2016 Motocross, Supercross, and SupermotoMotorbikes 

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 47 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was cool to see Craig get his first win. This West 250 championship is turning out to be a little tighter than I thought it would be at this point. Good to see Roczen get a win. There was some good action in the 450 main. Was also cool to see Lorenzo there watching.

Tonight, AMA Supercross takes on San Diego. It will be the penultimate California round, and the final race in California will be at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara this April. FOX Sports 1 is to air this round of the AMA Supercross at 10:00 PM EST. Can't wait for the gate to drop on this one!

The FOX Sports 1 coverage of AMA Supercross at San Diego was a bit delayed because of FS1 showing the late stages of some dog agility competition. When the supercross action played itself out, we were left with these two winners from the respective classes:

* 250cc Winner at San Diego 2: Joey Savatgy
* 450cc Winner at San Diego 2: Ryan Dungey

There was a cool segment on Adam Enticknap during the coverage of the racing action. He's quite the character! The 722 was pretty cool doing rap. He unfortunately was injured heading into San Diego.

Up next... the AMA Supercross circus heads in my home state of Texas as the series eminates from Arlington, TX. Yep- the series heads up to the Dallas-Fort Worth area next Saturday for the next round of AMA Supercross. The fun begins at 7:30 PM EST next Saturday.

Two breeds of dirt bike racing will be shown tonight. FOX Sports 1 is supposed to show the AMSOIL Arenacross race from Birmingham, Alabama. Then later, AMA Supercross from Arlington, TX will be shown. Should be a fun night for some dirt bike action, ya?

I shyed away from discussion of the AMA Supercross action with the 2016 Daytona 500 ruling the roost. Anyhow, your winners from Arlington:

* 250cc Arlington Winner: Cooper Webb
* 450cc Arlington Winner: Ken Roczen

The 450cc race was awesome with Ken Roczen and Ryan Dungey going blow for blow.

The West end of the 2016 season will have a long time off. So up next... AMA in the ATL. The East end of the AMA Supercross championship drops the gate this Saturday at the Georgia Dome.

The action was over in Atlanta about an hour ago. Here are your winners:

250cc Atlanta Winner: Martin Davalos
450cc Atlanta Winner: Ryan Dungey

The 450cc race had some very interesting drama late. The next round of AMA Supercross continues the East end of the championship. Next time, it's the big one- Daytona. Biggest and longest track on either the West or East championship sides of AMA Supercross.

The 2016 season of the FIM Motocross World Championship (MXGP) kicked off its season in Qatar this weekend. I won't spoil anything, so let me congratulate all the winners from the MXGP action from Losail.

Tonight is the big one- AMA Supercross at Daytona. The longest laps and the longest race will really test the endurance of these riders. That race is tonight at Daytona International Speedway. It will be on FOX Sports 1 at about 10:00 PM EST tonight.

Good luck to all riders and teams tonight at Daytona.

Your Daytona 2016 winners:

* 250cc Daytona Winner: Jeremy Martin
* 450cc Daytona Winner: Eli Tomac

Up next... AMA Supercross will leave the country for one weekend and entertain the folks in Canada at Toronto's Rodgers Center, home of the Toronto Blue Jays of Major League Baseball.

The winners from Toronto 2016 are as follows:

* 250cc Toronto Winner: Justin Hill
* 450cc Toronto Winner: Ken Roczen

I only got to see the Main races. I usually check out the heat races and Last Chance Qualifier, but only the Mains for me this time. Ryan Dungey broke the all-time record for most consecutive podium finishes with his 26th straight podium (he finished 3rd). He surpassed Chad Reed's previous record of 25 straight podium finishes.

Up next on the AMA Supercross schedule... the series heads from Toronto to Detroit. That's right- MoTown's getting some AMA Supercross loving next weekend. And it can be seen live next Saturday... granted you have FOX Sports 2.

Welcome back, AMA Supercross! Here's how the recent race in Santa Clara went in the series' final California race:

* 250cc Santa Clara Winner: Cooper Webb
* 450cc Santa Clara Winner: Ryan Dungey

Up next is some Midwestern hospitality. AMA Supercross is on to Indianapolis next Saturday.

AMA Supercross results from Indianapolis coming up. Your winners...

250cc Indianapolis Winner: Aaron Plessinger (first career win)
450cc Indianapolis Winner: Ryan Dungey

Malcolm Stewart was having fun with Plessinger and celebrating with him. Fun moment, but also a classy moment.

Up next, AMA Supercross heads to the Show-Me State as St. Louis hosts AMA Supercross. It's supposed to be live on FOX next Saturday.

Heads up! It's go time in St. Louis! AMA Supercross from St. Louis on deck. Being shown on FOX.

AMA Supercross was served some Midwestern hospitality as the series went to St. Louis. Your winners from the two classes are...

* 250CC St. Louis Winner: Jeremy Martin
* 450cc St. Louis Winner: Ryan Dungey

Man... I feel so bad for both James Stewart and Malcolm Stewart. These brothers just can't catch a break. "Bubba" Stewart already has his problems. Malcolm had a very forgetable day at the office in the 250cc Main race. I'm a fan of the Stewart brothers, so it hurts seeing them struggle.

Remaining schedule: next Saturday at Foxboro, Saturday after next at the Meadowlands, and Las Vegas in three weeks. So we go from the home of the (then) St. Louis Rams to the home of the New England Patriots. Foxboro, MA... get ready for AMA Supercross!

Foxboro is done. Your winners:

* 250cc Foxboro Winner: Martin Davalos
* 450cc Foxboro Winner: Ken Roczen

Ryan Dungey now has 31 straight podium finishes, surpassing his own record for most all-time in AMA Supercross. One word for something like this- impressive. Maybe "dominant" is also fitting. Like the man or not, the man knows how to place high and finish strong.

From the home of the New England Patriots... the next round is the penultimate one of the season at the home of the New York Jets and New York Giants- MetLife Stadium is next.

In the shadow of New York City and in the state of New Jersey, here are the latest winners in AMA Supercross for 2016:

250cc East Rutherford Winner: Malcolm Stewart
450cc East Rutherford Winner: Ken Roczen; Ryan Dungey finishes 4th, wins 2016 450cc championship

Up next... the season finale in Las Vegas at Sam Boyd Stadium next Saturday. East and West action.

What a dominant performance by Dungee. The guy is a machine. It's a shame Roczen didn't find his current speed earlier in the year. Also funny to see Dungee's podium streak come to an end the night he wins his 3rd championship.

Heads up! NBCSN is currently showing highlights of the opening round of AMA Motocross with the Hangtown Classic in Sacramento, CA, USA. Ryan Dungey is the defending champion in AMA Motocross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back