2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather hoping Sato can do better this year. Same for JPM.

If the Pocono race is kept (fingers crossed) will definitely attend, or make the stretch for Watkins Glen for a change. Depends on my work schedule.

I'm hoping Toronto stays on the calendar, even if it has to drop it's double header event in order to be moved forward.

From a post on Facebook the schedule would post early on the mobile app. Unsure if that's just 30 minutes or so.

Insiders who have downloaded the Verizon INDYCAR14 Mobile Application will be the first to see the #INDYCAR2015 schedule tomorrow morning! Download the app today! http://bit.ly/1vhQrck

I would like to see the legend Justin Wilson get a win this season. I would like to see a longer season unlike last season.

3/8 Brazil
3/29 St. Petersburg
4/12 New Orleans
4/19 Long Beach
4/26 Barber
5/9 GP of Indianapolis
5/16-17 Indianapolis 500 Qualifying
5/24 Indianapolis 500
5/30-31 Detroit
6/6 Texas
6/14 Toronto
6/27 Fontana
7/12 Milwaukee
7/18 Iowa
8/2 Mid-Ohio
8/23 Pocono
8/30 Sonoma

The season opener will be at Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet. That and the addition of NOLA along with dropping Houston are the changes to the calendar. Toronto loses it's doubleheader due to the Pan-Am games.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.co...hedule-officially-revealed-17-races-no-dubai/

Annnnnnd again it ends prematurely....fantastic. Well looking forward to next season none-the-less. :) Can't wait to see the end result of P&M and HPD's work on the new aerokits. :D

Not prematurely.. they just don't want to compete with the NFL.
I don't know how they think that though. Racing fans watch racing first, plus why not just have Saturday races in the fall? Either way they're fooling themselves if they think they are in the same market as the NFL. PWC and IMSA went into October.

I don't know how they think that though. Racing fans watch racing first, plus why not just have Saturday races in the fall? Either way they're fooling themselves if they think they are in the same market as the NFL. PWC and IMSA went into October.
Yeah, and PWC and IMSA didn't get TV coverage like Indycar does either... because of football.

College football is another huge thing to deal with...almost bigger than the NFL honestly.

I wish the season were longer but atleast they understand it instead of trying to change their rules to fit something that doesn't work like Nascar.

They're doing summer series again? Cmon indycar, make the season last until November or at least October like most racing series. Indycar needs to quit being scared of competing against the NFL and other sports.

The schedule looks pretty nice, starting in Brazil on a proper circuit and ending on a circuit. Spreading out the California events and having only one Texas race should really benefit Indycar as attendance should increase at those events.

Here is the broadcast schedule:
3/8 Brazil (NBCSN)
3/29 St. Petersburg (ABC)
4/12 New Orleans (NBCSN)
4/19 Long Beach (NBCSN)
4/26 Barber (NBCSN)
5/9 GP of Indianapolis (Saturday, ABC)
5/16-17 Indianapolis 500 Qualifying (ABC)
5/24 Indianapolis 500 (ABC)
5/30-31 Detroit (Doubleheader, both ABC)
6/6 Texas (Saturday night, NBCSN)
6/14 Toronto (NBCSN)
6/27 Fontana (Saturday, NBCSN)
7/12 Milwaukee (NBCSN)
7/18 Iowa (Saturday night, NBCSN)
8/2 Mid-Ohio (NBCSN)
8/23 Pocono (NBCSN)
8/30 Sonoma (NBCSN)

It's slightly disappointing that only the May races will be on network television and that nbc sports is once again only putting their indycar races on nbcsn (Is there restrictions keeping NBC from airing indycar races or do they just refuse to?).

I would have liked the channels the races were on to look like this:
Brazil (NBC)
St. Pete (ABC)
New Orleans (NBC)
Long Beach (NBC)
Barber (NBCSN)
GP of Indianapolis (ABC)
Indianapolis 500 (ABC)
Detroit Doubleheader (ABC)
Texas (NBCSN)
Toronto (NBCSN)
Fontana (NBC)
Milwaukee (NBCSN)
Iowa (NBCSN)
Mid-Ohio (NBCSN)
Pocono (NBC)
Sonoma (NBC)

I'm rooting for Will Power to win the championship for this season!

