• 870 comments

Blitz24

Chromalusion Member
Premium
United States
NJ/USA
Blitzbay
Blitzbay
Draft is about 1 and a half months away but the free agent signing period is just starting up.

DT Damian Harrision to the Giants (Jets previously)
WR Marvin Jones to the Lions (Bengals previously)
RB Matt Forte to the Jets (Bears previously)
QB Brock Osweiler to the Texans (Broncos previously)

Other off-season news:
QB Robert Griffin III has been cut by the Redskins.
WR Calvin Johnson of the Lions has retired.
QB Peyton Manning of the Broncos has retired.
CB Charles Woodson of the Raiders has retired.
QB Matt Hasselbeck of the Colts has retired. (Thanks @SecretAgentZero)

Time to debut in this forum! I'm hearing it's a $72M USD, 4-year deal for Brock Osweiler to play QB for my Texans. We'll also shuffle around a few 1st Round draft picks.

Texans are so stupid. They should be trading up for Wentz or the kids from Cal or Memphis. Osweiler is going to be a bust.

So Osweiler got the Matt Flynn contract. The funny thing is that Brian Hoyer had nearly identical numbers.

Curious... is there a GTPLanet Fantasy Football League or no?

And now to add to the thread, I am in total shock at how much a turn around the Broncos have done in this offseason. I am a Patriots fan 100% and I was happy to see Manning retire (from a respect standpoint), but they are really becoming a joke now!

If you miss NFL football at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, then you're going to see football return to there for the first time in a while as the [now] Los Angeles Rams will play there for their home games while the new stadium is being built. I think I read on ESPN's Bottom Line they'll be moving out of St. Louis as early as this Thursday. In addition to this news, former University of Houston QB and former Houston Texan Case Keenum will be the Ram's starting QB.

This all pretty sweet news for the Rams franchise. Only one thing will just make it all a bit sweeter- go back to those vintage blue and gold colors (not that I have a problem with the modern blue and gold colors- the vintage blue and gold Rams colors pop better and look better). And the Chargers should go back to their Powder Blue colors, but that's another story.

The Rams will trade up and get a rookie QB. There's no way they can return to LA and have their first game back with Case Keenum as their starter.

The Rams will trade up and get a rookie QB. There's no way they can return to LA and have their first game back with Case Keenum as their starter.

I almost feel like it would be a better gamble to go with Case Keenum than a rookie QB for your first year as a "new" team. My opinion of course. That being said, they could have went with someone different like Kaepernick perhaps?

That being said, they could have went with someone different like Kaepernick perhaps?

Or RG3 or Fitzpatrick. Going with Keenum is the cheap option and that doesn't send a good message for your return back to LA.

They did, however, recently release some very good players like Chris Long and Laurinaitis so where is the cap space going? They didn't sign anyone other than Quinton Coples, a Jets 1st round pick bust, and a journeyman DB in Sensabaugh and two more defensive ends in Hayes and Sims.

I am a Patriots fan 100%
Lucky you. They will be scary good next season with Lewis back from injury and Chris Long at DE. Not to mention the trades for Bennett and Cooper. Cooper + a 2nd round pick was more addition by subtracting Chandler Jones. They also just signed McClellan who is an underrated LB that can blitz well.

Lucky you. They will be scary good next season with Lewis back from injury and Chris Long at DE. Not to mention the trades for Bennett and Cooper. Cooper + a 2nd round pick was more addition by subtracting Chandler Jones. They also just signed McClellan who is an underrated LB that can blitz well.

Barring any injuries, we are for sure bound for Super Bowl potential once again. I'm really trying to take in these next few years because I know we are coming to an end of an era, but we seem to be making all the right moves to set up for the future.

The Bennett and Gronkowski duo is ridiculous and look for Belichick to turn Hogan from the Bills into the next Welker alongside Edelman. They basically scheme the opposing team's corners out of the game and force the safeties to play coverage.

I remember Bennett from his time on my Giants. He was very underused in Chicago.

Among recent changes, rules changes like eliminating chop blocks and moving touchbacks to the 25-yard line. Can you imagine the NFL to play in China in 2018? Also, Robert Griffin III (RG3) to the Cleveland Browns. Thoughts?

The Bennett and Gronkowski duo is ridiculous and look for Belichick to turn Hogan from the Bills into the next Welker alongside Edelman. They basically scheme the opposing team's corners out of the game and force the safeties to play coverage.

I remember Bennett from his time on my Giants. He was very underused in Chicago.

Dude and we just picked up Nate Washington... I really don't know how other teams are going to stop our offense this year. :D

And Bennett was underused in Chicago because Jay Cutler is absolutely terrible. Different story in New England

EDIT: On the argument of RG3 going to Browns, all I have to say is that his career is over. There are no real offensive weapons and the offensive line is terrible. Only hope he has is to run, and we all know how fragile he is. He would have been much better suited with Denver.

RG3's name to the list of the Browns QBs that failed on that infamous jersey. I don't see him doing well at all unless this upcoming draft has a hell of a lot of good linemen in it. Don't get me wrong- I'd like to be proven wrong and see him do well, but I just don't see how the Browns of all teams are a good fit for him.

No way, man. Hoagie is nowhere near quick enough.

EDIT: On the argument of RG3 going to Browns, all I have to say is that his career is over.

Browns-QB-graveyard-10-26-15.jpg

No way, man. Hoagie is nowhere near quick enough.
I agree that he doesn't have the same quickness but he's shown good hands and route running ability. He definitely can't match the old school Welker punt returns.

Hoagie is a possession receiver with poor size, poor quickness, and poor YAC. He will run crisp routes and catch every ball thrown to him in practice, but a good corner on game day will always be able to blanket him.

That's just the unfortunate truth. I like the guy, though. He was a Dolphin.

So, Ryan Tannehill is my new neighbor... Not sure how I feel about that. Well, at least he won't be around to hear us screaming at the TV.

edit: Oh, thank goodness. I did some more research and the empty lots they had leveled would have been our neighbors. They wound up buying this a couple streets down. I love this house though:

It's so elegant, and subtly beautiful. It's what Ft. Lauderdale should be instead of all of these monstrosity mansions that went up in the aughties.

Last edited:
Word has it that former Houston Texan Arian Foster is going to meet with the Miami Dolphins tomorrow. So Omnis' Dolphins may get a running game boost should be join the Dolphins. Question is... how much does this guy have left? Can he still make those solid cuts for extra yards? Arian Foster can improve almost any team.

Word has it that former Houston Texan Arian Foster is going to meet with the Miami Dolphins tomorrow. So Omnis' Dolphins may get a running game boost should be join the Dolphins. Question is... how much does this guy have left? Can he still make those solid cuts for extra yards? Arian Foster can improve almost any team.

Wow that would be a good add for Miami! They've been on the rise the last few seasons and Foster can only make them better. He's a beast and I know he's up there in age, but he's still got a couple more seasons left I think

Back