2016 Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken d'ItaliaFormula 1 

United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
Formula 1 made an entertaining return to action in Belgium a week ago with many talking points to be had. Verstappen's driving style, Magnussen's huge crash into the tyre barriers, the driver transfer market and so on. This could also be the last F1 Italian GP at Monza unless a deal can be made before the end of the season so no doubt this should be one to watch, get ready to go again at the Italian Grand Prix.

monza-circuit_000.jpg

AUTODROMO NAZIONALE MONZA

FIRST GRAND PRIX

NUMBER
OF LAPS

CIRCUIT LENGTH
5.793KM (3.6 Miles)

RACE DISTANCE
306.720kM (190.587 Miles)

LAP
RECORD

1:21.046 Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari, 2004

TYRE ALLOCATIONS
Super-Soft, Soft & Medium

ca093dd802e637df4bb4e849d1200181.jpg

SKY SPORTS CLASSIC RACE SCHEDULE
Tuesday - Italy 1989
Wednesday - Italy 1993
Thursday - Italy 1995
Sunday - Italy 2008

2015 RESULT

1 Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)

2 Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)

3 Felipe Massa (Williams-Mercedes)

2015 Fastest lap - Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) 1:26.672 (lap 48)

For those of you taking part, don't forget to submit your picks in @LMSCorvetteGT2's fantasy F1 league. Here.

Heineken is my guilty pleasure beer, mostly because there's no pubs nearby which serve Tyskie. :lol:

Last edited:
Has anyone seen "Subway Fresh Fit 500" on their channel guide and instantly had the thought to go out and buy a Subway sandwich? If so, then marketing department has done their done. I doubt it. These sponsorship names for races (and stadiums for that matter) is pointless and just a dick measuring contest among companies.

As for the race. Monza always has an interesting first lap and then a dull race after unfortunately.

As for the race. Monza always has an interesting first lap and then a dull race after unfortunately.

Unless it had some miracle rain...but like you said other than that dullsville.

At least we're not at the Goody's Cool Orange 400, Chevy Rock & Roll 400, Subway Fresh Fit 500 or the Cheez-It 355 At The Glen.

NASCAR sure does know how to name its events...

Edit: The race at Watkins Glen was called Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen 2009-2011. :ill:

The race was Heluva Good though :sly:

Magnussen given a preliminary all-clear:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/08/31/magnussen-given-initial-all-clear-for-monza/

Same question for the Aussies, is this race only highlights a day after if we hsvent got Fox?
I think so, but I have Foxtel. It might be a little pricey at $75 per month, but it's worth it. You don't just get the sports package; you get the standard package as well, and if nothing else, re-runs of "Law & Order" and "The Simpsons" consistently beat the low-quality local programming of free-to-air. When your choices are "The Bachelor", "The Block", "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here" "Zumbo's Just Desserts", "Survivor Australia", "House Rules" and whatever crap Nine made on the cheap or whatever Channel Ten clone Seven threw together at the last minute, you start wanting something more.

Gran Premio Heineken.

It just rolls off the tongue.

...Because when I'm thinking about classic Italian beverages, the first thing that comes to mind is "Heineken".

Well, it could have been: Sports-Betting.com Emirates Italian Gran Pirelli Premio 500 presented by Olive Garden.

How long until the Curva Ascari / Ascari Chicane becomes disgraced as the new "Heineken Bottle Cap Opener"?

Edit: The race at Watkins Glen was called Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen 2009-2011. :ill:

To be fair, it is a good chip/crisp dip, if you're into that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Same question for the Aussies, is this race only highlights a day after if we hsvent got Fox?
This race is live on the free-to-air channel 10, as opposed to ONE where the highlights were on Monday (both channels are under the same umbrella). Like I said last week, it's pretty much the same deal you get back in the UK. 10 Apparently have a HD channel now as well, so if you can find that then there's that option too.

Magnussen given a preliminary all-clear:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/08/31/magnussen-given-initial-all-clear-for-monza/

I think so, but I have Foxtel. It might be a little pricey at $75 per month, but it's worth it. You don't just get the sports package; you get the standard package as well, and if nothing else, re-runs of "Law & Order" and "The Simpsons" consistently beat the low-quality local programming of free-to-air. When your choices are "The Bachelor", "The Block", "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here" "Zumbo's Just Desserts", "Survivor Australia", "House Rules" and whatever crap Nine made on the cheap or whatever Channel Ten clone Seven threw together at the last minute, you start wanting something more.
I'm on holiday in Oz for another week, I don't need a subscription ;)

It's always been that way.
Correct. But in this 2016 edition it was said that one DRS zone would be enough because of the minimum effect. Low downforce on the rear wing already is in place so will DRS bring an extra advantage? We'll see during live race.

Somewhere I also read it was an 'experiment' to decrease the DRS zones to one. Had something to do with the new track lay out 2017? Contract for Monza 2017 and further almost signed. great news!

Yyyyeeeeaaahhhh..... I didn't understand that either

Think it means "Must I really race against Verstappen in Monza?" My Dutch is too rusty to get an accurate translation...

So yeah, Monza... I love the circuit, but it's going to be dull. Maybe some crashes at turn 1 and probably someone might have a massive wreck at Ascari.

More important question for the Aussies: If Daniel podiums here, will he drink from both shoes?

Also, you have shoeys, do you have jockeys?

Serious question.

My Dutch is basically non existent, but I would say that means: "Do I really have to race against Verstappen again??" and it's quite funny imo. Kinda. Sorta.

Well, I didn't think I'd need to remind anyone of the forum rules so shortly after refreshing them...
I really don't think he was implying that he wants a crash...perhaps just a kiss and broken front wing, just something to liven up what is usually a dull race.

I really don't think he was implying that he wants a crash...perhaps just a kiss and broken front wing, just something to liven up what is usually a dull race.
I'd check to see if the rules mention anything about the severity of crash or incident, but I wrote them very recently and don't have to in order to know they don't.

Just like I shouldn't have to make any mention of this again.

Does anybody know what the crack is with this dutch beer sponsorship ? We saw it at 1 race, we were told that it was a massive deal but it seems like its going to be certain races .

Back