Last edited:
Should have at least kept the standing starts. If part time "ammature" GT3 drivers can do it...I think Indycar drivers can do it... -_-

I wish I hadn't checked out Racer.com today.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/1...oints-races-remain-standing-starts-eliminated

It seems like F1 realized double points weren't a good idea now Indycar's done it for Sonoma. :banghead:

I was ok with the 500 mile races being double points, since they were more than twice the distance. Oh well.
Hey! Let's get rid of the standing starts that the fans loved INSTEAD OF FIXING THE ANTI-STALL and adding them to more venues! #Indycarlogic

Hey! Let's get rid of the standing starts that the fans loved INSTEAD OF FIXING THE ANTI-STALL and adding them to more venues! #Indycarlogic

Well at least it says the standing starts should return in the future. I'm not sure if I buy Derrick Walker's excuse though. :rolleyes:

They're doing summer series again? Cmon indycar, make the season last until November or at least October like most racing series. Indycar needs to quit being scared of competing against the NFL and other sports.

And whats exactly wrong with Indycar trying to avoid having its viewers taken by NFL? Its a known Fact that the NFL topples all Racing series in Tv Viewers (Even NASCAR).

And whats exactly wrong with Indycar trying to avoid having its viewers taken by NFL? Its a known Fact that the NFL topples all Racing series in Tv Viewers (Even NASCAR).
By making the fans wait for nearly 7 months until the season starts again while the majority of motorsports go to October or November. Then there's hardly any media coverage except for 5 months out of the year.

So you'd rather seeing the TV Viewership go down for that series just because its somehow "Wrong" not to have a season go all the way to November?. Motorsports, no matter how you try, cannot compete with Stick & Ball Sports. Its simply more accessible and far more popular so its foolish for any racing series to try and compete with it.

I will still watch Indycar all year, unless it collided with an F1 race, even if it clashed with sports like the NFL. I mean, I am not American so I don't really watch it.

So you'd rather seeing the TV Viewership go down for that series just because its somehow "Wrong" not to have a season go all the way to November?.

I have a feeling the long layoff will make the ratings sink as there has been nothing to keep IndyCar on people's minds. Just look at the NASCAR and F1 calendars, by the time the next season of IndyCar kicks off NASCAR will be on it's third race and F1 will have had car launches and testing to attract eyeballs (not to mention their own season opener in Australia one week later). What does IndyCar have to keep people's attention during this time? A non-existent driver market and aero-kits that won't even be at the first race in Brazil, which may not even be ready by the time the race is scheduled.

The only way I could see this Labor Day thing working is if they moved the first race up to January before any other series got going. Of course this really wouldn't work as you would than be competing with NCAA bowl games and NFL playoffs, which would steal a hell of a lot more viewers than the pre and regular season NFL games.

Well in that case, its no win situation. There's the scenario you mention there and then if they do decide to make a schedule that does go to November, it'll be the NFL taking attention away from.

Was there a signing of a new driver to the series within the last day or so?

Stefan Wilson is complaining on twitter about something.... but I have a slight suspicion that's he's somehow confused Jean-Eric Vergne's arrival to Andretti Autosport's Formula-E team for something completely different..... Maybe he's just complaining to complain.

Stefan Wilson@stef_wilson10m
Who needs a ladder system or feeder series when you can be in any series in the world, bottom out and decide you wanna be an IndyCar driver.

Stefan Wilson@stef_wilson2m
Just bothers me when guys commit there life to IndyCar, go through the ladder & then others think of IndyCar as a backup & bypass the system.

I know Daniel Abt was testing for Andretti, but I doubt he'd get an Indycar seat if Luis Razia, who was above and beyond the better talent in GP2, had to go through the Indy Lights Series first.

Edit: Think I found it but I can't find a source. Apparently Rodolfo Gonzalez has a contract for 2015 with a team he has not yet named in the Indycar Series. That would fit what Stefan is complaining about.

Edit2: Found it. Needs to be translated into English though. http://www.noticias24.com/venezuela...habla-sobre-los-retos-que-le-esperan-en-2015/

To sum it up, he's been invited to test at Barber Motorsports Park for Schmidt-Peterson Motorsports.

Last edited:
Rodolfo Gonzalez? The guy who had years worth of experience in GP2 and never did anything there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back