the Japanese fans crying had me filling up too as I love to see groups minnow team pull off an upset. Once it is not at my expense of course. Incredible moment that went straight to the 'Keep' part of my Sky+!

Seeing Ireland run in a decent few tries was nice and getting some of the younger lads on was important. There are tougher tasks ahead than Canada but you cannot take it for granted you will beat the weaker teams. Just ask South Africa.

Okay. Now I'm REALLY concerned for the USA after Japan [somehow] took down South Africa. All congratulations to Japan in pulling off this upset.

Wow! Congrats to Japan! I need to find a replay of that match to watch it unfold!:bowdown:

Really upset that I'm going to be working tomorrow while the All Blacks play Argentina. I really wanted to watch that game:banghead:

Great result yesterday, not just Japan beating South Africa but also Georgia beating Tonga, Wales start their tournament in around half an hour..

Wales 54-9 Uruguay at a packed Millennium Stadium, Wales had a shaky start going 0-6 in the first 10 minutes but soon found our stride, New Zealand on now..

Last edited:
So there is a bit of a break after those breath-taking first few days of the tournament and there are no more games until Wednesday, here are the fixtures for that and the following days..

Wednesday
Scotland v Japan 2.30pm, Kingsholm
Australia v Fiji 4.45pm, Millennium Stadium
France v Romania 8pm, Olympic Stadium

Thursday
New Zealand v Namibia 8pm, Olympic Stadium

Friday
Argentina v Georgia 4.45pm, Kingsholm

Saturday
Italy v Canada 2.30pm, Elland Road
South Africa v Samoa 4.45pm, Villa Park
England v Wales 8pm, Twickenham

Sunday
Argentina v Uruguay 12pm, Villa Park
Scotland v USA 2.30pm, Elland Road
Ireland v Romania 4.45pm, Wembley

England v Wales clearly pick of the bunch there, massive game that is..

I am also interested to see how Japan back up against Scotland. This time last week we would have called it a pretty easy game for the Scots, but now, not so much...

I think it's fair to say Japan are everyone's second favourite team, everybody in the bar was cheering them along earlier, it was fantastic.

New Zealand v Namibia tonight, Namibia are the lowest ranked team in the competition (20th in the world) and the All Blacks have made 12 changes but they should win this by at least four or five tries....

Seems a bit unfair that some teams will be on their second game vs a team on their first. Japan V Scotland for example, seems like it could of been organized a bit better, has it always been like this?

I think the fact that there is five teams in each group makes things tricky, four teams play each other so one has to miss out..

Yup, and they don't want the group stages to last more than four weekends I guess.
Exactly. They have seen the cricket world cup drag on for 6 months and didn't want that.
Some of the teir two teams get screwed a little with only 4 or 5 days rest though.

To be fair, Tier 1 teams aren't exempt from the 4 day turnaround. I saw a graphic the other day which showed that England, Ireland and Uruguay(I think) are the only 3 teams to have 5 or more days turnaround for each game.

Edit: Italy not Uruguay

fixture-grid.jpg

Huge game today for Welsh Rugby. Despite being down a couple of key players we still have the squad to win this. We need to win this.

Can't wait, going to an English mate's house to watch it :lol:

Bratislava British and Irish expat community love their rugby. A significant number of Irish people in particular. Gonna be loads of us down the local tonight, can't wait!

Better brush up on the lyrics to sospan fach...

What an epic match.

Suck Whale-balls rosies. :lol:

Seriously though, unlucky England, best match of the tournament so far. :D

Last edited:
Great match, a bit lucky to win, but very unlucky with injuries and Gatland says he is running out of players, but still last night was fantastic :D:D:D:D

Wins for Australia, Scotland and Ireland today and a new attendance record was set at Wembley for the RWC in the Ireland-Romania game of over 89,200!, for a group game!

Here's the games for this week..

Tuesday
Tonga v Namibia, 4.45pm Sandy Park

Thursday
Wales v Fiji, 4.45pm Millennium Stadium
France v Canada, 8pm Stadium MK

Friday
New Zealand v Georgia, 8pm Millennium Stadium

Saturday
Samoa v Japan, 2.30 Stadium MK
South Africa v Scotland, 4.45 St James's Park
England v Australia, 8pm Twickenham

Sunday
Argentina v Tonga, 2.30 King Power Stadium
Ireland v Italy, 4.45 Olympic Stadium

@Liquid, so that's both the Football AND The Rugby team doing well in the rankings!

Wales 17-6 Fiji at half time, good game, this Fiji are good and are taking the game to Wales and chipping away at our lead..

23-13 full time..

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back