2016 GTP Awards - Most Opinionated Member

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 205 comments

Who deserves to win GTPlanet's Most Opinionated Member award for 2016?

• Danoff

Votes: 27 13.3%
  • homeforsummer

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Imari

Votes: 37 18.2%
  • prisonermonkeys

Votes: 95 46.8%
  • RESHIRAM5

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Sanji Himura

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Tornado

Votes: 19 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DQuaN

Goat of the Year
Premium
United Kingdom
Ealing-London
gtplanet-awards-2016.png

Who seems to voice their opinions more than most? Perhaps they may be found in discussions or debates?

Please vote above for who you think should be the GTPlanet Award winner for Most Opinionated Member 2016. Nominees are:
@Danoff
@homeforsummer
@Imari
@prisonermonkeys
@RESHIRAM5
@Sanji Himura
@Tornado

For the record, I have asked @DQuaN to remove me from this poll and any other award that I have been nominated for (although strangely enough, I got the notification from @Famine). I have never participated in the GTP Awards, and I never will. I have seen the concept used at other forums, where it quickly degenerated into a popularity contest or an opportunity mudslinging. While GTP is considerably better-run than other forums, it doesn't change the way that the whole idea just makes me incredibly uncomfortable.

For the record, I have asked @DQuaN to remove me from this poll and any other award that I have been nominated for (although strangely enough, I got the notification from @Famine). I have never participated in the GTP Awards, and I never will. I have seen the concept used at other forums, where it quickly degenerated into a popularity contest or an opportunity mudslinging. While GTP is considerably better-run than other forums, it doesn't change the way that the whole idea just makes me incredibly uncomfortable.

Booooooo!

*same response from other thread*

Well that certainly seems like a strong opinion.

Well that certainly seems like a strong opinion.
Yes, especially since I've never seen anything but a lot of light hearted ribbing, self deprecation and general frivolity surrounding the GTP Awards.

Yes, especially since I've never seen anything but a lot of light hearted ribbing, self deprecation and general frivolity surrounding the GTP Awards.
And if I supported it, you would no doubt find an instance elsewhere on the internet where I opposed it or something similar, and brand me a hypocrite. If I am opposed to it on one forum, I am opposed to it everywhere.

Ima vote for you.

/s

Geez louise, I wonder why I voted for you...

Geez louise, I wonder why I voted for you...
All I ask is that you vote for someone else, both here and in the "Quote of the Year" category. I want no part in this because it makes me uncomfortable, and if you continue to vote for me despite my request, then it just goes to show how little respect you have for other members.

I am sure that DQuaN, Famine, @Jordan or any other administrators or moderators will see this post before long and respect my wishes enough to remove me from the poll.

All I ask is that you vote for someone else, both here and in the "Quote of the Year" category. I want no part in this because it makes me uncomfortable, and if you continue to vote for me despite my request, then it just goes to show how little respect you have for other members.

I am sure that DQuaN, Famine, @Jordan or any other administrators or moderators will see this post before long and respect my wishes enough to remove me from the poll.
In theory what you said sort of makes sense but I don't buy it when the GTP awards already has a popularity contest award per say, the user of the year.

Don't see any wrong with winning this either as @FrzGT said
Jesus.

Atleast its not a Darwin Award.

If only I could choose this for quote of the year :lol:

In theory what you said sort of makes sense but I don't buy it when the GTP awards already has a popularity contest award per say, the user of the year.
I'm just opposed to the idea in general, not this particular award. You will note that I posted the same message in the "Quote of the Year" category.

Don't see any wrong with winning this either
It's more the whole process of being nominated behind my back and then having my entire posting history laid bare for strangers to vote on whether or not I should receive an award for it.

Like I said, it makes me uncomfortable.

...but everyone can do it on a daily basis, it's what this forum has. When you post quite a lot of stuff it should be expected that strangers will look into your history IMO.

@DQuaN can I still vote when I've been nominated? Just don't vote for myself :P

Reactions: Dan
I didn't ask to be a part of this. I was never asked if I wanted to be a part of this. And had I known that I might have been included as part of this against my will, I may have been inclined to change my approach towards posting (though I hasten to add that I should not have to change my behaviour to avoid unpleasantness).

You may think that this is amusing and in the spirit of good fun, but to be blunt, I think it's really quite embarrassing.

I would have suggested sorting it out via private messages, and slinking away without offering up the catalyst for creating a scene then.

slinking away
This kind of language is precisely why I posted. You seem to think that this is something that I should be ashamed of. I'm not.

But while we're on the subject of things that you could have done differently, you could have seen my post and thought to yourself "right, he doesn't want to be a part of this, so I will respect that by voting for someone else" and otherwise leaving well enough alone.

And if I supported it, you would no doubt find an instance elsewhere on the internet where I opposed it or something similar, and brand me a hypocrite. If I am opposed to it on one forum, I am opposed to it everywhere.
Yeah, because I've done that soooooooo many times before:lol:.
And miss out on all the benefits of a participation trophy?
I was hoping for one of those participation ribbons as I'm too old to get one anywhere else but I didn't see my name come up in the nominations anywhere. Not enough negative categories:lol:

I'm just opposed to the idea in general, not this particular award. You will note that I posted the same message in the "Quote of the Year" category.
It's more the whole process of being nominated behind my back and then having my entire posting history laid bare for strangers to vote on whether or not I should receive an award for it.

Like I said, it makes me uncomfortable.
Being nominated behind your back. Sounds like highschool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back